What did you do to your CMax today?

fotomoto

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Installed some cheeeeep DRL's from Amazon.   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GO7TESW/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

b1bb73d2-2471-4590-b0e5-7305bd100792_zps

43D9E46F-F129-44FE-AFF5-539632D26113_zps

My local radio shack didn't have the correct relay so they aren't fully functional till next weekend.  I wired them direct just to observe them.  Very bright but reliability and longevity remain to be seen (pun intended).

• 2 weeks later...

Installed some cheeeeep DRL's from Amazon.   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GO7TESW/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

b1bb73d2-2471-4590-b0e5-7305bd100792_zps

43D9E46F-F129-44FE-AFF5-539632D26113_zps

My local radio shack didn't have the correct relay so they aren't fully functional till next weekend.  I wired them direct just to observe them.  Very bright but reliability and longevity remain to be seen (pun intended).

Foto,

Many thanks for posting this, and for taking the trouble to do the temporary light-up to show the full effect.

This is one of the very best looking cosmetic C-max dress-ups i've seen, and absolutely the best "bang for the buck" !  - or should I say "bling for the buck" ?

Please do post as to how the relay lighting goes.

Jack

• 3 weeks later...

Installed a hitch receiver.  Took about an hour due to dull drill bits.

null_zps364f83e4.jpg

Me, too, but I did the Torque Lift, no-drill version. No idea why Curt didn't go this route... only problem was undercoating in the unused bolt threads.

Have fun,

Frank

Installed an Eco-hitch, along with 2 yakima high roller bike racks sandwiching a Curt cargo rack (just enough room), all on a Rhino Rack roof rack system. Also have a Thule hitch mount cargo box which isn't pictured. :)

DSC_9016_zps1w93s0e7.jpg

DSC_9017_zps05irfkl1.jpg

What kind of fuel economy are you getting when riding around with the top empty, compared to not having one?

What kind of fuel economy are you getting when riding around with the top empty, compared to not having one?

Well, I own an Energi, so I can't give you straight mpg #'s, but I can give you efficiency numbers with naked roof vs roof racks + Curt cargo basket.

Completely naked roof:  89.5 miles / 21.7 kWh = 4.12 miles/kWh

Rack + cargo basket:  87.7 miles / 26.4 kWh =3.32 miles/kWh

19% reduction in range. I would think the MPG hit in the hybrid would be similar? I only counted my regular commuting trips. I almost always drive between 55-60 mph, 75/25 highway/city split. This data was collected over the past 2 months.

Edited by bro1999

Well, I own an Energi, so I can't give you straight mpg #'s, but I can give you efficiency numbers with naked roof vs roof racks + Curt cargo basket.

Completely naked roof:  89.5 miles / 21.7 kWh = 4.12 miles/kWh

Rack + cargo basket:  87.7 miles / 26.4 kWh =3.32 miles/kWh

19% reduction in range. I would think the MPG hit in the hybrid would be similar? I only counted my regular commuting trips. I almost always drive between 55-60 mph, 75/25 highway/city split. This data was collected over the past 2 months.

Wow, that is a pretty big hit in mileage!

Wow, that is a pretty big hit in mileage!

Yeah, I didn't realize until today just how much of a hit it was. I've still been able to make my roundtrip commute (17 miles) on battery alone, which is one reason I've left it the basket up there. It's a big PITA to install that thing.

I'm just pulling numbers out of thin air, but my guess is taking the basket off and having just the roof bars on top would reduce the range loss around 10%.

Edited by bro1999

It finally went above 65F today so I decided to put on one of those Ford Aplique's they have for the C-max. The crappy cell phone pictures don't really do it justice. The gray lettering and detail is actually a sparkly silver that matches the pearl paint of the car. Maybe I'll take some pictures with an actual camera after I wash my car.

13967749970_3dff2296e1_b.jpg

Cmax Bumper by TopherTheME, on Flickr

• 6 months later...