Washer fluid reservoir leake?

Curious if anyone else has run into this to potentially see if this is a known issue or just my random luck.

Long story made short I normally don't use the washer fluid a lot throughout the year. Noticed the other day when topping off the tank that I leaked a good portion of what I put in on the ground. It seems like wherever the leak is at is high up enough as it still retains enough for a good amount of uses including the rear washer. So it makes me curious where exactly it is leaking at.

I looked into the service manual and it looks like a major job to get to which I probably will not do myself, this is more a curiosity than anything. I intend to take it in this weekend to get some other work done and have this looked at as well.

• 4 years later...

I have the same problem, did you ever solve? Mine leaks out on the ground as well. The dealer I bought from said it was the fill spout not being fully inserted (I would have thought it was integral). I could use some docs on the replacement procedure, it looks like a tough job!