My NAV is awful

That's odd!  I am running IE10 with Win7 and it works great. Could it have something to do with Win8?

My NAV also works as it should or maybe I should say so far, in four months, no problems.

I am talking about the www.syncmyride.com

Put IE10 on a windows 7 VMware system and installed IE10, getting the same message

post-61-0-45567700-1363797821_thumb.png

Edited by Wingrider01

No.  Only on OASIS right now.   It is TSB 13-3-11.

"GLOBAL POSITION SATELLITE MODULE - TRAFFIC DIRECTIONS AND NAVIGATION - UNABLE TO LOCATE VEHICLE - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 1/15/2013"

Ford should have a link to the TSB in a few days.   Google "Ford TSB 13-3-11".

I'm going to post a new thread on this. Some folks will really appreciate it.

We are getting very depressed about the delays.  The Cmax goes in this week to hopefully fix the door lock problems (it doesn't always recognize the intellegent key).  They are going to look into the NAV issue again and we gave them the TSB about the GPS module.  It is frustrating because my BMW and Chevrolet both have NAV systems that are spot on!  How can Ford be this far off?

We are getting very depressed about the delays.  The Cmax goes in this week to hopefully fix the door lock problems (it doesn't always recognize the intellegent key).  They are going to look into the NAV issue again and we gave them the TSB about the GPS module.  It is frustrating because my BMW and Chevrolet both have NAV systems that are spot on!  How can Ford be this far off?

I think cars have personalities!

They usually like me but not this one.

The hatch and door lock work 99% ot the time for my wife and 1% of the time for me.

We've exchanged fobs, same results.

Our nav has worked perfectly???

I feel your pain. The TSB fix for the Nav did not work.  The system said I already had the latest software . Makes no sense to me.

Dealer said:

"I will be bringing your vehicle back around 1:00 PM the program was a no go you already have the most advanced system . we are currently in a holding pattern with  the Ford  Hotline For further instruction it may be 24 to 48 hours."

That was Thursday. No other word yet.

Let me know if your dealer can remedy the Nav problem with that TSB (13-3-11), ok?

I had two very unhappy experiences with the NAV in my C-Max.  It is frequently off by several blocks which caused me to get on the highway heading in the wrong direction last week.  Of course I didn't realize it until I was on a stretch where the next exit wasn't for 10 miles or so.  Then on Saturday, the GPS was over a mile off the mark, which made it really difficult to find the place I was trying to get to for the first time.  Luckily, I had my iPhone and was able to use that instead.

I had my C-Max in for service 2 weeks ago with a list of a dozen different issues for the Sync components.  They were unable to address any of them and said they were still waiting on the update from Ford for the hybrids/EVs.

I love my C-Max, except for the Sync :-(

Is there any hope for fixes to the NAV?  The rest is annoying, but I want to be able to in general rely on the NAV.

I down loaded the TSB 13-3-11 and called my dealer.  I've got an appointment to take C-Max in this Thursday for updating the system to correct the "off road from the current vehicle position" problem.  If this fixes the problem, then we'll be 100% happy with out C-Max.

Probably not, they're all driving Teslas or Prii. Not b*tching but Its as if they dumped the Millenium/Vista team into the Sync software. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh x 1,000,000,000,000  :rant2: 

This is going to be a BIG discussion point with the Ford Engineers when I meet them in 2 weeks time. I'm off to do a master reset now, hopefully, that may stabilize my MFT.

Same problem here..

Give'em heck and report back!

oK, my dealer replace the GPMS module, and that seemed to fix the location GPS location issue. Yay!

One issue remains, I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this. Here is my explanation I sent to the dealer:

The GPMS seems to work perfectly! My position on the map is right on the money.

Thanks!

One weird problem that remains, and it may be hardware related, software or a corrupt A3 map chip.

LAST NIGHT AFTER WORK:

I go to ---  once or twice a week from work. Whenever I set the address there as my destination, I get the following message:

"Route Calculation Failed"

Then the display goes back to the map, no route of course.

So, last Night this is what happened:

"Route Calculation Failed" message

Started Driving to --

About halfway (I did not note exactly where) The Nav system went black for a second, then went to the 'Home Screen'. In the upper right hand got the message:

"Navigation Loading..."

After a while the screen went black again, system appeared to reboot and I got the message

"Scheduled system maintenance" - then

"Navigation Loading"

Just before I arrived, the screen went black again, system appeared to reboot and I got the message

"Scheduled system maintenance" - then

"Navigation Loading"

ON THE WAY BACK TO WORK THIS MORNING

I did not set any destination.

The map came up ok, but within a minute or so the display went back to the home screen and I got the message

"Navigation Loading"

This message remained on for 10-15 minutes UNTIL I CROSSED UNDER EXPRESSWAY, and then everything cleared up and behaved normally. THIS MAY BE AT THE SAME SPOT WHERE IT FAILED ON THE WAY OUT.

Everything was fine all the way to work (the car's location was spot on!)

ONE THEORY:

The system is having a hard time loading and computing routes on map sections that are not loaded into memory. This could be either because the A3 map section/destination is corrupt or the SD chip slot is bad, or??

Note: I have removed and re-inserted the SD chip a few times in the past. This did not help.

By the way, the destination to home and other areas seem to work.

I'm going to ---- this weekend, about 100 miles away. I'll let you know what happens. I do know that the Route does successfully calculate to that address.

Ours has been at the dealers for 2 days.  It went in to have something replaced for the "intellegent" access where it wouldn't unlock when you grabbed the handle.  We gave them the TSB number for the NAV because we have been having problems since day one and they haven't been able to locate an update.

They just called and supposedly everything is fixed (including the NAV).  They also felt bad about having the car so many times and for so long without being able to fix it, so it is supposed to be getting a nice hand wash and a full tank of gas!

I hope everything will be good forever and no more trips to the dealer!  WooHoo!

I have been very positive about my C Max and have not had a Nav issue in my town, but an out of town trip (to Asheville, NC) has exposed it's glaring weakness. Taking me down wrong streets, telling me to turn te wrong way onto a one way street, attempting to shorten a route by going down an exit ramp and then back on the interstate. The Nav system in my 2006 Lexus hybrid was so much better. Can not believe all the screw ups. Feel like getting a paper AAA trip tic. Can I get google map to take its place? Ford, please fix this!

We have had our SEL for 2 weeks now and our NAV works flawlessly (fingers crossed).  No off-road problems, lost position or any of the other malfunctions posted here.  Maybe the software update cures most of the problems with the earlier versions.

Only knock is voice command is just OK, but no where near perfect. But in Fords defense,  I have yet to find any voice control that works perfectly more than 80% of the time.  My android speech recognition stuff is pretty good though.  Anyway, I rather run through the screen inputs on most any device at this stage of technology.  Once you understand the "Ford Way" its fairly fast and easy. I do wish there was some way of overriding the lock outs while moving.

Build date of @ 2/13/13 with latest software. 

The latest builds seem fine, its only those who had early adoptions that are having MAJOR issues with the MFT Nav. Mine is in Galpin Ford right now for the TSB update and the liftgate issue as well and some interior paneling and a car wash...and ....*sigh*. I think I need a Prius.... :sing_rain:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax