Picking up Tomorrow, will miss the Camaro

salprint

I should be getting new Cmax tomorrow. I will really miss the 2012 Camaro though. The gas is just getting to be too much. I just got it in June, but I guess I should have thought it through.

I'm getting an SE Cmax, with all the toys. Navigation, automatic rear door, etc. The only things is doesn't have is the moon roof and leather seats.

I'll take pictures as soon as I have it.

Congrats, its all about a way of thinking. I had a Lexus IS350 prior to going the fuel economy route. At 5.5 sec to 60 I could beat almost everyone to the next red light where that Prius I left behind would pull beside me at the next light. Rinse repeat.

Haven't missed my Lexus at all especially the brake pad bill, the tire bill, and the gas bill.

My wife traded in her Mercedes 280 SLK for the C-MAX. She says the C-MAX is the best (and most fun) car she has ever owned. She is constantly competing with herself to get the best mileage on each trip. Last night she was beaming when she came in the door bragging about 51.2 MPG coming home from work. She said taking it easy on the throttle while listening to her iPod on the Sony Sound system is a far better experience than riding with the top down in the Mercedes. It's all perspective. You probably won't miss the Camaro once you are driving your C-MAX

Thanks for all the support...it has helped me feel better about my decision. I've always been a muscle car guy, so this is tough for me to give up the Camaro.

I do a lot of commuting, so I figure the first year on saving about $3000.00 in gas. Hopefully picking it up tonight...still haven't heard from the dealer.

While I would never suggest a C Max could beat your Camaro in a drag. It does have lively performance on the highway merge ramps and coming through some S turns. The real fun for me now is knowing I have more than doubled my MPG. Plus when it snows yournew C Max should handle way better than the Camaro. The motor sits right over the wheel wheels which should mean great traction.

Edited by Chinto

While I would never suggest a C Max could beat your Camaro in a drag. It does have lively performance on the highway merge ramps and coming through some S turns. The real fun for me now is knowing I have more than doubled my MPG. Plus when it snows yournew C Max should handle way better than the Camaro. The motor sits right over the wheel wheels which should mean great traction.

Yes...definitely it will be better in the snow. I drove one at the dealer and it did seem to have enough power...of course it isn't a Camaro, but it felt good.

The deal was delayed a little, because as usual, when you get there to sign the papers, the payment is higher than what they quoted you. So I told him to stick it. They reworked the deal to get it to what I was quoted, and I pick it up tomorrow morning.

Am I to understand that if you have the hands free automatic door, you would also get the push button start where the key doesn't need to be in the ignition switch...just in your pocket close to the car?

Edited by salprint

Re: push button start. I think it is only with the SEL. You can get the hands free automatic door on the SE--with the upgrade package, but I don't believe that includes push button start. I ordered the SEL in part to get the push button start. What did you buy, the SE or the SEL? And what color?

Re: push button start. I think it is only with the SEL. You can get the hands free automatic door on the SE--with the upgrade package, but I don't believe that includes push button start. I ordered the SEL in part to get the push button start. What did you buy, the SE or the SEL? And what color?

SE....fully loaded with nav and everything except moon roof and leather. White Platinum Metallic.

The push button start feature is standard with the SEL. I don't think it is available on the SE. The only way I could get the hands free

tailgate auto lift is if I got navigation which I did not want or need. So I got the base model SEL which had 90% of everything I like.

Considering a base (300A) SEL, how is the 6 speaker sound system working out for those of you have it ?

I think the sound from the base system is great. I did not feel the Sony system adds that much more sound to the car to justify the up charge. I hear and feel a nice base with good mid range and high range sounds. I play 95% of my music from mp3 files from the flash drive. I actually plugged my flash drive into a Sony equipped C Max for a test drive before deciding on which model I wanted and I didn't find it to be superior.

Edited by Chinto

Well....picked it up. Really nice. No push button start. Auto rear door, but as far as I can see, I don't have that thing where you wave your foot under it and it opens.

Loaded with other features though. I just spent about 2 hours programming all my radio channels...phones, etc. Very quiet ride. It takes a little getting used to when you turn the key and there is no starting motor sound. So far I love it.....we have a storm coming Monday, so I'm not sure if I'll get to drive it to work or not.

Here are some pics......

post-69-0-07003200-1351369977_thumb.jpg

post-69-0-59317400-1351369978_thumb.jpg

post-69-0-66736500-1351370027_thumb.jpg

Edited by salprint

Looks very nice!

As far as the auto opening rear hatch, I don't know which models have it and which ones don't, but I do know that you need to have the keyfob with you at the back of the car for it to work. It won't work if the key is inside the car (it's a safety/security feature so someone else doesn't open the hatch when you don't want them to).

Also, you need to stand at the center of the rear bumper, not off to the sides.

Enjoy your car and good luck with the storm!

Well....picked it up. Really nice. No push button start. Auto rear door, but as far as I can see, I don't have that thing where you wave your foot under it and it opens.

Loaded with other features though. I just spent about 2 hours programming all my radio channels...phones, etc. Very quiet ride. It takes a little getting used to when you turn the key and there is no starting motor sound. So far I love it.....we have a storm coming Monday, so I'm not sure if I'll get to drive it to work or not.

Here are some pics......

Congrats on your new ride.

Nice looking car. I like the light leather upholstery. The hands free feature using your foot for the rear hatch is only available on the SEL's as far as I know.

The interior is light, but not leather, its cloth. They did say they make it look like leather. And from what I understand, Ford is the first to come up with Heated cloth seats which I have in my model.

• 6 months later...

That was one of the exact questions my wife had about this car. She was worried someone could steal your belongings when you were distracted in the car. The dealer didnt know for sure but then another sales man told us what he believed to the the truth, which is what you said.

glad they thought of this

cant wait to get our CMax one day....

As far as the auto opening rear hatch, I don't know which models have it and which ones don't, but I do know that you need to have the keyfob with you at the back of the car for it to work. It won't work if the key is inside the car (it's a safety/security feature so someone else doesn't open the hatch when you don't want them to).

I should be getting new Cmax tomorrow. I will really miss the 2012 Camaro though. The gas is just getting to be too much. I just got it in June, but I guess I should have thought it through.

I'm getting an SE Cmax, with all the toys. Navigation, automatic rear door, etc. The only things is doesn't have is the moon roof and leather seats.

I'll take pictures as soon as I have it.

maybe you can cut your mullet now? just kidding - congrats  ;)