Journey to 800+ Miles on a single tank in a C-Max Hybrid

Jus-A-CMax

Yeah, but what's your *running mpg*.....the # that comes up when you first log on to Fuelly? I think it says that's the average of your last 10 (?) tanks.

Hee...only by a measly 0.5. Those 33mpgs early on are killing me :sad:

No worries, there's so many talented drivers here and I look forward to someone breaking it. Even Mark Spitz' records go one day...jus sayin'

"if only they would pair the electric with a duratec diesel!"

It would be some improvement over Diesel alone, but Electric and gas have better synergy than electric and diesel because diesel has plenty of torque at low RPM while gas does not. Perhaps if they did more like the Volt and made the car more electric with the diesel there more for charging and light assist, it could be kept in its optimum range and only run when needed.

they wouldn't have of fuelly used median instead of avg :) oh well it will be harder to overcome the low numbers especially now that you are fueling up much less often than before. no worries. your a gas God.

Hee...only by a measly 0.5. Those 33mpgs early on are killing me :sad:

No worries, there's so many talented drivers here and I look forward to someone breaking it. Even Mark Spitz' records go one day...jus sayin'

by the way Jus, here are your numbers I calculated from your fuelly data:

Average/Mean mpg = 46.02 mpg

Median mpg  = 46.95 mpg

Mode = 46.9 mpg

note this is based on 32 data points since 3 of your 35 data points was not a full fill so no mpg was shown for those so i couldn't add those to my calculations but it seems fuelly has a way to determine the mpg for those partial fills.

Edited by salsaguy

• 3 weeks later...

Hearsay?: Ford set to improve 2013 hybrids software starting in August 2013  C-Max, Fusion, Mkz. Calibration updates , Max pure electric from 62 to 85, Grille Shutters, Temperature conditions, reduce the electric fan speed, shortening engine warm up time, optimizing the climate control system.  Lets hope so!

• 1 month later...