Dealer-Installed SYNC Update??

I just got my C-Max last Tuesday (8/13).  On Thursday I downloaded and successfully installed the V3.6.2 update.  Yesterday I was on the myford.com website and it said my C-Max had a "Dealer-Installed SYNC Update" available.  It would not let me download, only said that I needed to make an appointment with the dealer.   post-1386-0-65355400-1377046701_thumb.png

When I checked what was involved in this "Dealer-Installed Update" it looks exactly what I successfully installed myself last Thursday.

It says the Dealer-Installled update is Gen2-V3.6.2  DA5T-14D544-BD  post-1386-0-41326500-1377046702_thumb.png

Ad the update I installed on Thursday was Gen2-V3.6.2  DA5T-14D544-BD   post-1386-0-33560200-1377046703_thumb.png

I'm leaning towards ignoring this.  Am I missing something here?  Is there something more, or something else that needs to be installed that the update I did on my own last week is missing?

My car got this same notice, not sure what to do yet.

It is possible that when we notified ford of the completed 3.6.2 sync update it was able to see the log file of the install on the flash

drive and there were errors and it does need to be reloaded.  The question to ask I guess is did anyone update their 3.6.2 sync

and not have the notice online for the requested service for the dealer installed 3.6.2 update?

I called Sync Services.  I confirmed that my 3.6.2 update was done and there is no dealer install for me.  The Rep was certain this was an error and that I need no update.  She did say she was out for a couple of days so she may be unaware of a new issue.

Edited by PJFW8

I stopped by my local Ford Dealer this afternoon - took all of the screen shots above with me, and laid out what was done, what was posted on the myford site.  The counter guy had their SYNC tech join us, both said they had not heard of any dealer specific install requirements.  They then called someone at Ford HQ in Dearborn, who also said they had not heard of any reason for a dealer specific installation.  The person on the phone said they saw that I had confirmed the update, and the info they had received was that the update was successfully installed.  All three agreed that they did not see a reason to reinstall Gen 2 V3.6.2.  I told them I had better things to do with my time than wait around for them to reinstall.  I left without them doing anything to my C-Max. 

The only explanation we got was from the person on the phone that said something must be getting messed up on the Ford website.  She said she would let someone know and they would look in to it.  

I just confirmed that Sync My Ride is telling me the same thing.  Sync needs a "dealer installed update" but it also confirms that I have confirmed installation of Gen2 - V3.6.2 on Aug 9, 2013. Weird, I have an appointment scheduled for Wednesday next week and I will ask the dealer about it then.

I just bought my C-Max on 8/10. At the time it had several release updates that all were the same - DM5T-14D544AD Gen2 - V3.1.3

Last week I took it to the dealership to get all of the latest updates and the one they installed said the same as above.

Is there somewhere in the Sync system to check your version? I certainly can't find it.

There the sync checker when you as it says "don't have the flash drive used to install" to test.   I did wish this update had come out when I went earlier this week when I went  to get my recall done but they seemed to miss it in the 6 hrs they were with my car (about 4 for the roof update and another 3or so for satifaction update and molding work from a bad window regulator replacement).

Edited by techman05

• 3 months later...

Just in case anyone looks at this thread. If an update does not take and this is posable it is posable that the dealer may have in their computers that your car is good but when you get the notice on sync my ride you may be out of date. There are some updates that will not take unless they are done in order. You can call or email the synce guys and ask them what version number should. Show when you go to settings then help. It's a different number than the version they give us on line. They will walk you through it if you ask.

Theses updates are very important. Some may be more important for those that have nav and others may even change the PCM functionality. You must not ignore notices if you get a notice something is preventing you from enjoying your car as much as you could be.

Good luck

Just in case anyone looks at this thread. If an update does not take and this is posable it is posable that the dealer may have in their computers that your car is good but when you get the notice on sync my ride you may be out of date. There are some updates that will not take unless they are done in order. You can call or email the synce guys and ask them what version number should. Show when you go to settings then help. It's a different number than the version they give us on line. They will walk you through it if you ask.

Theses updates are very important. Some may be more important for those that have nav and others may even change the PCM functionality. You must not ignore notices if you get a notice something is preventing you from enjoying your car as much as you could be.

Good luck

Thanks for posting that, Tellio22@gmail.com. Some vehicles do require other modules to be updated as well as MyFord Touch; these will be the updates requiring a dealership visit. Most MFT updates will be available via your SYNC account though. :)

Rebecca