Eeeeek! I'm getting a new ACM AND the update 13B07

Adair

Lets hope the Aliens have been exorcised from Jelly Bean, it mush have been messy in that tight, hot confined space... :kookie:

I bet it was, but...

Engineers rush in where Aliens fear to tread,

And if they dare to go there, the nerds will knock them dead!

Now just stay away from Austin, TX! :gaah:  http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9241236/Spoofed_Fake_GPS_signals_lead_yacht_astray

Not much to report on the ACM yet.....that'll take a +75* day baking in the sun.........

However...........The update......hmmmmm I'm wondering if it took.......EV+ recognized my house, and I think others have reported that their EV+ locations were lost. I'll have to go read those posts after dinner. :rtfm: If not that, then how will I know if the upgrade was done?

BUT, before I knew about that, it sure seemed to me that Jelly went into EV much quicker, and that the tenths of a mile added on quicker. (Maybe wishful thinking?) :future: When I picked Jelly up I had NO LEAVES and the battery was completely depleted. :rant2:  The MPGs were 45.2, down from the 47.2 I left it with. (I know, they ran it for 2 hours while they tested it, plus who knows what else while it was there)  It's only a 7 mile drive home from the dealership, but after some up and downs because of hills, I ended up with 46 mpgs for the trip and a lush vine of kudzu.

I guess I'll know more after a couple of trips to work.

Thanks for all the support guys! (Laurel, I'm loosely including you in with *the guys*) You're the best!

Hello Adair - I have a question about the 13B07 update related to what you observed: "The MPGs were 45.2, down from the 47.2 I left it with. (I know, they ran it for 2 hours while they tested it, plus who knows what else while it was there)"

If running the car can drop the mpgs, can it also change the odometer settings?  I'm trying to understand what happened with my c-max last week.

I had both the 13B06 (rear gate trunk module reprogram) and the 13B07 updates applied last week while I was having mudflaps installed and when I picked the car up, I thought it had been driven - there were 17 unexplained miles on it (I was assured that none of the techs had driven it) my mpgs had dropped from 38.9 to 38,3 and all of my display settings and the power seat settings had reverted back to the factory defaults.

BTW, I have noticed that since the reprogramming, the car goes into ev faster and stays in ev longer on inclines and small hills and the MPG tenths do change faster (unfortunately, they drop faster for me as well! :))

Hello Adair - I have a question about the 13B07 update related to what you observed: "The MPGs were 45.2, down from the 47.2 I left it with. (I know, they ran it for 2 hours while they tested it, plus who knows what else while it was there)"

If running the car can drop the mpgs, can it also change the odometer settings?  I'm trying to understand what happened with my c-max last week.

I had both the 13B06 (rear gate trunk module reprogram) and the 13B07 updates applied last week while I was having mudflaps installed and when I picked the car up, I thought it had been driven - there were 17 unexplained miles on it (I was assured that none of the techs had driven it) my mpgs had dropped from 38.9 to 38,3 and all of my display settings and the power seat settings had reverted back to the factory defaults.

BTW, I have noticed that since the reprogramming, the car goes into ev faster and stays in ev longer on inclines and small hills and the MPG tenths do change faster (unfortunately, they drop faster for me as well! :))

Hey VABlueC-Max!! 

Boy, I don't think that running the engine with the car sitting still can add miles. I think it just, in our case, drains the battery and starts the ICE running, reducing our MPGs. I didn't check my odometer setting before I left on Tuesday, but since EV+ locations are deleted, I wonder if somehow the odo reading is changed too? That is a ?? for someone with way more knowledge of these things than I have.

Hey Adair - I don't think the odometer can change with a car sitting still either but this was one of the explanations I was offered by the dealership's mgmt - I'm realizing that I'm driving a computer almost as much as a car and don't know if updating the "operating system" can impact the odometer....

I've been hyper- focused about my mileage because my c-max came with 660 miles already on it so I've been mentally subtracting that to know when I passed my "first 100, 2nd hundred, etc".

Thank you for your quick response!

Nope, REGEN miles are still there, and EV+ recognized my office. I won't be on freeways until later this weekend so I can't check that part.

I'm not even going to call them on it today. I'm not taking it back over just yet, and I'm not leaving it when I do. I can take it next Friday in the afternoon for the do-over.

I'm willing to bet big time bucks that you did not get the proper update. This is what happened to me. If you can't get into EV above 62 and the EV+ locations are still active, you didn't get it. I had to go back a second day to have them do the proper update. My dealer said they did not have the proper update in their laptops and had to redo that before re-doing me.

Nope, REGEN miles are still there, and EV+ recognized my office. I won't be on freeways until later this weekend so I can't check that part.

I'm not even going to call them on it today. I'm not taking it back over just yet, and I'm not leaving it when I do. I can take it next Friday in the afternoon for the do-over.

I dunno...I got my best MPG ever on the ride home today....60 something... I tried to take a picture but there was a lot of glare. I'll see how it turned out and post if it's legible. Still haven't made it to the freeway. EV+ still knows where home is and all my regen miles are there. Is it possible that part of the update worked and part didn't ?

Hey Adair, I'm wondering if you can check the SYNC my ride sight to see if the update was done...not sure if this would show up?  Anyone know?  Also ETIS - cause I know after I got the MFT update done it appeared on the  syncmyride website that I had the update and it disappeared off of the ETIS.

Hey Adair, I'm wondering if you can check the SYNC my ride sight to see if the update was done...not sure if this would show up?  Anyone know?  Also ETIS - cause I know after I got the MFT update done it appeared on the  syncmyride website that I had the update and it disappeared off of the ETIS.

Syncmyride will only show MFT and Sync updates.

Thanks Liz, I'll go check!

I'm pretty sure changing the odometer reading is still against the law.

I don't understand why your dealership is denying taking your car for a test drive?

I would be upset if they did not take it for a test drive.

That would be like Sears sending a repairman to repair the ice maker in your refrigerator, unplugging, change the most likely part, plug it back in and say "it's fixed sign here."

Hello wab - I'm sure you're right that changing the odometer is still against the law!  I'm curious about whether as part of the sw updates, there is any way that the odometer can be fooled into thinking the car has been driven.  I really don't think this is possible but am bending over backward to try to understand how 17 miles appeared on my car when the dealership swears they didn't drive it.  I certainly understand the need to test drive a vehicle - I just want to know about it!