C-Max front bumper hit = AC problem??

Zenkibear

So here's the deal. My neighbor, owner of a cmax is claiming that due to my car being back up onto his front bumper, that the dealer is going to charge him $800 in repairs to the air conditioning.

I haven't spoken directly to the dealer, and my neighbor says "the thing in the front bumper for the AC was punctured" .

I'm familiar with car AC systems, and I understand that the condenser is up there, as well as possibly charcoal canisters etc.

My question to all you c max tech enthusiasts, is how hard do you think someone would have to hit the front to cause this sort of damage.

Thanks for your input everyone.

I'll keep you updated when more events unravel.

The bottom line is, there was zero physical damage to my bumper, nor his immediately after the incident. He comes to me with these problems a week later.

Backing into his vehicle wasn't a matter of not seeing it.. it was to get as close to it as I could because our parking situation is cramped. There's no chance I was going over 1 or 2 mph, certainly not enough to break bumper supports

s it just me or allot of vehicles being involved in accidents since Jus?  Makes me not want to take Maxus out of the garage.

I have seen an accident practically everyday on the roads I have driven - day and night. There are A LOT of cars out there because of the cheaper gas and not too many are paying attention and BRAKING LATE. Its bad out there, and this is LA....

As I was rear ended and pushed to the front car, I better check my AC as well - but they pulled it the front bumper apart and apparently I have no damage up front. Go figure....

Edited by Jus-A-CMax