Sitting at the light beside a Prius

C-Maxgo

This afternoon my husband and saw a Prius sitting at the light beside us.  When we turned to look at him he smiled and gave us the thumbs up.  That made my day!   :happy feet:  I was so proud of Max.  My husband rolled down the window and asked the man how much mpg he gets.  He said that he gets 50 mpg going 55 mph and about 43 in the city.  Then we told him our averages.  We waved again and shh....ed on down the road.   :shift:

This afternoon my husband and saw a Prius sitting at the light beside us.  When we turned to look at him he smiled and gave us the thumbs up.  That made my day!   :happy feet:  I was so proud of Max.  My husband rolled down the window and asked the man how much mpg he gets.  He said that he gets 50 mpg going 55 mph and about 43 in the city.  Then we told him our averages.  We waved again and shh....ed on down the road.   :shift:

43 in the city is poor imo, the CMax easily does 55+ MPG around the city at the 35mph speeds assuming you don't hoon red light to red light as most idjiots here ;)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

43 in the city is poor imo, the CMax easily does 55+ MPG around the city at the 35mph speeds assuming you don't hoon red light to red light as most idjiots here ;)

Not mine Jus not even close lately.  Maybe 40 but not for long as it just falls lower in a 1/2 mile or so.

Hee...sounds like 2 grannies in Oldsmobiles racing each other to the next red light at 8 mph.... :hysterical:

I am sooooo dead :sing_rain:

I must be slippin'...........I just saw this today. Watch it with the granny-slams buddy!!! :finger:

Edited by Adair

that must have been a classic moment.i would of showed him up off the line to show him the Max' torque capabilities.

so much this.  i have only been in that position once, and i don't think the prius guy/gal even considered punching the gas pedal, lol

I live in New York...you just don't look at the other drivers when you stop at a light.  You just kinda pretend they aren't there.

Yea I think I would stick to your normal habit of not looking.  People are more relaxed down south where I drive in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.  I'll remember to keep my eyes ahead while driving in New York.  Is that just in New York City or all over the state?

• 3 weeks later...

So who's going to be first taking a C-Max to 1,000,000 miles? :shift:

And who's in the lead, anyway?

Probably will be a taxi driver.

Right now we're sitting at 28,751 miles after having our C-Max for 9 months. At the ten month mark, it would not surprise me if we are at the 31,000 mile mark.