So, everything was fine for nearly 48,000 miles and then..............

Recumpence

Hello All,

I was driving yesterday when we were hit with high side winds and blowing snow. 4 cars total were affected and this is what I ended up with........

Bummer for sure.

On the up side, the shop that is fixing my car is 1/2 mile from my house. They are a streetrod shop and a general body shop (Custom Classics). They do PHENOMINAL work! And they give free loaners.

Oh, also, my front facia is cracked from hitting snow drifts as I went off the road (4 inch crack). So, it looks like they will be replacing it. I plan on asking to keep my old facia and possibly fiberglassing the entire thing with just a couple modest cooling openings to match the opengings I have in my current grille blocks.  :)

We shall see.

The adjuster is scheduled to look at it Monday. I assume I will not have to pay my deductable because I was rear-ended.

Matt

post-85-0-44301300-1390660847_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you are OK. It looks like the HVB should be OK.  What kind of fill up MPG's have you been getting lately?  48K, wow, having mine in the shop for 6 weeks allowed you to get ahead of me. LOL But I'm going to SF so I should be at 50K in two weeks. I hope it doesn't take long to fix and you might want to visit often to see how it is going . Good Luck :) 

Paul 

We are all fine. I am not sore at all.

My rear diffuser is fine. I removed it before it went to the body shop. The bumper of the car that hit me contacted me above my diffuser.

Now the question is;

If I keep the front Facia (assuming they buy me a new one due to the crack in front from the snow bank), should I fiberglass the old facia into a smooth rounded nose for aero gain?

What are your thoughts? I would fiberglass it to completely eliminate the grille areas leaving just palm size holes for cooling as I have had with my grile blocks.

Matt

Very tough luck, Matt.  Best to hear you are all OK. 

A new modified front facia /cowling   -   gonna be hard to resist, but ahehaheh ................... well you are certainly the best judge of that.

Hope the loaner doesn't give you grief.  Had a week with a Nissan Rogue in Hawaii last fall - oh, my aching back.

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

We are all fine. I am not sore at all.

My rear diffuser is fine. I removed it before it went to the body shop. The bumper of the car that hit me contacted me above my diffuser.

Now the question is;

If I keep the front Facia (assuming they buy me a new one due to the crack in front from the snow bank), should I fiberglass the old facia into a smooth rounded nose for aero gain?

What are your thoughts? I would fiberglass it to completely eliminate the grille areas leaving just palm size holes for cooling as I have had with my grile blocks.

Matt

I will know more after some tuff testing. I also have my front fascia but I'm not up for that much work and hassle trying to put it on.  IMO :)  What was your recent fill ups MPG ?

Paul

Sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you are OK. It looks like the HVB should be OK.  What kind of fill up MPG's have you been getting lately?  48K, wow, having mine in the shop for 6 weeks allowed you to get ahead of me. LOL But I'm going to SF so I should be at 50K in two weeks. I hope it doesn't take long to fix and you might want to visit often to see how it is going . Good Luck :)

Paul

Paul your going to SF?  Look me up, I'll drive up in Maxus.  Call me - take it to PM- :thumbsup: Edited by Jus-A-CMax
Dude, don't publicize your ph# on the internet

Crap Matt....you don't have to follow me and ding up your rear end as well, lol. Glad to hear you're ok, no whiplash et al. I know 11stiltd got his whole car destroyed in another accident. These CMaxs are tough and so far NO major injuries to date - 'cept me but I seem to alwasy get the lucky BAD straw. They can fix these CMax right. Mine had frame damage and Ford Auto Body did such an awesome job, it feels brand new, no squeeks, odd noises..everything was tight and normal like it never was in an accident. That looks like a $10K job there, you might want to have them test the frame for alignment while you're at it.

...but thank LORD you and your family are safe. 43MPG below zero, thats freaking nutz.... :thumbsup:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

The car drives perfectly straight. Heck, even the alighnment is good. So, odds are the frame is fine. It will be checked, though. I believe every car this shop touches goes on the rack for testing.

If the good Lord wants his car he has loaned to me to have a dent and need repair, that is His business. :)

Matt

Yup, I'm fine.

Turns out I do, indeed, get to keep my facia. It only has a 4 inch crack on one side. So, now I have one facia for experimentation and one perfect brand new stock facia.   :)

The car is taken apart and parts are ordered. It should not take to terribly long to get done. The frame is not bent. It has a bad tail gate, left side sub structure behind the rear wheel, and a bunch of broken plastic.

Oh, I also have a P0303 code. That is supposedly a bad #3 fuel injector. So, once out of the body shop, it will go to the dealer for (hopefully) a warrantee replacement of that injector.

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I am supposed to be picking up the "Max" tomorrow. Then it is off to the dealer for the injector replacement.

It has been gone so long it will feel like I am buying a new car again.   :)

Matt

That was EXACTLY what I felt when I got Maxine back after 2 months (3 months lapsed). She smelt and drove like new... :)

Well, I am supposed to be picking up the "Max" tomorrow. Then it is off to the dealer for the injector replacement.

It has been gone so long it will feel like I am buying a new car again.   :)

Matt

I felt the same way too. 1-1/2 months later and every seems fine other than the paint chips easier. OH well I'm busy with the touch up paint. :drop: 

Paul 

Well, turns out I will be picking up my car today. It was supposed to be yesterday, but the shop manager said it was back in the paint booth because he was not pleased with the finish. He said there was a minor imperfection in one small spot, but it was enough that he was not comfortable letting the car out of the shop. So, they repainted it yesterday and said it needed a day to cure before I pick it up. So, end of the day today it gets picked up and driven to the dealer for the injector replacement.

Sheesh, this is a time consuming process.......   But, it should come together nicely and reward me with more smiles once finished and back on the road.   :)

Matt