What kind of cell phone do you have?

Ok, so it's been 1 day in a row now with no SYNC issues with my phone not SYNCed. It was not as hot yesterday, but still within the range of temps that the problem has occurred in before. The jury is still out on the issue, but I have to look at the possibility of getting a different phone if this can't be resolved.

My question is this: If you have SYNC with MFT, what kind of phone do you have? What service provider? What do you like/dislike about the phone? Have you had any SYNC vs phone related issues?

I have seen 2 different FORD documents related to SYNC compatible phones.....One lists the DROID 4 and one does not. I'm going to call the hotline at lunch today to ask for clarification...

I really prefer a physical keyboard (long nails and on screen keyboards don't work well.) But I realize those are few and far between.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Verizon

HTC 8X (Windows Phone)

No problems with Sync functions, Bluetooth or streaming.

The phone reads text messages to me while I am driving (when they arrive) and prompts me to reply verbally. It will read back what I said verbally to check for accuracy before sending. It has been so reliable at pairing that I don't think about it anymore. It even paired with my phone when it was in the very back of the car in a backpack.

I love the Windows phone interface. It is different from the iphone and Android interfaces, and I like that. I've been able to find and install all of the Apps I need and I don't think I've spent more than $5 total for all apps.  The HTC 8X has been a dream, but an alternative is Nokia (very reputable hardware), which has been selling the most Windows phones.

Edited by Riddley

I have a Blackberry Torch 9810 - no issues with the phone pairing and calls coming in and out.  But, I do have a glitch with Text Messages.  I used to get a notification that I had a Text Message and I could choose to Listen to it and the Sync voice would read it to me.  

But, for the last week, I don't get the notification of Text Messages and I've missed a couple of important ones while driving.  Not sure what changed.  

Since you are already used to Android, it will likely be easier to stick with that format rather than having to deal with the learning curve of a new OS.  I have the Galaxy Note II, which is a little bigger than the Galaxy S4, and is great on my 50+ eyes.  Search for my ProClip photos to show how it can be mounted on the console.

With the Sprint Simply Everything plan, with taxes and all, I am paying $117 per month with unlimited everything.  The only limit I put on the plan was to make it 400 or 450 minutes per month to call land lines.  For $133, you can have unlimited everything, even land lines.

I hate worrying about minutes, and tracking to make sure I don't go over.  Anytime I have ever tried to cut my bill by reducing minutes, I end out going over the limit just once, and it makes it more expensive for the year than if I had just gone with the unlimited plan, worry free.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

I have an AT&T iPhone 5 (ios 6.1.4) which was a bit buggy with 3.1.3 sync but works great now with 3.5.1 text( receive only :baby: ), USB, Bluetooth (phone and stream). I really only miss the text reply but I can sorta use Siri for replies. Good luck finding a new phone, Hopefully that will cure your sync woes ( personally I would wait at least a week to be sure it is the phone)

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Carrier: American Telephone & Telegraph

This phone has always paired with MFT. It has been so seamless that I don't even pay attention any more. MFT will even verbally read texts to me although I can't speak outbound texts.

Edited by HPRifleman

ATT-- HTC Google Dev 1  it's at least 3 years old, and I don't even know WHICH version of Android it has, 1.5 or something.  I don't have a data plan for the phone, and I have a newer tablet, so the lack of support for the old OS isn't really a problem for me.

On the plus side, I've had no problems with it whatsoever, and it does have a hard keypad (which I also prefer).

Samsung Galaxy S3 with T-Mobile

Haven't had any issues with pairing the phone, bluetooth streaming, and voice command calling.

The text notification and ability to read new text messages is intermittent. Sometimes MFT recognizes a new text and gives the option to read aloud but other times it doesn't prompt new texts.  I'm still on Sync 3.1.3

Verizon GSA4 running 4.2 Jelly Bean. No issues with the older 3.1.3 or newer 3.5.1

Past phone Verizon Motorola DroidX running 2.3 Android no issues with the 3.1.3.

Thanks Jus! So many things to consider!

Verizon

HTC 8X (Windows Phone)

The phone reads text messages to me while I am driving (when they arrive) and prompts me to reply verbally. It will read back what I said verbally to check for accuracy before sending. It has been so reliable at pairing that I don't think about it anymore. It even paired with my phone when it was in the very back of the car in a backpack.

