Weather Map - Amazing Discovery!

If I pull the voice command paddle and say "Weather Map", up pops a live weather map showing rain, snow or whatever is going on.

Really cool, but I have no idea where it comes from.  My guess is Sirrius.

Now I know how my grandfather felt when he saw a television for the first time.  All kinds of mysterious stuff on this vehicle.

It is a part of the Sirus XM Travel Link upgrade packages.  If you opt to keep the Sirius radio, this will not come with the default radio package.

Also, if you haven't found it yet, ask the car to show you nearby fuel prices ;)  You can also look up sports scores, movie listings, and stock prices with this package.  It ranges from an additional $1.99 to $8.99 per month for the different packages. My suggestion is to wait until it's about to expire and call Sirius to see what "options" they have available.  Play it down and let them know that your local HD Radio is really great, but you're just seeing what's out there.  With a little back and forth, they should offer you some really great pricing options. 

I've tried this several times and it always tells me that I should say a command such as ... etc.

Do you really just say "Weather Map"?  Do you have to be in Services first?

Do you have to have navigation for this to work (I have MFT but not nav.)

Here is good discussion on this;

http://fordstnation.com/focus-st-general-discussion/347-nav-vs-mft.html

When I go to the services section, instead of seeing things like Travel Link, I just get an ad for the services, and it says To activate, go to www.syncmyride.com.

But I'm all set up on syncmyride, which says my services subscription is Active.

Just about stumped on this one.

post-196-0-54673400-1356629309_thumb.jpg

Edited by PWBarrett

When I go to the services section, instead of seeing things like Travel Link, I just get an ad for the services, and it says To activate, go to www.syncmyride.com.

But I'm all set up on syncmyride, which says my services subscription is Active.

Just about stumped on this one.

I encountered an issue with Live Traffic not displaying. All my Travel Link services displayed as active on the screen. I called Sirius and had them resend the activation signal for all services and Live Traffic now displays on my Nav.

I've tried this several times and it always tells me that I should say a command such as ... etc.

Do you really just say "Weather Map"?  Do you have to be in Services first?

Do you have to have navigation for this to work (I have MFT but not nav.)

Doesn't work in Canada.  If I say "weather map", my nav thinks I'm saying "where am I?" and promptly gives me a cross street LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

CassidyB

Thanks for the link.  I've found a chart for a Sirius marine radio containing some of the symbols.

But you would think that either Ford or Sirius would provide a chart explaining what each symbol represents.  How hard can that be?  No where on the Sirius Travel Link page is there any explanation for the symbols for the weather map.

Can someone post a pic of what the weather map looks like?  I'm wondering if it has a pretty good radar overlay or if I'm better off using RadarScope on my iPhone.

This one includes some of the symbols; most look like traditional wx items for fronts but there are some others I've never seen.    Probably alien spacecraft would be my educated guess......    :detective:

null_zpseb684efb.jpg

Originally, I found the wx map nothing more than a gee-whiz feature but now find it to be very, very useful and something I rely on quite often.  It takes a couple of moments to load after powering on the car but it updates every few minutes and follows your route.  It won't let you scroll around the map while the car is in motion other than zoom in/out one level.  Pic is in the zoomed out mode.

Edited by fotomoto

Sometimes I feel like we live in Siberia instead of Canada.  We have Sirius and don't get travel links or weather information.  What a rip off.  We used to be able to pick up traffic in Washington State and even that has disappeared.  We have 30 million people so one would think we could get these features.  But we have the most expensive cell phone service here too as we only have a couple of providers.  The good things are a nice laid back way of life. LOL.

Sometimes I feel like we live in Siberia instead of Canada.  We have Sirius and don't get travel links or weather information.  What a rip off.  We used to be able to pick up traffic in Washington State and even that has disappeared.  We have 30 million people so one would think we could get these features.  But we have the most expensive cell phone service here too as we only have a couple of providers.  The good things are a nice laid back way of life. LOL.

Sounds like Aus there for a moment Laurel, everything is more expensive there. Don't worry, another reason I dropped Sirius was the utter crap traffic conditions, utterly useless and wrong. Also the annoying pop-ups for accidents that were LONG GONE. Back to the Sigalert for me....

In Fotomot's picture, there is a yellow round symbol with a 4 blade symbol - what does that mean?  The blue circles with white spots I think represents rain but does the number of white spots represent how bad the rain is going to be???  The vertical blue/white line down the middle, what is that??? 

Why can't Ford provide an online a chart explaining these symbols?  How hard can it be to supply an explanation?

My wife and I discovered something else in MFT NAV.  We found when you have set a distinaction, that the NAV will tell you what facilities are available at the next two or three exists on the Interestate.  It's the third screen (first screen just shows the map - second screen shows the list of turns).  The list will show what restaurants and gas stations are available.  So cool.  But again, why not a list of features described in the manual or available online?