3.6.2 Update - who has done it?

armoredsaint

Just downloaded it to my USB and will attempt it later today, hopefully it fixes my nav positioning problem like it said it would. Plus my Sirius skips for 1 seconds sometimes.

Currently I have 3.5.1

http://support.ford.com/media/syncmyride/intercept.html

What’s included in this update?
DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2

The latest SYNC® update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:

• Information display on the homescreen for HD, Sirius (if equipped), and FM radio sources
  • Simplified graphics and improved usability
  • Enhanced voice destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
  • Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)
  • Rear view camera guidelines set to ON by default (if equipped)
  • Updated SYNC/device compatibility information

The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete. Be sure to keep your engine running, not in accessory mode, throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC system. If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.) Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid the engine shutting off. The AEIS will automatically reset to "On" the next time you start your vehicle.

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal.

When your system has been successfully updated, SYNC will display a notification saying, "Installation complete."

Edited by armoredsaint

This thread http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2576-mft-36/ has lots of posts from people who have installed this, myself included.

I don't have nav, so I can't vouch for improvements in that area.  I doubt that'll help with Sirius skipping - are you sure that's not just from going under trees or other obstructions?

it skips when there's zero obstructions on an open highway/road - my 3 other cars have sirius and before that with no issues except for this C-Max

ETA: just installed it and went perfectly and it did take 30 mins, i like the more info on the home screen with Sirius (shows what song)  and the Nav looks like it's more of a natural bird's eye view.

and then you need to re-plug back your USB back to your computer to "Report" the update - I think Ford should give us free oil changes for all this ;)

Edited by armoredsaint

it skips when there's zero obstructions on an open highway/road - my 3 other cars have sirius and before that with no issues except for this C-Max

ETA: just installed it and went perfectly and it did take 30 mins, i like the more info on the home screen with Sirius (shows what song)  and the Nav looks like it's more of a natural bird's eye view.

and then you need to re-plug back your USB back to your computer to "Report" the update - I think Ford should give us free oil changes for all this ;)

shows the name of the artist and song on the free OTA version of radio broadcasting that I use also

check your settings as they most likely for reset to default to 2d view instead of 3d view.

my Sirius skips a lot in my Passat so i wouldn't expect to much from it. Sat is sat and needs line of sight. might be tall buildings not just trees.

it's neither, all my other cars have Sirius and before that I had the Sirius receiver, it seems like this C-Max is the pickiest. 

ETA: one of the fixes it said improved vehicle positioning, well it still shows i am off the road last night   :drop:

Edited by armoredsaint

I just updated.  It appears to have worked fine.  I had to pair my iPhone again.  It appears that I can now text through the Sync interface with the iPhone - I'll need to confirm it this week.  If I am remembering correctly the text options weren't available with the iPhone before.  

do you have the stock antenna or did you mod it with a shark fin type of other??

as for the off-road issue, better have them reinstall that update.

it's neither, all my other cars have Sirius and before that I had the Sirius receiver, it seems like this C-Max is the pickiest. 

ETA: one of the fixes it said improved vehicle positioning, well it still shows i am off the road last night   :drop:

no mods at all - i am still thinking it could be the GPS module like others that had it replaced?

I concur. My GPS will every once in a while put me off the road several feet from where I am.  I think this MFT 3.6 update tries to compensate by "rubber-banding" you back to the road your on (which I think is what the improved location info in MFT is about).  It can only compensate so much for bad data from the GPS module though.

I just updated.  It appears to have worked fine.  I had to pair my iPhone again.  It appears that I can now text through the Sync interface with the iPhone - I'll need to confirm it this week.  If I am remembering correctly the text options weren't available with the iPhone before.  

have it installed can get the car to read the incoming messages with a modification on the phones blue tooth options, but car still states there is not a approved phone for outgoing texts

I concur. My GPS will every once in a while put me off the road several feet from where I am.  I think this MFT 3.6 update tries to compensate by "rubber-banding" you back to the road your on (which I think is what the improved location info in MFT is about).  It can only compensate so much for bad data from the GPS module though.

it does seems to rubber band itself quicker than before i think.

I tried to download the update, but it would not finish, after many tries, with 3 different Operating Systems, and browsers, so I got on the Chat window and the Techs gave me a phone number to get the USB with the 3.6 on it, the number is 800.392.4040. they will send you a USB to install. you will need your Vin # when you call.

What is the bluetooth setting that you made on the iPhone to receive messages on your SYNC?  

I didn't need to configure anything on the iPhone.  I connected to SYNCH just like I've connected to any other bluetooth device.  Make sure you're on the latest IOS.

I did have to enable texting on the C-Max.  I don't remember offhand what I did.  I'll check it out on my ride to work this morning and comment tonight.

Installed 3.6.2 on my way to work, no problems other than having to repair my iPhone 5. I did have a problem getting my iMac to report the update back to Ford, tried Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. When I clicked the file browse button nothing would happen. Tried it from a Windoze 7x64 machine running under VMWare Fusion with Chrome, Firefox, and IE10. Still no luck with reporting the update. I booted up an old HP laptop running Windoze 7x64 IE10 and the xml file was uploaded to Ford without a hitch.

Edited by darrelld