C-Max Ford Partner X-pricing

redEV

I did some checking into the availability of X-pricing on both the C-Max Hybrid and Energi and while I thought the Energi would not be included (as the FFE wasn't) it shows up now -- of course the $1,000 incentive isn't offered (yet) on the Energi but is on the Hybrid so a Hybrid SE base would net out at $23,103 (MSRP of $25,200, X-Plan at $24,103 and the $1,000 cash rebate); the C-Max Hybrid SEL base would net out at $25,935 (MSRP $28,200, X-Plan at $26,935 and the $1,000 cash rebate) and a base Energi would net out at $27,667 (MSRP of $32,950, X-Plan at $31,417 and Fed Tax Credit of $3,750) this doesn't include taxes, license fees, etc. but in states with high doc fees (over $100) it looks like Ford rebates the difference back to the dealer so would save a few bucks there as well. So this puts the difference at only $1,732 !! between the Hybrid SEL and the similarly equipped Energi !! Of course you need to check what equipment would be different between the Hybrid SEL and the Energi (most have said that the equipment level is quite similar, that's part of the reason why the Energi starts at where it is) but such a small difference makes me lean more towards getting an Energi for zero gas short commutes during the week. Here is a link to those companies that partner with Ford (I retired from one years ago and looks like retirees are eligible as well):

http://bigval.addr.c...cial/x_plan.htm

Edited by redEV

I did some checking into the availability of X-pricing on both the C-Max Hybrid and Energi and while I thought the Energi would not be included (as the FFE wasn't) it shows up now -- of course the $1,000 incentive isn't offered (yet) on the Energi but is on the Hybrid so a Hybrid SE base would net out at $23,103 (MSRP of $25,200, X-Plan at $24,103 and the $1,000 cash rebate); the C-Max Hybrid SEL base would net out at $25,935 (MSRP $28,200, X-Plan at $26,935 and the $1,000 cash rebate) and a base Energi would net out at $27,667 (MSRP of $32,950, X-Plan at $31,417 and Fed Tax Credit of $3,750) this doesn't include taxes, license fees, etc. but in states with high doc fees (over $100) it looks like Ford rebates the difference back to the dealer so would save a few bucks there as well. So this puts the difference at only $732 !! between the Hybrid SEL and the similarly equipped Energi !! Of course you need to check what equipment would be different between the Hybrid SEL and the Energi (most have said that the equipment level is quite similar, that's part of the reason why the Energi starts at where it is) but such a small difference makes me lean more towards getting an Energi for zero gas short commutes during the week. Here is a link to those companies that partner with Ford (I retired from one years ago and looks like retirees are eligible as well):

http://bigval.addr.c...cial/x_plan.htm

I purchased my C-Max with X-Plan and got the $1000.00 incentive in addition.

I purchased my C-Max with X-Plan and got the $1000.00 incentive in addition.

Same here.

I wasn't interested in the Energi because of the cost and extra effort for the tax credit, the couple hundred extra pounds, lower gas mileage when using the gas engine, reduced cargo area, and an unknown wait time to order one. I was quite surprised and happy that it stays in EV mode for quite a bit of the time.

Yes agree as you all bought the hybrid models; Energi is not currently eligible for the extra $1K cash off -- there was a quip on one of the forums that the only C-Max' being sold in Chicago would be to Ford employees (we have a Ford plant that assembles the Taurus, Lincoln MKS and Explorer) but looks like with all the Ford partners X-pricing that they needed to add them as well --- hey, a discount, is a discount!! Also just received word that my local dealer has a C-Max Energi now in stock so will be able to see for myself soon -- agree on the weight., cargo area, etc. but could actually drive much more in full EV mode which may offset these things but we'll see.

Yes agree as you all bought the hybrid models; Energi is not currently eligible for the extra $1K cash off -- there was a quip on one of the forums that the only C-Max' being sold in Chicago would be to Ford employees (we have a Ford plant that assembles the Taurus, Lincoln MKS and Explorer) but looks like with all the Ford partners X-pricing that they needed to add them as well --- hey, a discount, is a discount!! Also just received word that my local dealer has a C-Max Energi now in stock so will be able to see for myself soon -- agree on the weight., cargo area, etc. but could actually drive much more in full EV mode which may offset these things but we'll see.

Two things kept me away from the Energi;

1. How the air cooled batteries would withstand Texas summers

2. The uncertaintity of getting the tax credit.

One big plus I see for the Energi aside from the larger battery is the ability to stay in EV mode up to 85 mph. So highway driving should see better FE. Not certain how much the additional weight will offset the added EV capabilities and it will be interesting to see what the early adopters report.

