What kind of cell phone do you have?

sounds like something in the dash is heating up and expanding and causing loss of connection or causing an intermittent.

Use a iPhone 5 with ATT, have noticed one thing lately in hot weather, the display will show Connecting for a period of time and appear not to work, but if you go to another screen like the Hybrid display then back, the phone shows as connected and I can use the commands

I have a Galaxy Nexus (a phone of the purest Google), and it will make and receive calls, do Caller ID, stream media, but will not do text messages. That's okay, as I don't do a lot of text messaging. Son has a G4, and it will do text messaging.

I've only had one issue, and it's not Sync-related. After Sprint pushed an update several months ago, the name of the phone got changed. Of course, I didn't realize that immediately. I could sync up the phone, but after I turned off the car, it would lose sync. We chaged the phone name in Bluetooth Settings back to what it had been, and everything worked just fine. I mention that in case anyone else runs into problems after their phone gets an update.

We have 2 phones which get paired with Neytiri, it just depends on who is driving. Both are on the Sprint Network. One is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.2.1, The other one is a Samsungalaxy S 2 (Epic 4G Touch) with Androiid 4.1.2

As of yet, have not had a chance to test with 3.5.1

Concerning both phones, they pair nicely & the phonebooks are downloaded. Have not had any text messages read to us on either phone, so I might be missing a setting somewhere.