today MFT decided to ignore me

I was driving to work this morning, and I got a phone call, my BT connected phone rang and then the screen on the MFT display, froze.  the radio would not turn down the volume, the call was not answered in the car, but on the handset.  I had to tell the caller to call back my car was fighting with my phone.  Like kids in the back of the car, they were in some sort of struggle for complete dominance of the other and I was caught in the middle.  I relaxed, took several deep breaths, and started to try and solve the issue, while driving 60 MPH, the radio blaring, and MFT just ignoring my every attempt to calm it down.  I could see the screen trying to react to some of my wild button pushing, but always back to the home screen with no effect on the radio, volume still too high for the slowing traffic, I pulled over to the side of the road, and tried to turn off the ignition, opened the door, and restart the Ignition.  NOTHING....  the radio played on, except, it only seemed to be coming through the front center channel, no stereo, just monaural sound from the center stack.  I pushed the ignition button again, stopped the car, put it in PARK, Opened the door.  NO CHANGE

It's down there right now in the parking garage, at work.  The radio playing, draining my battery of life, and I CAN"T SHUT IT OFF.  I guess it really likes the radio station and wanted to hear what was going on, or it just decided that I was no longer in control and this is a simple, yet effective Coup De Ta.  The first event in the Singularity where machines are asserting their dominance and defying thier human masters.  Or the damm thing is just stubborn.  I don't know why, it just is.

DO I need to resort to pulling it's power? or should I try and reason with it?

Let me know.

R3d

MFT should shut off on its own before it runs down the battery.  In my case, it usually takes about 15 - 20 minutes.

But this sounds like an old MFT issue that was by and large fixed with an MFT update.  Sorry, I don't remember the exact TSB; searching the maintenance forum will help.  Anyway, make sure your MFT is up to the latest software level.

Cheers.

I was on the phone with my wife once when it froze up on a specific thing she said, so it was just playing a loud AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I whipped out my phone and turned off "bluetooth headset" and the sound stopped. Turned it back on and all was fine.

Probably was an issue with my phone, but it was freaky.

UPDATE!  I disconnected the car battery (low side 12V) and that finally stopped the radio from playing.  I connected the battery back to the car and everything booted back up and seems to work just fine.  strange that it would get stuck like that, but after 30,000 miles on my C-Max, I am not shocked by anything at this point.  I will say that the latest update seemed to really smoothing things out for the connections and the touch display.  First glitch i have had since upgrading the software.

R3D