What accessories or add-ons would like you to see for the C-Max

mnrobitaille

Ugh. Battery died again. No apparent reason this time.

I would like a feature where my car would start off of the large battery.

Plus a key hole on the hatch. And mechanical lock latches on the rear doors.

you could get a quick shut off from an auto parts store that would quickly cut the 12v batt out of the system, which would be a pain, but would likely solve that problem.

I's love it if the horn was a softer touch, so you could just tap it for a "friendly" toot, instead of pushing real hard like you are trying to squash something.

And an optional PV panel on the roof with a trickle charger would be cool.

I keep a thumb on the silver that runs past the "OK"/arrow control, this will sound the horn, and you get a lot of leverage, so mine is about right, though sometimes it also presses the down arrow button too. Like to see that fixed.

Selectable LED, DRL's incorporated into the headlamp housing like all the others have.

OLM readout to know where the oil life remaining % is at.

Better sun visors.

Replace the stupid leaves for something with usefull data, like an OLM (oil life monitor).

An all windows up from the FOB to match the all windows down feature.

Memory seats and outside mirrors with a passanger power seat.

LED head and tail lamps.

Lens covers over the Fog lamp housings to reduce drag.

Accessory covers for the wheels to reduce drag.

A rear under body panel to finish off the rear openings between the rear axle and rear bumper area. 

An accessory roof rack with removable uprights when not in use.

Removable rear seats like the mini vans have to add more cargo space when needed.

Available darker factory glass on all the second row and back windows. Like a Suburban and other trucks have.

Factory grill blocks.

TPMS readout for tire pressure data on the DIC in place of the stupid leaves and still keep the requested OLM data.

Edited by drdiesel1

Another vote to redesign the awkward center console and add dedicated spaces for cell phone and quarters.  For that matter, I'd like a dedicated space for an i-Pass, as I don't like mine stuck to the windshield--I find it very distracting. 

I'm making the glove box work by means of using plastic boxes to store things in there, but it would be nice if that were better designed, too.

I also agree with Chryssa that the EV auto/now/later button is awkwardly located.  I'm so NOT used to pushing buttons (old car was a 97 Kia, before that it was a 92 Civic that didn't even have electric windows or locks), and more than once, I've caught myself almost pushing the power off button rather than the EV button. Either put it somewhere where we can clearly see it at all times (i.e., NOT behind the gear shift), or put it on the steering wheel.

I would like for the foglight button to permanently set the fog lights on/off - so if I restart the car I don't have to push the button again.

I was surprised to read that you use the fog lights in Arizona.  Is fog common in your area.  We live on the South Coast of British Columbia and surprisingly we don't have too much fog here--we are about 10 kilometers from the ocean.  I have only used our fog lights twice in the year that we have owned our car.

I was surprised to read that you use the fog lights in Arizona.  Is fog common in your area.  We live on the South Coast of British Columbia and surprisingly we don't have too much fog here--we are about 10 kilometers from the ocean.  I have only used our fog lights twice in the year that we have owned our car.

Not too much fog, but I like having fogs for two reasons:

1) I LOVE having light.  You can't have enough.

2) It gets hella dark out in the desert, and having that extra throw of the lights to the side help see critters faster.

2) It gets hella dark out in the desert, and having that extra throw of the lights to the side help see critters faster.

I understand.  I haven't been to the desert at night very often, but I do recall that it can be scary dark.  I love pretty lights and switching topic to Christmas lights, we just ordered Blisslights to light up our yard.  They are beautiful and would be stunning in the desert. Isn't the shopping channel great for finding unique things? LOL  

Edited by Laurel

Selectable LED, DRL's incorporated into the headlamp housing like all the others have.

OLM readout to know where the oil life remaining % is at.

Better sun visors.

An all windows up from the FOB to match the all windows down feature.

Memory seats and outside mirrors with a passanger power seat.

A rear under body panel to finish off the rear openings between the rear axle and rear bumper area. 

TPMS readout for tire pressure data on the DIC in place of the stupid leaves and still keep the requested OLM data.

Seconded, and I'm going to need your TPMS report by friday, and I need you to go ahead and come in on saturday, mmmkay? Super.

Another vote to redesign the awkward center console and add dedicated spaces for cell phone and quarters.  

I mentioned this to the engineers; "You designed one of the most advanced cars on earth and didn't think people were going to put in a cell phone holder?" My request was to at least have some smooth surfaces to suction cup a "windshield" mount (mine is the Note 2, a ridiculously humongous phablet that is currently held directly in front of the cd slot) instead of the "pebbled" / "satin" surface of the dash that suction cups will not stick to.

Which means I've had to use 2-sided tape to attach the disc the suction cup sticks to, which means there's going to be a sticky mess when that wears out and I have to re-do the thing. Which is going to be pretty soon, it has only lasted about 4-5 months.

Edited by MacGyver

I've had mine 10 months and have never even tried the fog lights!  But I'm going out tonight and will light up the road and see how they work.  If you see me give me a honk!

I've had mine 10 months and have never even tried the fog lights!  But I'm going out tonight and will light up the road and see how they work.  If you see me give me a honk!

I'm down in Tucson, FWIW.  Also, the fogs help to see pedestrians and bikers who aren't wearing reflective clothing.

I mentioned this to the engineers; "You designed one of the most advanced cars on earth and didn't think people were going to put in a cell phone holder?" My request was to at least have some smooth surfaces to suction cup a "windshield" mount (mine is the Note 2, a ridiculously humongous phablet that is currently held directly in front of the cd slot) instead of the "pebbled" / "satin" surface of the dash that suction cups will not stick to.

Which means I've had to use 2-sided tape to attach the disc the suction cup sticks to, which means there's going to be a sticky mess when that wears out and I have to re-do the thing. Which is going to be pretty soon, it has only lasted about 4-5 months.

I ended up using a "vent" mount unit that clips onto one of the vanes in the vent just to the right of the steering wheel.

They might not have a holder for a cartoonishly large phablet, or it might be so heavy it'd break off the tabs... but I used this dope ProClip mount.

phone mount

They also have one that mounts down on the center console, if you prefer (a less useful but possibly more sturdy option).

I put my phone (a Galaxy S4) in the center console compartment. It is connected to the 12v port in there and is out of the way. With the Bluetooth connection I can answer or make calls. No need for suction cups or having the phone out in the open.