Took Ownership of Ruby Red 2014 Ford C-Max SEL

Ponypower

Last week I took ownership to my 2014 C-Max SEL, 303A package, Ruby Red with Panoramic Roof.  The order took about 12 weeks. What a blast to drive!! I am still on my first tank of gas with over 375 miles on the car and about 1/4 left in the tank.  I know as the car breaks in and my driving improves the millage will increase. The Chicago weather has been terrible and I think that effects the gas millage.  I am still learning to drive the car to get the best gas millage. I think the C Max is Fords best kept secret. I am reviewing the older posts on how to drive the car.  Thanks to all my C-Max friends for the tips they provide on this web site.

Thanks Ponypower50

post-1619-0-77968300-1392604820_thumb.jpg

Here's one for a 2014 SEL I found on a lot here in Texas:  1FADP5BU8EL501336

Thanks. I compared the VIN from fotomoto with a VIN of a 2013 on a local dealer lot. I pulled up and printed out the detailed feature list in ETIS and went through it line by line. Ford stated that they were changing the axle ratio to improve FE, but ETIS doesn't reflect this. Both vehicles show 2.57 as the axle ratio. It's interesting that the 2014 C-Max Hybrid has quite a few extra "minor features" that are not listed for the 2013. Some of them are on the 2013 hybrids, like "With Illuminated Sunvisor - Drivers", "With Illuminated Sunvisor - Passenger", "With Electric Power Steering" and "Mechanical Hand Operated Park Brake". Others might be new features on the 2014 like "Tyre Inflation Monitor". Do the 2014s show the actual # PSI in each tire rather than just an idiot lamp when one or more is low?

The 2014 also says "Less Air Conditioning", which I highly doubt is true...

The window stickers list mostly the same standard features but they are moved around a little bit. One curious thing is that the window sticker fuel costs and savings are not the same even though the EPA MPG figures are the same. The 2014 shows a lower annual fuel cost and a higher 5 year fuel cost savings over the average vehicle.

Thanks. I compared the VIN from fotomoto with a VIN of a 2013 on a local dealer lot. I pulled up and printed out the detailed feature list in ETIS and went through it line by line. Ford stated that they were changing the axle ratio to improve FE, but ETIS doesn't reflect this. Both vehicles show 2.57 as the axle ratio. It's interesting that the 2014 C-Max Hybrid has quite a few extra "minor features" that are not listed for the 2013. Some of them are on the 2013 hybrids, like "With Illuminated Sunvisor - Drivers", "With Illuminated Sunvisor - Passenger", "With Electric Power Steering" and "Mechanical Hand Operated Park Brake". Others might be new features on the 2014 like "Tyre Inflation Monitor". Do the 2014s show the actual # PSI in each tire rather than just an idiot lamp when one or more is low?

The 2014 also says "Less Air Conditioning", which I highly doubt is true...

The window stickers list mostly the same standard features but they are moved around a little bit. One curious thing is that the window sticker fuel costs and savings are not the same even though the EPA MPG figures are the same. The 2014 shows a lower annual fuel cost and a higher 5 year fuel cost savings over the average vehicle.

Axle ratios have been showing up on 2014s on ETIS as 2.57 for several weeks now although I did see one that said 2.27 which I assume was a typo. Fordparts.com shows the same part numbers for the eCVT and differential on 2013 and 2014 MYs.  You can also get the build spec from an online subscription to the service manual which shows the build codes which ETIS doesn't.  So, I would think that the description shown on ETIS could be the same but the actual build code might be different.  Also, I believe EPA updates the fuel cost used in the fuel calculations to reflect current fuel price trends.

Here's my build data with my VIN blacked out.  Someone with an online subscription needs to post a detailed build sheet for a MY 2014 SEL base model for comparison. 

2013 C-Max Detailed Vehicle Specification.pdf

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

Welcome to the club! Nice car! As you can see we're giddy fanatics who simply can't stop chatting about these cars because they are so much fun! 

I remember someone by that name on another Ford site- have you registered on others?

Winter driving: I think that using foam plumbing insulation in the grille was a cost effective method for increasing ICE temps, fuel economy, and reducing interior comfort times during the winter. I used it on the mid and lower grilles, but on the lower grille I put the foam over the slats instead of between the slats. 5/8" was all I could find- that works great, and is very tight.