I Love My Cmax Hybrid

Degrandbob

First, I thoroughly enjoy my Cmax Hybrid. I pulled up next to a Toyota Prius and really noticed how much higher the seating position is compared to the much lower Prius! I took advice from other Cmax drivers and inflated my tires to 45 PSI....and must always alert the Ford service guys who change my oil to NOT deflate them to the 32 PSI they always seem to do! 

I finally was able to get my 'CMAX' personal plates this year, but noticed that Hybrid vehicles are now penalized $75 extra on plates....since the states are losing on gas revenue! 

I never use my wipers after applying 2 coats of Rain X on the windshield. The kids love watching the beads roll up the windshield in the rain! Of course, already applied 2 coats of wax/polish last month to prepare for the cold winter in Wisconsin! 

The car seems to be an optical illusion in a way. When I see a Cmax on the road, it appears small...however, when sitting in the vehicle it feels so roomy...especially the front seating with a high ceiling and comfortable distance from the passenger. I'm really impressed how I never hit my head getting in and out of the car compared to the sedans I use to drive. (I'm slightly over 6 ft)!

I often try to talk to other Cmax drivers and they have always agreed on how they enjoy the car.

I plan to keep this vehicle indefinitely. It's economical, it's definitely quicker than other hybrids, it has a high panoramic view of the road, it has incredible/comfortable seating and I never, ever come close to touching the front seat passenger ! I must finally mention the unique ability

to haul oversized containers that a sedan could never handle....like lawnmowers, bicycles, large strollers, etc... and a 2 stage/ 24 inch snow thrower I purchased and saved a $60 delivery charge since I was able to fit the 200 lbs container through the rear in my Cmax! I think I impressed the guys that loaded it! Ha! Ha! 

Anyway, I'm a happy owner! Merry Christmas to all you Cmax owners!

3 hours ago, jestevens said:

The car was originally designed to compete with the Prius V, which it does very well.  Glad you like it!  My 6' 8" friend can fit height-wise, although knee room is a bit cramped; his car is normally a Durango..

I have to say....driving at night on the freeway and following a newer Durango or Dodge Charger is challenging to the eyes. Those full width taillights are quite excessive and penetrating....in my opinion! Hey, maybe it's my aging years!?

3 hours ago, Degrandbob said:

I have to say....driving at night on the freeway and following a newer Durango or Dodge Charger is challenging to the eyes. Those full width taillights are quite excessive and penetrating....in my opinion! Hey, maybe it's my aging years!?

Hum, have you had eyes checked for cataracts?  Before my surgery, bright lights at night were problematic and challenging to seeing.

It’s hard to believe the improvement before and after.  I did a lot of night driving on the 2/3 long trips we took every year.  Although my cataracts were not very bad relative to those who generally get the procedure, my ophthalmologist said OTR truck drivers have it done a lot sooner than I did.

20 hours ago, plus 3 golfer said:

Hum, have you had eyes checked for cataracts?  Before my surgery, bright lights at night were problematic and challenging to seeing.

It’s hard to believe the improvement before and after.  I did a lot of night driving on the 2/3 long trips we took every year.  Although my cataracts were not very bad relative to those who generally get the procedure, my ophthalmologist said OTR truck drivers have it done a lot sooner than I did.

Ha! Ha! ?