Ford sutting down production on Cmax Hybrid, Energi and Focus for 2 weeks

HannahWCU

Yup on my local dealers lot they have 14 CMax sitting in a single file line.  all but 4 are SELs fully loaded.  All range of colors and most are Energi's.  Yes I can believe the factory would shut down production for awhile.

Happens :lol: every time.

Price of gas goes down, people start buying SUV's

Check bock on this next June when we're back at $4+.

Observing the daily traffic here day-in-day-out at peak hours, I see a LOT MORE SUVs on the roads in this Prii city. Gas is under $4 a gallon here. When it was > $4, all the Priis are out.

Just got a quote for a Blue Candy Cmax Energi 302a package for $30,434 (includes incentives) - Total invoice on this package is $34,044 and the True Market Value for my area is $30,995 including incentives, so I think I'm getting a nice deal. 

Hopefully I'll be driving it this weekend.

Does that include the income tax rebate ?

Does that include sales tax ?

Edited by obob

Here's the best part of the article:

"According to the Detroit News, the high inventory levels aren’t cause for undue alarm. Winter months are, on average, not very popular selling months for small cars and hybrids like the C-Max and Focus compact. “Spring is the biggest time for small cars,” said Michelle Krebs, and analysticon1.png at Edmunds."

No - I still get the $4007 federal and $1500 State (for California there is also a special rebate for a free level 2 charger that most don't know about: http://evsolutions.avinc.com/products/cec/).

Tax and License will add $2710 to that number by my calculation...

Does that include the income tax rebate ?

Does that include sales tax ?

I think it's a smarter way to do business. Toyota floods the market and is forced to sell them off at lower prices.

Keeping inventory in check will insure you don't over run yourself and loose money with a deflated product. The Energi can be had a great price with all the rebates and incentives.  With the SEL trim level, it's a smokin deal @ 27,400 out the door with Nav and the Sony audio system.

Edited by drdiesel1

I agree, Doc, it's only smart to make more of what's selling and cut back on what's not. Quoting the Bloomberg article that was linked:

Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally’s mantra to align production with demand has led Ford to post record profit margins in North America of more than 10 percent in an industry where 5 percent is considered respectable. Ford is boosting output of other models such as F-Series pickups and Fusion mid-size cars as the industry remains on track for its best year since 2007.... Focus deliveries in the U.S. rose 1.1 percent to 188,654 this year through September, according to a Ford statement released Oct. 1. Sales of the C-Max, which Ford introduced as a new model in late 2012, climbed to 28,254 from 969 in the year-earlier period.

And with gas at a local minima, would anyone be surprised at a downturn in econo-car sales?

HAve fun,

Frank

Edited by fbov

I think it's a smarter way to do business. Toyota floods the market and is forced to sell them off at lower prices.

Keeping inventory in check will insure you don't over run yourself and loose money with a deflated product. The Energi can be had a great price with all the rebates and incentives.  With the SEL trim level, it's a smokin deal @ 27,400 out the door with Nav and the Sony audio system.

$27,400 boy! that is better than anything I've seen locally.  I saw $32k with discounts

No - I still get the $4007 federal and $1500 State (for California there is also a special rebate for a free level 2 charger that most don't know about: http://evsolutions.avinc.com/products/cec/).

WOW a free level 2 charger included?  Then all you need is someone who will wire it to my house for free and I'm set, sign me up

$27,400 boy! that is better than anything I've seen locally.  I saw $32k with discounts

I have the Ford AtoZ plan. After adding all the rebates, incentives and CA green cash totals.

That's what I was able to get mine for :love_shower: My MSRP sticker was 35K

Edited by drdiesel1

Observing the daily traffic here day-in-day-out at peak hours, I see a LOT MORE SUVs on the roads in this Prii city. Gas is under $4 a gallon here. When it was > $4, all the Priis are out.

Under 4$'s ouch we were below 3 a couple of weeks ago, back to 3.15   bought today @ 3.02.

Location withheld to protect our area from the oil speculators.

with an offer like that it is getting REAL hard to not consider trading Maxus for an Energi.  If I didn't still owe so much I'd just buy an Energi and get rid of the wifes Saturn Ion.

I have the Ford AtoZ plan. After adding all the rebates, incentives and CA green cash totals.

That's what I was able to get mine for :love_shower: My MSRP sticker was 35K

Never heard of the AtoZ plan.  I got out the door on my fully loaded Hybrid SEL at $36k and some change.  Sweet deal in Monterey DrDiesel1, wonder if I could find  similar deal in the south bay?

Never heard of the AtoZ plan.  I got out the door on my fully loaded Hybrid SEL at $36k and some change.  Sweet deal in Monterey DrDiesel1, wonder if I could find  similar deal in the south bay?

The AtoZ plan is Ford employee discounts on Ford products.  I doubt you could get close without it.

IMO you would be better off putting on Grill Covers,Gas Pods and Wheel Covers for around $300 and gain 5+MPG than trade in your 2013 CMAX for a 2014. I would be surprised if they up the MPG's much more than 1-2MPG's given past history. Next week we will be going to Phoenix and my wife said she's up for going for new record. Doing the math I should be able to get 68MPG or 950mi on a tank, we will see. :)

I thought they were going to start building 2014 in November according to my Ford Dealer. I helped them order a new one. 

Edited by ptjones

with an offer like that it is getting REAL hard to not consider trading Maxus for an Energi.  If I didn't still owe so much I'd just buy an Energi and get rid of the wifes Saturn Ion.

Here's the catch on the charger - 1st - you have to know about it, and have the form with you at the time of purchase. 2nd - the dealer has to call and apply for you to get it (it includes installation by the way). 3rd - and here's the big one - they are very limited, and one has to be available on the day of your purchase. They begin a new allotment the first tuesday of every month and go quick - so you pretty much have to buy on that day. If their charger count is zero, thats it, you lost and can't re-apply.

Personally I'm debating, do I purchase this weekend, or wait a couple of weeks and gamble on the charger being available...