7 months on lot vs 3 months on lot?

scottwood2

I have a car with the options I want available.  It has the options I want exactly and I thought the build date was July 2014.  I just found out that the build date is Feb 2014 so it has been sitting on a lot for 7 months.  I had hoped to get a newer one.  

The dealership has another one with more options but the build date is June 2014.  It would be more money but would getting a newer car be a better choice?  Any thoughts about this car sitting for this long?  Just concerned about the batteries and the fact that is has been baking in the sun for all this time.  There are many older ones out there including 2013 so maybe this is not an issue?  

Thx

Ours (2014) was on the lot since January (bought in July) -- never gave it a second thought (and wouldn't if I did it again).  It was the right color and had the right options.

(On a side note: has anyone ever mentioned to you you might overthink things?  Just saying... LOL).

LOL, I didn't say it but might've thought it, Scott.  :victory: Keep in mind it's your money they're getting so do whatever makes you feel comfortable about the purchase, bro. I went in knowing what I wanted, what I was willing to pay, and had a pleasant experience because they knew what they had to do to get my business.

LOL, I didn't say it but might've thought it, Scott.  :victory: Keep in mind it's your money they're getting so do whatever makes you feel comfortable about the purchase, bro. I went in knowing what I wanted, what I was willing to pay, and had a pleasant experience because they knew what they had to do to get my business.

Have you and Kelleytoons been talking to my other half?   ;)   Just kidding. 

The dealer has been great so far.  I have this car coming in from another dealer and if all goes well I should have it on Friday.   :happy feet:  :happy feet:  :happy feet:

Have you and Kelleytoons been talking to my other half?   ;)   Just kidding. 

The dealer has been great so far.  I have this car coming in from another dealer and if all goes well I should have it on Friday.   :happy feet:  :happy feet:  :happy feet:

r u positively sure? its not too late to go get a 2014 Prii, smaller tank, artificial synthetic, bland interior and :airquote:  concensus-hands-up acceleration (but as we are shown in another thread, it does slalom and brake well) and a better mpg...plus thrown in a few recalls as well is to be expected but thats nothing new or to be worried about ala acceleration.... :baby:

;)  (jus advocating for Nicholas whos not here to do it himself :gold_star: ) 

Edited by Jus-A-CMax