Coaching & Tech Sessions

C-MaxSea

This showed up in my in-box this morning, :secret:

Coaching & Tech Sessions

News flash from mother ship Ford:   In their on-going quest to bring customer satisfaction & fuel economy performance to new heights;

Ford to offer free Hybrid Driving Coach Sessions (HDCS’s) to all new 2014 Ford hybrid buyers.

All 2014 hybrid buyers will be given an optional free 3 hour, ‘one on one’, Coach Session (HDCS) with a certified Ford Hybrid Driving Coach upon their purchase.  In addition, on-going Coach Sessions can be purchased in 4 hour increments for follow-up training, in groups of three drivers.   

Also announced today, Ford will be offering 4 hour Hybrid Tech Sessions across the country for the purpose of giving Ford Hybrid owners in-depth overviews of Ford's hybrid technologies.  These sessions, provided by Ford Hybrid Engineers, will cover the basic hybrid systems, and provide an opportunity for limited Q & A.  Initial sessions are planned for twice yearly opportunities being in the Spring & Fall at selected locations around the U. S. & Canada.

Just nicking you, of course, :future:

Nick

PS Hmmm, probably won’t happen, but fun to ponder.

Edited by C-MaxSea

lol, drd.  Sadly you are probably right, that could be a problem at some dealerships.  As an exception, our salesman was great and knew the car very well - he could easily be 'trained' to coach and train other coaches.  Coaches would have to be the best of the best at each dealership(or new hires) - sadly still eek in some places. (A new job for some of you?)  Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

lol, drd.  Sadly you are probably right, that could be a problem at some dealerships.  As an exception, our salesman was great and knew the car very well - he could easily be 'trained' to coach (and train other coaches - would have to be the best of the best at each dealership - sadly still eek in some places. (A new job for some of you?)  Nick

My salesman didn't even know enough to close the fuel door after filling it up. He was pushing on the steering wheel buttons like they were a manual lever. I was just glad to get him out of my car.  Some people just aren't meant to deal with certain vehicle operations.

Sales people have such a high turnover rate, they never know much about anything. 

Most sit around on their smart phones all day.

When a customer enters the lot, they're like a pack of sharks headed for the kill.  I laugh every time I go to the dealer for parts. It's always a new group of salesman, but they all do the same thing. Hangout and wait for the next person to pull into the lot.  If the dealer management had a brain, they should keep them from grouping up and waiting by the front door. It's pretty sad to be accosted when you drive up.

Edited by drdiesel1

My salesman didn't even know enough to close the fuel door after filling it up. He was pushing on the steering wheel buttons like they were a manual lever. I was just glad to get him out of my car.  Some people just aren't meant to deal with certain vehicle operations.

Sounds like your salesman should not have been allowed anywhere near any car on the lot, let alone a C-Max. Not only was our salesman great, but our service manager is great, and even does some drive coaching.  Take care, Nick

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Great idea. It's the Apple model that they offer you coaching/training when you buy a new iMac computer and its tor 1st time with a Mac. Make sense. Sadly yes some dealers are lost when it comes to techie stuff.

Some would make it worse and scare the customers away from the car instead of make them exited about the car and what it's capable of.

all votes are in...jus-a-cmax and ptjones for Ford Cmax master" train the trainer " gurus for sure