stranded today - can't get into my car

catsailor

My Sync locked up on me yesterday so i was planning on swinging by to have it re-booted, so this morning I can't get either of my key fobs to open my car.

I believe my house battery (starting battery is dead) plus I have an issue with my Snyc. My guess is something with the radio drained down the battery since the Snyc was screwy yesterday and I could not get any radio or blue tooth to work with my phone.

Anythoughts while I wait for a Roadside service to open and jump the battery?

Catsailor

Open the Key FOB and inside you will find a metal key to unlock the door.  Insert the end into a slot in the key FOB for leverage when turning the key.

This will allow you get inside the car so you can pop the hood to access the jump points when roadside service gets there.  It usually takes only a few seconds to bring the car back "on line" since the dead 12v doesn't need a big charge to "crank" the engine.

This will allow you get inside the car so you can pop the hood to access the jump points when roadside service gets there.  It usually takes only a few seconds to bring the car back "on line" since the dead 12v doesn't need a big charge to "crank" the engine.

Lest this be misinterpreted, the 12v battery does not do the cranking; the high voltage battery does that.  But 12v is still needed to get the whole system going initially..