Refund checks?

mtb9153

FTFY   ;)

Fuelly is currently at 40.6 and my best guess is it will level off around the 41-ish range after all the summer/warm weather tanks stop contributing in the upcoming weeks.   Since the new EPA combined is 43mpg, that will be in line with other hybrids on fuelly that typically register 1-2mpg below their respective EPA combined numbers.

I personally think the refund amount is too low based on 100,000 miles (warranty) and $4 gallon fuel and should be in the $750-1,000 range (upper limit for CARB states with 150,000 mile warranty).  

Plus the the big hit we just took on trade in value.

Ship (P/U) date: Tuesday, 9/17/13 RAVHQ FORD MOTOR COMPANY Farmington Hills, MI US   notif-fedex-progress-bar-details-picked- Picked up Estimated delivery date: Wednesday, 9/18/13 JAMES FOUTS   APEX, NC US               Shipment Facts       Our records indicate that the following package is scheduled to be delivered to you:       Tracking number:   XXXXXXXXXXXXX      Status: Picked up Reference: 13B10 Service type: FedEx Standard Overnight Packaging type: FedEx Envelope Number of pieces: 1 Weight: 0.50 lb. Special handling/Services: Deliver Weekday   Residential Delivery

Looks like I will be getting mine tormorrow.  It doesn't mention that signature is required for mine.  I guess we will see since FedEx delivers when I am not home.

Where did you get the tracking information?

I have an account with FedEx.  Anytime a package is detected in the system with my address, it sends me an email.  I think you can setup an account for free and get these notifications.  I also have the same thing with UPS.  It really helps to know when things are coming and when they are delivered without having to have the tracking numbers.

what happened to the $800 reported for new owners?  I thought the $500 was for leased owners?  Did I miss something?  I read on the net that the amount was going to be $800 for new owners.

I believe it's always been $550 for those who purchased their cars, $325 for those who leased. Our Canadian brothers and sisters get more because of higher gas prices.

This is awesome, I have been away and not checking this forums, but stopped by to check something else and saw this.  I've never been convinced about the mpg numbers from Ford with regard to the C-max, but they are still pretty decent for the utility and features of the c-max so I was not disappointed too much.  $550 back in my pocket is certainly a nice gesture by Ford though, just need to keep an eye out for the Fedex guy/gal.

Apparently when you bought your CMax has nothing to do with it.  I bought mine on September 20th, which is one year ago TODAY! no check yet. SHOW ME THE MONEY!  I was one of if not the first in the south bay to buy a CMax.  Mine was driven off the car carrier within hours the same day I bought it.  Fresh from Michigan.

I called the Ford customer service yesterday for another matter and as such, I did slip in a question about when my check was coming, they are doing it "in batches". So lets all be patient. 

Thats makes it $750 TOTAL when the check comes, that I have got back from Ford. $200 for the Irvine Pow-Wow and now this...and plus WELL OVER 47+MPG City driving....gotta  :flirt:  that  ;)

:dance:

:skateboard:

:headspin:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I am 100% sure that the first person on this forum to receive a check will post it here. In the meantime, it's *found money* people......gravy.......something we didn't have 2 months ago....take a deep breath......it'll be here when it gets here, and it'll be welcome, useful, appreciated, spent, saved, gone when it gets here. :flirt:

I am 100% sure that the first person on this forum to receive a check will post it here. In the meantime, it's *found money* people......gravy.......something we didn't have 2 months ago....take a deep breath......it'll be here when it gets here, and it'll be welcome, useful, appreciated, spent, saved, gone when it gets here. :flirt:

Two people posted that they received it, but they didn't elaborate.

You are right, Jmonty. Thanks for posting that.....made me go look. :clapping: Actually 4.....Oxnard, Shane, FoutsNC (said he had received FedEx notification, don' t know if he's received the actual check yet, and Roninsd ($325 for leasing) So they are going out. :mail:

Two people posted that they received it, but they didn't elaborate.

You are right, Jmonty. Thanks for posting that.....made me go look. :clapping: Actually 4.....Oxnard, Shane, FoutsNC (said he had received FedEx notification, don' t know if he's received the actual check yet, and Roninsd ($325 for leasing) So they are going out. :mail:

Sorry about the late update.  I did receive my check and letter yesterday.  Since I leased my vehicle, it was also $325.  That's $325 more than I would have ever expected.  I am quite happy at this point :yahoo:

For me I'm not complaining about the mileage when I regularly get 50mpg :) on the HWYs around Atlanta going 70-55mph with my Cover Mods.  They will probably deliver the check to my house and nobody home during the day. We will see how that ends up.  I'm wondering if this isn't a PR thing, I don't think they needed to do it, there is plenty of us getting close to the advertised mileage. 

Paul

Got our check for $550 today - came fed ex - they left it at the front door. 

I did get 99.9 mpg once - but I only moved the car 1 foot :)  Most the time I average about 37 mpg.

I work 2.4mi from home and it is a little down hill from work with well charged batt. got 128mi. LOL  I pay the price going to work 32-38mpg. Is most of your driving HWY?

Our check came today in a FedEx mailer, was left on my doorstep which is good because if they stuck it through the mail slot in the front door, my dog would have shredded it.  Now what to buy with this new treasure.  Logic tells me it should be applied to my car payment...NOT!

Edited by mtb9153