• 2 weeks later...

We just purchased our C-Max SEL last Saturday, November 10th, using X-Plan Partner and recieved the $1,000 Incentive. The MSRP was $33,080, X-Plan pricing was $31,425, a $1655 savings, plus the $1K incentive added up to a $2,655 discount.

The other nice thing about X-Plan is it caps "Dealer Fees" at $100. Some of the dealers in this area charge up to $600 for "Dealer Fees", mine usually charges $299, so that was another $199 saved with X-Plan.

We just purchased our C-Max SEL last Saturday, November 10th, using X-Plan Partner and recieved the $1,000 Incentive. The MSRP was $33,080, X-Plan pricing was $31,425, a $1655 savings, plus the $1K incentive added up to a $2,655 discount.

The other nice thing about X-Plan is it caps "Dealer Fees" at $100. Some of the dealers in this area charge up to $600 for "Dealer Fees", mine usually charges $299, so that was another $199 saved with X-Plan.

+1 on the savings for dealer doc fees; apparently some states don't regulate these (ours adjust yearly for inflation), Ford will pay back the dealer for any difference from the $100 the buyer pays so most dealers are OK with it but, I've heard that some don't participate in X-pricing so it's always good to check before assuming that they do. I like seeing the actual pricing printed out so no negotiating (other than of course the trade-in).

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't think I qualified for X-Plan, but recently found out that you can get X-Plan if you own shares of Ford stock.  You have to own at least 100 shares, and you have to have owned them for at least six months.  I filled out a form and faxed it, along with my last six month's account statements, but I got an X-Plan approval via email two days later. I can find the form and post it here if anyone's interested.

Does anyone know if the $1K rebate is still active?  We were told about a $750 rebate which was given to us but nothing was said about $1K rebate.  We purchased on D-plan pricing as my husband is an employee.

Depends upon your zip code, my area still shows 1,000 incentive for the C-Max but nothing for the Energi.

I didn't think I qualified for X-Plan, but recently found out that you can get X-Plan if you own shares of Ford stock.  You have to own at least 100 shares, and you have to have owned them for at least six months.  I filled out a form and faxed it, along with my last six month's account statements, but I got an X-Plan approval via email two days later. I can find the form and post it here if anyone's interested.

Please post the form.

I got $750 on my Energi, but the additional $1,000 was only for the C-Max.

By the way, the trunk in the Energi is a bit disappointing, but is bigger than my '02 Prius trunk and there is more than enough cargo space for my needs. Driving to and from work without burning any gas more than makes up for it most days. It always got to me that my Prius was gas only for short trips while the engine warms up. With the Energi, my commute or a trip to town and back are gas free, as is the warmup if I choose remote start.

Regarding the rebate on an order, I was told that the buyer gets the rebate as long as the dealer orders the car during the period and keys the rebate into their Ford dealer account at that time. This apparently "locks in" your qualification for the incentive, in case it expires or is cancelled while the order is in process. They said it was really important to do this properly, and proceeded to do it while I watched. They also said that if there's a better incentive at the time of delivery, you would get that instead.

We agreed that Ford is almost certain to allow the C Max rebate to expire in January, so they felt it was critical to write the order up with the rebate listed and also to enter it into their system promptly.

Regarding the rebate on an order, I was told that the buyer gets the rebate as long as the dealer orders the car during the period and keys the rebate into their Ford dealer account at that time. This apparently "locks in" your qualification for the incentive, in case it expires or is cancelled while the order is in process. They said it was really important to do this properly, and proceeded to do it while I watched. They also said that if there's a better incentive at the time of delivery, you would get that instead.

I have a C-MAX SEL that was slated to be built today, 12/11.  It has a tentative delivery date of 1/7/2013, which is probably reasonable.  It has rail transport to Kent, Washington, and then ship transport to Anchorage, AK.  For a little more assurance I asked my salesperson about the rebate due to expire 1/3/2013 and got this back.

You are price protected for the cost of the vehicle, and the Consumer Incentives that were in play at the time you placed your vehicle order. 

You and I agreed upon a specific price, and we intend to stand behind that number. 

If the Consumer Incentives increase by the time your C-Max arrives, it's more money for you.

The initial quote had the standard disclaimers that rebates are not guaranteed and are subject to the incentives in effect at the time of delivery.  It is nice to have some written assurance that they intend to honor the rebate at the time of order unless a new rebate offers more.