WHY hasn't a Ford engineer or spokes person chimmed in ???

catsailor

A lot of questions surrounding this new upgrade and I would certainly like to know what real world testing they did to MAKE this change mid year. Seems like if you ask most here we don't think you can beat what we are already doing from a FE standpoint so a simple chime in to advise us if this will make MATT or Jus get 70 mpg which the change out. Hey Ford chime in please, maybe a Moderator can get a guest to chime in on this subject. If not how do I go about contacting anybody in the know? My dealer don't know squat when it comes to who to call for knowledge of this change.

catsailor - being a mod doesn't mean we have connections with Ford, we simply don't - as we are volunteers here on the forums with 9 to 5 jobs. However, you certainly raise some great questions. However, I know myself, I have never been contact by Ford or even the dealer when I was breaking these records and as far as I know, neither has Matt..except for his dealer. However, thats not to say that Ford didn't learn a lot or download a ton of data from the Irvine POW-WOW in Feb this year.

Here is my suggestion to everyone here - IF YOU HAVE A FACEBOOK account - please hit the C-Max FB page and aim it @Eric to have someone give more details on these new upgrades.

Remember, they didn't do diddly-squat with the 3.5.1 upgrade and improving FE there - they just slide that in like what Micro$oft did with their updates at one time, no choice whatsoever..."here you go son".

I am guessing that the Ford corporate lawyers and executives strictly forbid any unauthorized public contact by their employees due to legal risks.

Exactly.  Moreover, it's not the engineers decision as to what winds up in vehicles; by and large it's accountants (IMHO.  I don't want to start a flame war).

Jus,

You guys must have a way via smoke signals or courier pigeons to get a note to somebody at Ford to drop in a "Splain" how a guy getting 45-47 would benefit by the FE improvements. If I was getting 40 mpg I would fist in line for anything to make my car get better mpg but what gives with folks like you and Matt??

BTW I am thinking that the KEY to success in getting HIGH FE is +95% brake scores cause let face it low battery storage no EV power!

Edited by catsailor

Ford people watch the boards. I was having trouble with MyFordMobile and someone from the development team helped me out on the Energi site. He came back later on and helped others after one of the upgrades. They are around us but probably not allowed to jump into every conversation that pops up.

Jus,

You guys must have a way via smoke signals or courier pigeons to get a note to somebody at Ford to drop in a "Splain" how a guy getting 45-47 would benefit by the FE improvements. If I was getting 40 mpg I would fist in line for anything to make my car get better mpg but what gives with folks like you and Matt??

BTW I am thinking that the KEY to success in getting HIGH FE is +95% brake scores cause let face it low battery storage no EV power!

Catsailor, we have the same connection to Ford that everyone else on the Forum has............we own one of their cars. :victory:  On Facebook, Eric at Ford will sometimes respond to a direct question or message. We can all ask there and maybe get a response. I've not seen anyone who identified themselves as being from Ford reply to any topic here.......not dead battery, not mileage issues, not my SYNC problem. If they are here, they are silent.

On other forums ala GolfWRX, there are representatatives from the various MAJOR golf manufacturers there who post and help....some even throw in some prototype of their new clubs and all. Its a a win-win in the real world instead of hiding behind legal-eagles...us posters get to ask questions about the product, they respond....and if something breaks or design flaw...hey send it back and heres a replacement. There are esoteric stuff there too kinda like gas pods and I think Susana is the 1st of any company to represent a product here on the board.

Look Ford knows about this board, many of us owners have given this web address at the Irvine POW-WOW. Yeah, they are probabaly all the "Google" users we see.

Hee..Ford lurkers....be a :airquote: man, sign up as yourself :victory:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Yes, I would like to ask questions too but, IMHO, I'm not sure it would be in Ford's, or even our, best interests to have an engineer answering the many questions we would have (and I'm not going to hold my breath waiting).  Why?  Legal issues have been mentioned but also the great complexity of a car like the C-Max.  So many technical questions can only be answered with "that depends".  There are so many interacting issues that it can be hard to come back with an answer that's not over-simplified, confusing, just leads to more questions or gives away trade secrets.  But it would be nice... and I'm not trying to argue with other's opinions.   I think I would rather Ford spend its time on bringing a hybrid B-Max to the US!

Jus if Ford dont answer the questions the freaking dealers have nobody savvy enough to come close to any answers. What are we do to but try and figure out this technology by ourselves. Please somebody direct me to the Wizard of Max for answers :).

BTW every other sailing or biking or sports team board we get folks that chim in where we go astray. I'd say we are astray on FE future mods. That is why I need u and Matt to lead the flock. Thanks pal.