I love the Windows phone interface. It is different from the iphone and Android interfaces, and I like that. I've been able to find and install all of the Apps I need and I don't think I've spent more than $5 total for all apps.  The HTC 8X has been a dream, but an alternative is Nokia (very reputable hardware), which has been selling the most Windows phones.

Thanks Riddley! I didn't know much about the Windows phone, but found some similar apps that I could transfer info to. Maybe with Windows (Microsoft) and SYNC (Microsoft) they would play nice together :>)

I have a Blackberry Torch 9810 - no issues with the phone pairing and calls coming in and out.  But, I do have a glitch with Text Messages.  I used to get a notification that I had a Text Message and I could choose to Listen to it and the Sync voice would read it to me.  

But, for the last week, I don't get the notification of Text Messages and I've missed a couple of important ones while driving.  Not sure what changed.  

Thanks for the reply LizM. I think I'm too used to the BIG screen to go back to a Blackberry, but it does have a physical keyboard, so we'll see..... Maybe I'll test drive one.....

Since you are already used to Android, it will likely be easier to stick with that format rather than having to deal with the learning curve of a new OS.  I have the Galaxy Note II, which is a little bigger than the Galaxy S4, and is great on my 50+ eyes.  Search for my ProClip photos to show how it can be mounted on the console.

With the Sprint Simply Everything plan, with taxes and all, I am paying $117 per month with unlimited everything.  The only limit I put on the plan was to make it 400 or 450 minutes per month to call land lines.  For $133, you can have unlimited everything, even land lines.

I hate worrying about minutes, and tracking to make sure I don't go over.  Anytime I have ever tried to cut my bill by reducing minutes, I end out going over the limit just once, and it makes it more expensive for the year than if I had just gone with the unlimited plan, worry free.

We have Verizon service because that's about all that will work out here in the boonies. I agree about not having to learn a new OS tho. Maybe it won't come to that.

I have an AT&T iPhone 5 (ios 6.1.4) which was a bit buggy with 3.1.3 sync but works great now with 3.5.1 text( receive only :baby: ), USB, Bluetooth (phone and stream). I really only miss the text reply but I can sorta use Siri for replies. Good luck finding a new phone, Hopefully that will cure your sync woes ( personally I would wait at least a week to be sure it is the phone)

Glad to hear the iPhone 5 and 3.5.1 play nice together!! I looked at one at work today, and my peeps there have nothing but good to say about it.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 Carrier: American Telephone & Telegraph This phone has always paired with MFT. It has been so seamless that I don't even pay attention any more. MFT will even verbally read texts to me although I can't speak outbound texts.

That's what my husband has HP. He loves it. We're stuck with Verizon out here.....nothing else works as well. Good to hear it's worked so well for you! That will def. be a consideration.

ATT-- HTC Google Dev 1  it's at least 3 years old, and I don't even know WHICH version of Android it has, 1.5 or something.  I don't have a data plan for the phone, and I have a newer tablet, so the lack of support for the old OS isn't really a problem for me.

On the plus side, I've had no problems with it whatsoever, and it does have a hard keypad (which I also prefer).

Hmmmm, I like that it has a keyboard! I'll have to check to see if they are available with Verizon. 

Thanks everyone, for all the responses!

Is there anyone that can actually reply to emails?  I also can't with the Galaxy Note II.  When I have tried, I get a response from Maxie that this feature is not available on this phone.  I can dictate to the phone for response, but I am just curious to see if there is any phone with which this feature actually works.

• 2 weeks later...

Verizon

HTC 8X (Windows Phone)

Did you upgrade to 3.5.1 ever since we did my phone will connect and recive calls but when I try to use phonebook it hen says no pnone connected. It worked great till then and I cant even get the music to work. I miss the way it used to work it was perfect.

Another vote here for Samsung Galaxy Note with Jelly Bean. Unlocked international version, no plan, no monthly fee, cheap, cheap, cheap. (I also got a terrific deal on my C-Max). Drop a hundred bucks in the meter a couple times a year............. have not had any issues with connectivity, but only use basic functions. Cheap Nick

Edited by C-MaxSeattle