14S21 Restraints recall frustration

MtnMarty

The letter said that parts would only be available for vehicles with the airbag light on. Having the light on indicates a failure with the current part. If the light is not on then the current part is functioning correctly. Until Ford has significant stock of this part for all vehicles they are not replacing working parts. The letter said that you will receive a second letter when parts are available for vehicles without a malfunctioning part.

This is what the letter said. Just be patient. If your airbag light is off then your car is working correctly and there's no need to worry.

Hello Ford Fam,

Please refer to your "Safety Recall" letter. If your airbag warning indicator is not illuminated, please call your dealer and request a service date for Recall 14S04. Ford will notify you by mail when replacement parts are available to have Safety Recall 14S21 performed. Parts for Safety Recall 14S21 are anticipated to be available in the third quarter of 2015.

If your airbag warning indicator is illuminated, please call your dealer and request a service date for replacement of the restraints control module under recall 14S21. The new restraints control module contains the updated software, and makes the reprogramming for Safety Recall 14S04 unnecessary.

We apologize for any inconvenience these part shortages may cause you. We are working closely with our suppliers to accelerate part availability.

Let me know if you need anything else, and enjoy the rest of your day!   :thumbsup:

I'm hoping the Ford reps can pipe up about it. I've had a few other issues with the Ford dealer here. 

anaphora68,

Let me document your dealer feedback. Please PM your full name, VIN, mileage, dealer, details of experience, and best daytime phone number. I’ll make sure it’s noted!  :) 

Tricia 

Edited by FordService