Maxus is at the Dealership

mtb9153

Took her in for her 35k maintenance and check-up along with the two recalls currently on record.  Plus I wanted them to look into Sync issues with my iPhone 6.  Sync has been doing random system updates every so often screen goes blank and runs checks over and over.  Plus the screen shows me driving no where while completely "locked up".  Once starts moving I'm driving off road through houses and buildings. 

For sometime I have only been able to place a call by asking Siri to place the call based on one of my contacts on record.  Then the call connects through Maxus speakers.  If I try to connect using the right paddle, the system is so messed up it can't understand what I'm requesting even if I clearly pronounce every syllable.

Checked with Frontier Ford around 4pm Thursday and they were having repeated failures with the recalibration of the restraints system for recall 14S04.  Were going to contact Ford today to get them in the loop.  I also asked them to do something about the stinky musty smell coming through the vents when the A/C is on or the defrosters are on while in recirculate.

Meanwhile I'm driving a Ferrari Red 2014 Mini Cooper Club Wagon.  Not a bad ride.  Funny thing is I've always wanted to drive one.  I may be doing just that since I'm thinking Maxus will be away from home for over the weekend and into next week trying to sort this mess out.  Time will tell, I'm just hoping I'm not going to be even worse off than before.  I just wanted to report in to the forum.  Prayers for Maxus are welcome :sad:  :cry:  

Edited by mtb9153

Your AC stinks because you don't shut the compressor off 5 min. before you park the car.

The AC evaporator stays wet and it grows mold and mildew on the core. This is a common

mistake and GM has setup an afterblow function of the blower motor to reduce the condensation

on the surface of the cores fins. They also make a product called Frigi-Clean and Frigi-Fresh,

by BG products. It works very well and can reduce the odor, but you'll need to let the system dry

out before you shut the car off. After you get conditioned to it, it's not hard to remember to do it.

Thanks drdiesel1 for your comments.  Your right I never do what you explained.  Never knew this to be an issue.  Maxus is the first car I've owned which has this problem.  I've owned previously 6 GM products, but none had this smell problem.  When I picked Maxus up I first noticed the fragrant smell in the car.  Turned on the A/C drove a few miles and seemed much better. Then I turned the A/C off and kept the blower running on recirculate and I did notice the smell was still there but not quite as bad.  Pretty dumb design if you ask me, why doesn't Ford do something about it if exists?  And it obviously does.

Edited by mtb9153

Thanks drdiesel1 for your comments.  Your right I never do what you explained.  Never knew this to be an issue.  Maxus is the first car I've owned which has this problem.  I've owned previously 6 GM products, but none had this smell problem.  When I picked Maxus up I first noticed the fragrant smell in the car.  Turned on the A/C drove a few miles and seemed much better. Then I turned the A/C off and kept the blower running on recirculate and I did notice the smell was still there but not quite as bad.  Pretty dumb design if you ask me, why doesn't Ford do something about it if exists?  And it obviously does.

Turn the AC off and keep the blower on, but use the fresh air mode. You'll need to clean and treat the evap core to

correct the problem first. Then you'll need to keep shutting off the AC and run the fan for 5 min. in the fresh air mode

to keep the mold growth down. You should also replace the cabin air filter.

Edited by drdiesel1

Turn the AC off and keep the blower on, but use the fresh air mode. You'll need to clean and treat the evap core to

correct the problem first. Then you'll need to keep shutting off the AC and run the fan for 5 min. in the fresh air mode

to keep the mold growth down. You should also replace the cabin air filter.

I asked the dealer to replace the cabin filter but don't think they did it.  This mold problem is ridiculous Ford needs to step up to the problem.  I've never had to deal with this before.