Finally did the recalls

billygoat11

I thought I would hold off on getting recalls done since many people reported no help on mpg and I was getting 53 mpg already. Anyway I went ahead and did it. Got headliner, fuel update oil changed etc all at once. Still impressed by service at Co springs dealership. I was afraid car would not run as smooth but it runs as good as ever. The only real difference I see as you can go faster in electric mode. I doubt that will make much difference in fuel economy in our driving situation since tend to mainly drive in town. Hopefully advantage will be quicker warmup. Anyway, I guess I had no reason to be afraid of updates. Maybe those that had trouble just had some bad luck or not ready dealers.

Yep! The updates change EV speed capability and add a quicker warm up for less fuel use before EV will start.

I forget all the update changes, but they will help MPG numbers. 

You might not see great MPG's right after the updates due to a system reset, but it will get better.

Edited by drdiesel1

I was also  bit worried about the headliner. I cannot tell from appearance they did anything. However, the amount of padding up there seems increased. They area seems more substantial than in most cars. Even before this was done this area seemed more solid than all of the other cars I looked at. Didn't plan on buying this car but it seemed more solid than everything I looked at. Only thing close was vw golf tdi.