2014 Ford C-max Hybrid!!!

Seth7721

Its been much cooler here and even with all the "toys" on Maxine, it's jus barely 56-58 MPG per day now, WAY DOWN than my 63MPG I was scoring in the summer. Amazing what lower temps can do to destroy MPG and hate to think what Maxine will be doing without her toys ;)

Just curious what the winter is like where you are. Here, since I filled up last it's been low 30s to high 40s. I'm at 48 mpg for the tank.(I have a feeling that's going to go down tomorrow, my wife's going to the dentist. I'll be happy if she doesn't loose more than 1 mpg) I'm really curious as to how it's going to do in warmer temps. We did have one day around 65-70. Got 59.8 on my commute home. Best mileage I got for any decent length so far, 27 miles.

We had snow and frigid temps last week and that hurt my mileage. Between the snow on the road causing friction, and paying more attention to what was going on around me. Driving for MPGs was not such a concern.

BTW...to anyone reading. What Is the consensus on the mpg gauge? I know many have found it to over calculate, as have I but, I know I have seen where some people have used gps tracking and came out with slightly better mileage than the trip computer records.

+1 

Two bar acceleration is usually adequate and will charge the battery at the same time.  Keeping EV to one bar maximizes battery usage.  But as they say your mileage may vary!

I rarely can do a 1 bar acceleration since the folks on the road here give me the finger or the look of death doing 2 bar acceleration

I rarely can do a 1 bar acceleration since the folks on the road here give me the finger or the look of death doing 2 bar acceleration

The one bar in EV wasn't for acceleration, it was for cruising, I guess I should have made that more clear.  For acceleration (from a stop) I usually EV up to ~20mph (depending on terrain), then ICE to speed limit, then EV.

Just curious what the winter is like where you are. Here, since I filled up last it's been low 30s to high 40s. I'm at 48 mpg for the tank.(I have a feeling that's going to go down tomorrow, my wife's going to the dentist. I'll be happy if she doesn't loose more than 1 mpg) I'm really curious as to how it's going to do in warmer temps. We did have one day around 65-70. Got 59.8 on my commute home. Best mileage I got for any decent length so far, 27 miles.

We had snow and frigid temps last week and that hurt my mileage. Between the snow on the road causing friction, and paying more attention to what was going on around me. Driving for MPGs was not such a concern.

BTW...to anyone reading. What Is the consensus on the mpg gauge? I know many have found it to over calculate, as have I but, I know I have seen where some people have used gps tracking and came out with slightly better mileage than the trip computer records.

Its been really dry here in SoCal, we jus had some rain today but the temps have been pretty mild - and in some instance, feels like summer with mid 80s to low 90s. We hardly get any rain here anyway.

Its been really dry here in SoCal, we jus had some rain today but the temps have been pretty mild - and in some instance, feels like summer with mid 80s to low 90s. We hardly get any rain here anyway.

Sounds like perfect Cmax weather. I'm thinking when it warms up I'm gonna see 55-65 mpg averages. Hoping anyway. :D

Wow, that is a record breaker. I had a really hard time waiting for eight weeks. I don't know how you did it! :hat_tip:

That's nothing. I had a customer order a Mustang GT on July 6 and it didn't come in until November 3rd. We even went as far as reordering the car cause Ford couldn't seem to tell us what happened to it and then 2 days after the reorder it shows up.

• 2 weeks later...

It could still stand to be more dependable, but I suspect that some of that is factors beyond Ford's control, like the great variety of devices it has to hook up to. It is amazing though that it has scheduled its maintenance to happen immediately AFTER it crashes rather than to prevent a crash.

It bothers me that Sync with MFT doesn't support Applink - something I only looked into and learned recently - so if that counts as a Sync complaint, then there it is.

But other than that, Sync has never bothered me. I love it. In fact, Sync is one of the reasons I bought this car over a Camry Hybrid. Well, Sync and considerably more storage, so not really a fair fight, but still. It's the nicest music/nav system I've ever used.

It bothers me that Sync with MFT doesn't support Applink - something I only looked into and learned recently - so if that counts as a Sync complaint, then there it is.

But other than that, Sync has never bothered me. I love it. In fact, Sync is one of the reasons I bought this car over a Camry Hybrid. Well, Sync and considerably more storage, so not really a fair fight, but still. It's the nicest music/nav system I've ever used.

Ford was supposed to be rolling out an update that would enable Applink support.  I remember reading/hearing about it a while back but haven't heard anything else since.

It bothers me that Sync with MFT doesn't support Applink...so if that counts as a Sync complaint, then there it is.

But other than that, Sync has never bothered me. I love it. ...It's the nicest music/nav system I've ever used.

+1 on both counts.

I did have some rebooting issues (but only after shutting down, never while driving) before the last update, but everything has been 100 percent since then.  Recently, I had to re-pair after an Android update that was making it so that MFT didn't work with text messages, but that seems to have been resolved since re-pairing.

So from looking at the replies to my previous post above, it looks like I was right!  Everyone is generally happy with Sync but, just like to bitch about it because...?   Hey, I understand, it was a rough start and Ford PO a lot of us but, they made good on their promise to fix it so "can't  we all just get along?"  Sync is a great addition to the auto infotainment industry and I would not buy a car without it.  So let's give Ford some credit here and stop already with the criticism.  

First 14 Cmax dropped today. Won't be able to take it out for a drive till next week, don't know if I will be able to tell any difference. Anyway all of the wheel moldings are there, and the back hatch molding, like the Escape. Don't see an a-pillar molding and I see no change in the hood seal however they have made the oil cap smaller.

I have to check with my techs and what not but I see no reason these could not be added to the 13 model. Granted you may have to either drill some holes or replace a larger panel.

First 14 Cmax dropped today. Won't be able to take it out for a drive till next week, don't know if I will be able to tell any difference. Anyway all of the wheel moldings are there, and the back hatch molding, like the Escape. Don't see an a-pillar molding and I see no change in the hood seal however they have made the oil cap smaller.

I have to check with my techs and what not but I see no reason these could not be added to the 13 model. Granted you may have to either drill some holes or replace a larger panel.

Pictures, please???