Test ride in Vancouver,B.C.

Laurel

We ordered our C-Max in ice storm with the stone leather. They say it will be 8-12 weeks. Hope it comes sooner. I didn't order the moon roof, but got the 303a package with park assist etc. Dickering was a bust basically. They gave me a couple of things like a full tank of gas and the first servicing free. But obviously they really aren't suffering so stuck to their guns more so than us. We are never good negotiators at dealerships. Very nice car though and I am excited. They should target the senior's market what with the higher seats and good head space for getting in and out. All our older friends have a hell of a time finding a car that isn't low to the ground causing difficulty for them getting in and out. The C-Max is wonderful for that issue.

• 2 weeks later...

We ordered a C-Max SEL last week. Dealer would not deal below list price. Dealer was nice about it, explaining that demand is high. But there is a $1,000 dollar rebate. And some discounts when you order a more expensive C-Max packages.

We test drove a C-Max SE and loved it, both on local and Interstate roads. Stable and quiet. Seats are very comfortable. Dealer cautioned that delivery would be longer than other Ford models, so we can only hope we get it before Santa arrives.