FM radio

Just started playing with the fm radio, sirus getting ready to expire, so wanted to check it out and see if anyone else has this issue. It takes 5-7 seconds for the radio to change stations, and there is no display other than the station numbers. No RDS text display for the station or music. RDS is on, and have done a master reset. This is in the SEL without nav. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Did you ever get a fix/answer on this?  We just got a C-MAX SEL yesterday and her regular radio is way messed up.  Channels don't show correctly, can't change the channels with the steering wheel buttons.  Right screen on dash says radio off.  Tried a master reset and made sure MyFord Sync is up to date.

Tried a master reset but no go.  We just dropped a 1 day old car off at the dealership for them to look at it.  Pisses me off.

Howie when we got our SEL we didn't get any instructions with the car, and learned by guess and gosh.  I am wondering if you two need more instruction i.e. if it says radio off, I don't believe you would be able to use the right controls to change any channels as the radio would have to be turned on. first.  You can turn the radio on with voice commands which you probably don't know or with the little button above "source".  The channels all need to be set so they can be all messed up looking until you do that.  I may be wrong but I think the system is okay.  We're here to help with specific questions.  I keep learning on the forum.  I just used instruction from wab to turn off an "oil change needed" as we just had an oil change and the tech didn't reset it. 

howie411, Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

Did you ever get a fix/answer on this?  We just got a C-MAX SEL yesterday and her regular radio is way messed up.  Channels don't show correctly, can't change the channels with the steering wheel buttons.  Right screen on dash says radio off.  Tried a master reset and made sure MyFord Sync is up to date.

Tried a master reset but no go.  We just dropped a 1 day old car off at the dealership for them to look at it.  Pisses me off.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We didn’t even make it off the lot a few years ago in a new less than a dozen miles SOB.

It’s a shame that most make ready employees are a perfect example of the “Peter Principle”

Your dealer probably has a check off list and you would think the radio/sync would be close to the top.

wab

We picked up the C-Max today and they fixed the issue.  The work document says the following:

Check operation of radio controlsd preset buttons change stations but display shows incorrect stations self test APIM and ACM pass check symptom chart symptom not listed contact hotline was told to swap acm with known good component part not available was told to perform apim hardware test passed disconnect battery perform reset system working ok force program apim retest ok

(yep that is exactly how they wrote it).  So it seems like they didn't know what was wrong anyways and just reprogrammed the system and reset it.....

• 8 months later...

Got my 2014 Ford Cmax at end of July and Sirius / AM / FM radio has been working fine until yesterday.  Now, I can't get to any FM station - either using voice command or touch screen.  When I use voice to get to FM 88.5 it just takes me to AM 600.  Touch screen button for FM won't work.  AM and Sirius works fine.  I've made a service appointment but wondered if anyone else experienced this?