Something Interesting (IMVHO)

Today I had to drive again to a place where the Navigation got confused last time.

For some reason I kinda memorized how it all happened a week ago. And - tonight - the Navigation worked EXACTLY the same way - I mean - guided me in the same wrong way!!! Same hesitations, same off-route hiccup.

All other occurrences were on random occasions and were kinda isolated.

Still waiting for the legal resolution. The paperwork was prepared and submitted.

Not sure what you mean by "legal resolution," or if you are in a buy-back situation, but the few times NAV did that for me, it was the same way.  It is probably a mistake in something to do with the map, not a problem with something in the C-MAX.  I guess that the solution is to wait for the next map update. 

In my case, it was in only about two places on a trip of over 2,000 miles.  Not a big deal, but perfection would be better.

Sad, but I have a newer Garmin that has similar issues, use it when I travel on biz. 

Told me I had arrived in north suburbs of Chicago, but I was in the middle of the I-94 tollway, tried backtracking, but it just could not find the place.  Had to call and get directions, and it was off by a mile?

Complex things we now depend on.....

I don't have nav in my car, but I do have a Garmin Nuvi GPS that has worked well for the most part. However, over the last year or so I have never used it because the GPS on my phone works just as well. I use the map app on my iPhone 4 or Waze and they usually get me where I need to go, or close enough. I actually like the Waze app a lot, and it is free.

Isn't that the way computers are suppose to work?  Input the same data and get the same results.

Sure it is. 

However - this is the only "glitch" that is occuring in a recurrent way.

All other occurrences are random and quite often. Instead of using the built-in navi I have to use a cellphone.

It has been so many times that I went to the dealership that I eventually gave up. I cannot make them happy and feel comfortable with deceiving their customers who have to pay for the stuff and then to waste their time on driving to dealership 2-3 times per month.

Not sure what you mean by "legal resolution," or if you are in a buy-back situation, but the few times NAV did that for me, it was the same way.  It is probably a mistake in something to do with the map, not a problem with something in the C-MAX.  I guess that the solution is to wait for the next map update. 

In my case, it was in only about two places on a trip of over 2,000 miles.  Not a big deal, but perfection would be better.

I would like to wait. I cannot afford it. They should have learned it by now. The problem occurs way too often. 

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have figured out the reason why the GPS jumps around, and you can see this also very easily. Your "car" on the map lags behind where you really are by about at least a half a mile or more. So when you turn/bank around a corner it still thinks it wants to go straight but since you turned it gets all messed up. This is very apparent at highway speeds, it just cant keep up.

George

... it just cant keep up.

George

Sorry, I have to disagree.  If your GPS is lagging then there is something wrong with it.  Visit your dealer.  Slug's navigation system works perfectly now that the GPSM has been replaced. (Even at highway speeds.)  Don't settle for lagging.

Yeah, the "lagging" is called rubber banding, it was not acceptable and especially in the complex freeway intersection - GOOD LUCK at finding where you're at. Suggest you take a picture of it, show your Ford SA and have Ford replace the GPS module. Software updates do diddly squat. I swear theres a bunch of bad GPS out there.

Ha...funny AE and I posted at a similar time - back then he jus had his done and I did mine after. Both of us are very happy with the fix  :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax