WiFi

wb8nbs

Wifi doesn't work anyway.  Sync will not work with a WPA2 access point, it will not allow me to enter the whole passphrase. Am I the only customer who ever tried this?

I gather Sync over a cell phone uses SMS.  Can you tell me how many SMS messages are transferred for a vehicle health report?  I get charged for each individual message.

I gather Sync over a cell phone uses SMS.  Can you tell me how many SMS messages are transferred for a vehicle health report?  I get charged for each individual message.

I think the vehicle health report actually uses a voice call to a 800 number and uses something similar to an old dial-up modem to transfer the information.

Wifi doesn't work anyway.  Sync will not work with a WPA2 access point, it will not allow me to enter the whole passphrase. Am I the only customer who ever tried this?

The Wi-Fi password has a ten character limit. For VHR, your phone will dial an 888 number, connect to a server that collects and sends the data needed to compile the report, then disconnects the call. You would need to have Bluetooth on your phone for this to work.

Rebecca

I've never tried to connect to a WIFI access point.  I have used the CMax as an access point within the car to share my iPad's internet connection with others in the car.

I'm curious how you did this and why.

I have felt that the WiFi system in the C-Max was pointless since you needed some additional device to provide the internet connection. If you have a phone that can be enabled as a hot spot, why have others in the car connect to the C-Max? Why not have them connect directly to the hot spot enabled phone?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought a Samsung Convoy 3 from Verizon and I can report it works fairly well with Sync, paired up no problem. Phone calls work as advertized. Music player volume is very low and ID3 tags do not show. Could not get text messaging to work. Vehicle Maintenance report worked.