Surround or Stereo Setting?

rjam

Hi

Thanks for the response! I do have the premium audio nav package. I found on the boards the way to go into the system and run a speaker test. Using the "walk around speaker test" only 7 speakers are found. RR door, LR rear door, front left and right doors left tweeter and right tweeter, and aux2. Seems I'm missing two. I have read all I can find on Ford site and it amazes me they are not really specific on what type and where the speakers are. The seven I have found are in obvious places but where might the other two be? Not sure what the first reply with a link to Ford was for? Maybe the nice Ford rep that monitors the site can give specifics.

Thank you all.

The base audio system has 6 speakers:

1) LF Door

2) RF Door

3) L Dash

4) R Dash

5) LR Door

6) RR Door

The Sony system adds 3:

7) Center Dash

8) LR Door tweeter

9) RR Door tweeter

Note that the tweeters are not new audio channels, they are just connected in parallel with the existing LR and RR Door speakers.

Edited by jdbob

Hi

JDBOB appreciate your taking the time to post. Great information. May I ask where you found the answer. I looked high and low through the Ford site.

I looked at the wiring diagrams from the on-line service manual. I printed a bunch of them out when I had a 1 month subscription.

Hi

Thank you! Guess that's why it tests 7 speakers rather than 9. No sub is a bummer. Was hoping for a blown fuse. The system sound could sure use a sub

Really appreciate the reply!!

What's strange is that there are only 5 actual audio channels (4 in the base audio system) to test. The front door and instrument panel speakers are just connected in parallel on their respective sides.