Ford C-MAX Owners - Live Twitter Q & A with Ford: 24 September 13

C-MAX Hybrid Guide

Ford C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Tuesday, Sept. 24

You're invited for a live twitter chat with Ford C-MAX Chief Engineer John Davis.

Meet the brains behind the C-MAX on Tuesday, Sept. 24, with a live Twitter Q&A featuring C-MAX Hybrid Chief Engineer John Davis, Chief Electrified Powertrain Engineer Mazen Hammoud, and C-MAX Marketing Manager Patricia Piedrahita.

The chat begins at 2pm ET on Ford’s Twitter account: http://twitter.com/Ford

Get your questions ready and learn about the C-MAX straight from the folks who built it.

Join us at http://twitter.com/Ford and ask your questions using the hashtag #EVtalk
Edited by robertlane

Neither do I. I and many other here too are more interested in some of these questions and if someone here TWEETS, can you please ask Ford this:

Will the 2014 CMax body enhancements be made available for the 2013 CMaxs?

Will Ford make more further improvements in the negative split mode to utlize the battery for > 65mph freeway travelling. Aka ICE High MPG.

The OP just pasted the memo for marketing.  The first blurb was to occur today and the second on Tuesday (the day of the event).  As Dave stated, this will be happening on Tuesday.  I am sure there are people here who can grab the convo for later review.  I will try, but I will be on the road.  Hopefully I will have a little off road time to follow it.

You don't have to have a twitter account to participate-- just google twitter.com/ford, and then search within twitter "#EVtalk" All posts and threads will come up.

I would offer to post the transcript but don't think I will be available then. I will try to capture this after the fact and post back here.

In the past these live twitter chats are so lawered up about all you get are a bunch of softball questions (can't blame Ford, no telling who is lurking) - the entire 'conversation' usually ends up on Ford Social so you won't miss a thing, great PR move on Ford's part, link to follow but it may take a few days - usually some good Q&A so stay tuned !   

I don't tweet either , thank God.

I would like to know:

- if the 2014 Body style changes pix can be posted so we know what it will look like and if its a negative or positive physical appearance change.

- what tests have been run on the new body mods to confirm the differences are statistically significant compared to the 2013 model?

- is the 2014 order date set or still up in the air?

please post these if you can

I don't tweet either , thank God.

I would like to know:

- if the 2014 Body style changes pix can be posted so we know what it will look like and if its a negative or positive physical appearance change.

- what tests have been run on the new body mods to confirm the differences are statistically significant compared to the 2013 model?

- is the 2014 order date set or still up in the air?

please post these if you can

I know my Dealer ordered a 2014 CMAX about a month ago but don't know the delivery date. I will ask them. Have just signed up to twitter acct. and will see how it goes.  Paul

Neither do I. I and many other here too are more interested in some of these questions and if someone here TWEETS, can you please ask Ford this:

Will the 2014 CMax body enhancements be made available for the 2013 CMaxs?

Will Ford make more further improvements in the negative split mode to utlize the battery for > 65mph freeway travelling. Aka ICE High MPG.

Someone should first tweet whether they keep up with all the pseudo-technical lingo that's used on this board  ;)

Edited by Testdriver

I posted this (my first tweet ever):

@Ford Some people think they get better HW mileage when C-Max does not go into EV mode at 65+.What has your testing revealed? #EVTalk

I setup a dummy twitter account a while ago with a stupid name (J Real). Feel free to make fun of me  :headspin:

Twitter is the worst forum for a technical discussion. Describing things in 100 and whatever characters can be a challenge.

I'll post a couple questions on the 2014 model.

Edited by Testdriver

Attached is a transcript of the tweetchat today on #EVTalk with Ford engineers. My humble opinion is that they pimped and retweeted all the posts that promoted the car positively (FE, Energi rebates, MSP) and dodged all the hardballs. I tried to ask several questions folks here requested and have not yet gotten a reply. If I get any direct answers after the livetweet, I will be sure to post them here. Meantime, here's what went down this afternoon with Planet Ford.EVTalk TweetChat Transcript.pdf

Attached is a transcript of the tweetchat today on #EVTalk with Ford engineers. My humble opinion is that they pimped and retweeted all the posts that promoted the car positively (FE, Energi rebates, MSP) and dodged all the hardballs. I tried to ask several questions folks here requested and have not yet gotten a reply. If I get any direct answers after the livetweet, I will be sure to post them here. Meantime, here's what went down this afternoon with Planet Ford.attachicon.gifEVTalk TweetChat Transcript.pdf

They're targeting users with lots of followers. They're using it as a marketing event. They're not going to bother with our technical questions, unless you have 10,000 followers.

I get it, but it seems kinda silly since it's not like there's a ton of questions. I don't think the event is quite over yet, btw...not that you're going to miss anything interesting.

Edited by Testdriver