What did you do to your CMax today?

fotomoto

I have only had my sel for a week. Yesterday started to give her clean up. Started with a good wash then moved on to "clay " the sheet metal. Was surprised to find just how much dirt and grime there was on the car. Spent about four hours doing that, then gave her a good coat of wax. By this time I had enough for the day, decided to wait until today to clean the inside. The inside was not as bad as the outside but still took quite awhile to get the way I wanted. Very happy how she looks now, but also very tired. The dealer said that they cleaned her top to bottom but don't think they did anything except hose it down and dry it off. The color is ice storm or I

should say a shiney ice storm.

welcome SOMD.congrats on your new car yes surprised about how much contamination gets built up as the cars sit outside in the elements at the dealer and yes they mainly hose off and dry.even their detail is not a real detail. hope you can keep your new car shiny in your garage.

be sure to post all your findings and good/bad things about the car as well as your mpg numbers and read info here and ask for help.

be sure to sign up on fuelly.com to track your mpg data.

That looks GOOD, could you post a picture from a few feet away?

What are you going to tow?

thanks

I would like to tow a 500+/- lb trailer with a 500+/- motorcycle on it.

But pg 243 of the owners manual (1st print) says.

TOWING A TRAILER

WARNING: Never tow a trailer with this vehicle. Your vehicle is

not equipped to tow. No towing packages are available through

an authorized dealer.

I've found several hitch manufactures that make hitches for the C-Max?

We would tow about 2700 miles a yr, 650 miles at a time.

Thoughts anyone.

That looks GOOD, could you post a picture from a few feet away?

What are you going to tow?

Thoughts anyone.

Here ya' go.

null_zps8ac2e948.jpg

I didn't install it to tow.  Instead I'll be using a cargo carrier for additional carrying capacity.  Here's a test load for a future family camping trip this summer.

null_zpsccf14ffd.jpg

I'll post more in the cargo section which is where questions about towing/hauling are more appropriate.

Edited by fotomoto

That happened to me last week when I washed my car.   :sing_rain: This time I waited and waited until no rain was forecast  :future:  and a week and a half later I got to wash it.   :waiting:   :cleaning:  I've got my fingers crossed that the 40% chance of rain tomorrow will be a 60% chance that it won't.   :secret:      Love these new emoticons!   :flirt:

Edited by C-Maxgo

I talked to Ford service twitter, posted on C-max facebook, looked at the window sticker. Looked at Ford owner site. Looked at etis. That's about all I can do for now, It is still scheduled to be built on 7/18.

T-2 days!!. :happy feet:

I have watched all the owner videos at least twice. Searched youtube immensely, and have watched hundreds of reviews, drives, demos, and etc. To the point that my wife just sighs, and says "Not again".

I could go buy some add-ons, like dear warnings, windshield shade, window vent visors, cleaning supplies, steering wheel cover, and etc. But if I do that then I would probably be even more impatient.