2013 C-MAX Prices

theswiss

Hi everyone.  As you can see by my post count, I'm new here.  I stopped by the local Ford dealer today to check out the Focus ST but they didn't have the one I wanted so I browsed the lot and came across two brand new left over 2013 C-MAX SELs.  I decided to test drive one and really liked it, the salesman told me they've been told to get rid of them but wouldn't give me exact figures unless "I bought it today".  The one I test drove had an MSRP of $30k, I am planning on heading back to the dealer tomorrow. I was thinking of trying $22k, they'll either laugh and tell me to get lost or they'll bite.  Now my question, does anyone here know how motivated the dealers are to sell 2013's?

Typical salesman BS. They'll try anything to get you to buy a car NOW :drop:  I would look at trade in price and offer them that.

Most of the time, they want too much and that's why they still have em. Make sure you don't buy a leftover 13 at or near

the price of a 14. Check the rebates too. Maybe you could find an Energi for close to the same price with rebates.

Edited by drdiesel1

Typical salesman BS. They'll try anything to get you to buy a car NOW :drop:  I would look at trade in price and offer them that.

Most of the time, they want too much and that's why they still have em. Make sure you don't buy a leftover 13 at or near

the price of a 14. Check the rebates too. Maybe you could find an Energi for close to the same price with rebates.

I think trade in price is right around $19k according to KBB.  Lets see if the dealer is willing to accept that without kicking me out. :)

Thanks for the advice!

What kind of incentives are there on leftover 2013s?

Nothing close to $10,000 off MSRP for a modestly-equipped 2013 C-MAX Hybrid SEL.

2013 C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid models show $5,000 Ford incentives and 0% financing, plus a potential $4007 federal tax credit, but the MSRP is also substantially higher.

Understand that Ford and Ford Credit incentives and cut-rate financing vary by dealer geographical region, and available finance rate offers will depend upon the credit history of you, the buyer. There are residency restrictions as well, so even if you find a really screamin' deal in some city just a couple-hour-airline flight away, it doesn't mean you'll meet the residency requirements of all the incentives available in that dealer region. You have to read the fine print. And there's LOTS of fine print...

Prices of 2013 Hybrid SEL's still in inventory in Indiana and advertised on Ford.com includes combined incentives of up to $3,250, or 0% for 72 months and $1,750 'bonus cash' (expiring tomorrow 09/02/2014).

Here's one example: a 2013 C-MAX Hybrid SEL VIN#1FADP5BU9DL552777 in Tuxedo Black with Light Stone leather interior and Equipment Group 302A at a Zionsville, Indiana Ford dealer. MSRP of $29,890-$3,250 Ford and Ford Credit incentives = $26,640.

Additional dealer discount of $1,937, for an advertised price of $24,703 as shown, combined for about 17.5% off MSRP.

http://www.pearsonford.org/new-inventory/details?lang=en&make=Ford&zipcode=46077&vehicle_type=car&models=Fiesta&models=Focus&models=Fusion&models=Mustang&models=C-MAX&models=Taurus&year=2015&year=2014&year=2013&year=2012&sort_by=price_desc&view=list&vin=1FADP5BU9DL552777&index=15&count=69&offset=14&limit=1

Assume they really really really want to move that car today and simply GIVE you another $3,000 off without negotiation, you're still at $21,700, still $2,700 above your stated target price of $19k. I don't believe you'll ever get that kind of deal today, unless the car was a demo with thousands of miles on it, or was  damaged during shipment or on a test-drive and rebuilt without ever being titled. They're a business, not a charity.

But new incentives will likely begin on 09/03/2014, so who knows what deal you might get by waiting a couple more days.

EDIT: Here's a dealer in Maryland offering what appears to be huge discounts with residency restrictions and lots of inventory, but still nothing close to $10k off sticker http://appleford.com/Baltimore-Washington-DC/For-Sale/New/?MakeId=12&ModelId=2342&Model=C-Max%20Hybrid&Make=Ford

Edited by kostby

I looked into the residency restrictions too and as kostby said they are tied to your area.  Really tied to where the car will be titled.

Incentives here in Michigan seem to be lower with max of $2500 for the standard C-max if you take Ford financing.  The Apple Ford deals looked good and the incentives are better out there.  I could save well over $1000 with their incentives at Apple Ford but the dealer told me that I would only be eligible to my local incentive program.     :sad:   But then again traveling all that way might not be worth it anyway.  You would have to be real careful to have everything set up a head of time.  I can't imagine going all that way and finding out when you show up that they forgot something and the price is now higher than what you were told.  Just not worth the effort to me.  Even my local dealer tried to raise the price from what I was quoted on line stating that they must have looked up the wrong car.  

Good luck

No dealer will "laugh" or "kick" you out for a low ball offer or they wouldn't be in business very long.  The "buy it now" price is a very old dealer trick.  If you walk out, they stand the chance of losing you as a customer.  I would believe most purchases are made on the spot.  However, when they see you come back, it signals to them that you are willing to buy and will pull out a few other time tested devices.  You will give them an offer and they will have you sit down and then waste a lot of time, going back and forth on a price, trying to get you to come up.  To them time is money, money in their pocket.  This is their business and you are probably making an emotional decision so the ball is in their court.  Stick to your price but be a little flexible and remember ,just be satisfied/proud/happy with the deal you settle on.  If things don't feel that way, walk out.  Plenty of Ford dealers around.  I once was bargaining for a deal and it came down to a difference of $50.   The sales mgr. had the guts to ask me if I would let the car go over such a small amount and I immediately replied "are you willing to lose me as a customer over the same amount?"