So, Ford DID tweak things......

Adair

OK, I'll try this again.....I tweaked the original post. :dance: That's what I meant by *How's that?* It just didn't show up immediately following Laurel and Noah's post. 

Good comments Noah.  Maybe Adair should go and edit her first post to protect him. Hey Adair what do you think?

Try not to give too much personal about the guy! Wouldn't want him to get fired because he shared something we're interested in knowing, that Ford isn't so happy about spreading around. Include intentionally misleading personal details, if possible. The situation you described already might be enough for some pointy-haired boss to pick him out…. 

For those of you in warm locations: Very pleased with how quickly the a/c unit cools down the Cmax, even after it has sat out in the sun and baked a while.

Agreed.  However, I had tinting added.  So, I am not sure how well the car would cool without it.

I run the air conditioning at three to four bars fan speed, with temp set at 73F, and I am surprised at how comfortable it gets, pretty quickly.

OK, I'll try this again.....I tweaked the original post. :dance: That's what I meant by *How's that?* It just didn't show up immediately following Laurel and Noah's post. 

Sorry, was a bit slow!  :runaway:

Agreed.  However, I had tinting added.  So, I am not sure how well the car would cool without it.

I run the air conditioning at three to four bars fan speed, with temp set at 73F, and I am surprised at how comfortable it gets, pretty quickly.

We had a fancy, heat-blocking tint installed on our Mazda 3 and it made a world of difference (the car had weak AC).  Our Max is tinted and it helps, but not sure that it makes that significant of a difference.

I'm almost at 9,000 miles and I've seen a sudden jump in mileage.  I drive mostly highway miles and my tanks are generally in the 43 mpg range.  Suddenly I've hit the bottom 45s.  Could be multiple factors.  But I'm not sure if it had to do with the upgrade.

Adair,

I'm pleased as punch.  Two days ago, I was in "inching along" traffic due to two accidents.  It took me two hours to get home.  My mpgs dropped to the low 44s, and I thought I would never be able to get it back into the 45s.  But it jumped back up again.  I've started getting 51 on the surface streets.  I think my biggest problem is that I have trouble driving with the battery charged - I can never seem to find a technique that works for me.

Also, my engine is warming up faster and I'm hitting 50 and even 60+ on the highway when I find the allusive "sweet spot" at 65ish.  I found that mine is actually two notches below 65.  But it's a fine balancing trick to not go too low and drain the battery.  

And my biggest sadness is that my work place is one of my EV + locations, but it's uphill from the time the EV + hits until I get into the parking lot.  So, that EV + is completely wasted.

• 2 weeks later...

Adair,

I'm pleased as punch.  Two days ago, I was in "inching along" traffic due to two accidents.  It took me two hours to get home.  My mpgs dropped to the low 44s, and I thought I would never be able to get it back into the 45s.  But it jumped back up again.  I've started getting 51 on the surface streets.  I think my biggest problem is that I have trouble driving with the battery charged - I can never seem to find a technique that works for me.

Also, my engine is warming up faster and I'm hitting 50 and even 60+ on the highway when I find the allusive "sweet spot" at 65ish.  I found that mine is actually two notches below 65.  But it's a fine balancing trick to not go too low and drain the battery.  

And my biggest sadness is that my work place is one of my EV + locations, but it's uphill from the time the EV + hits until I get into the parking lot.  So, that EV + is completely wasted.

Ours seems to be getting less since the upgrade, but it could just be the higher AC use. How can you tell when the EV+ kicks in? I do not see any indicator on the dash that shows this, but I know it is turned on. Sorry if this is a dumb question!! :)

I am there too asb, but I'm in Michigan. I'm seeing a significant jump. Could be weather, could be upgrade, could be premium gas......could be a combination. Whatever it is, I'll take it!! I'm loving seeing 46.9 on this tank!

Engine breakin. I documented 800 to 12,000 on the odo using the older 3.1.3. Kick in thr 3.5.1 and you're happy as a pig in mud..at least I am  :)

and now we know officially that EV+ kicks in around 1/8th of a mile per the release info.

Here are more details about EV+ from the manual.

1. The EV mode usage changes are based on the following criteria:

• 1/2 mile (1 kilometer) from a familiar destination, your vehicle starts to raise the accelerator pedal based EV mode threshold.

• 1/8 mile (200 meters) from a familiar destination, your vehicle is in full EV mode.

• Infrequent destinations have no increase in EV driving.

•  

I have had the Cmax since last October and drive the same route to work every day. It is 25 miles each way and I use the same route. About 10-12 miles of the route is speed limits below 55 MPH. The EV+ indicator did not come on until I was about 100 yards from  our house on my way home. Would the 3.5.1 upgrade wipe out the EV+ information in the vehicle? On Monday I was fiddling around with some of the settings, and I did turn off EV+ for a second, then cut it back on. Would that have wiped the information clean??

It came on today on my way to work about 100-200 yards from where I park. It looks like it just activates when you get close to your destination. Is this normal or should it also come on sometimes between my start and destination? :confused:

Update!  I just read another post on this forum which answered my question!! Apparently it is working normally.

:)

Edited by mikekoz