Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

600+Mile CMax Club

• Please log in to reply
1329 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   mbedit

mbedit

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 122 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationWilmington, NC
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

I did notice that Ford roadside assistance says that they will bring you a couple gal of gas free if needed... so you can roll on to see how far it goes... but you'll have to wait for them to come and gas you up!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ingot Silver
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

I did notice that Ford roadside assistance says that they will bring you a couple gal of gas free if needed... so you can roll on to see how far it goes... but you'll have to wait for them to come and gas you up!

I ran mine out of gas on purpose but had 2gal of gas on board which I didn't need. I ran out about 100 yards from gas station so I EV it over. 13.86gals is the magic number or 13.09gal on trip gauge. 12.5 on trip is safe, I have done it several times.

#43 OFFLINE   roninsd

roninsd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 504 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • My C-MAX's Color:Sterling Gray
  • Current Vehicle:Sterling Gray C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

I was running on red the other day, "low gas" messages popping up, "18 miles to E".  Wasn't brave enough to keep going.  Turns out (per gauge) that I actually had only run through 11.69 gal. 

#44 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando, CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • My C-MAX's Color:White Platinum
  • Current Vehicle:SEL

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

I was running on red the other day, "low gas" messages popping up, "18 miles to E".  Wasn't brave enough to keep going.  Turns out (per gauge) that I actually had only run through 11.69 gal. 

Don't sweat this Ron, both of us have got way past zero on red and theres still "plenty" of gas left in the tank. It takes a while to get used to the new "balls" when seeing :rant2: .   ;) 

Side issue - whats your diff between your "used" gallons and what you're filling up?

#45 OFFLINE   roninsd

roninsd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 504 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Used gallons: 11.69.

Filled: 12.02.

I've been using the same gas station/nozzles, fast fill to click for every fill-up. I figure the key is consistency.

#46 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

Yeah, that makes good sense. See yours is less, mine is like 0.4 to 0.5, low speed but I do go to the nearest quarter though which might explain my larger diff. 

#47 OFFLINE   roninsd

roninsd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 504 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

Jus, I just noticed that you are also in the 600+ postings club!  :worship:   Something for all of us to aspire to!  Thanks for sharing so much of your experience and ideas -- and humor!  (One more posting for me: I'm getting there!).

• Jus-A-CMax likes this

#48 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

Jus, I just noticed that you are also in the 600+ postings club!  :worship:   Something for all of us to aspire to!  Thanks for sharing so much of your experience and ideas -- and humor!  (One more posting for me: I'm getting there!).

Thanks Ron! You're more than welcome...I didn't even notice, made my night, working on a bunch of appraisal reports at the moment-whatta way to spend Sat night  :nonono:  

However, in my past life, I have done 20,000 postings ...yes, I was a "post-whore" then...but now I am enjoying life instead except when I am stuck to the computer  ;)

Yep...one of the reasons why I like forums better than FB or other social sites, great place to share and care. a more community spirit - long live the CMax!

Edited by Jus-A-CMax, 03 March 2013 - 02:25 AM.

• salsaguy likes this

#49 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

And in the spirit of Roninsd, congratulations to RachelinLA aka SparkyRachel on her 600th post today as well... :rockon:   It's only a question of time before Sparky clocks the 600 miles  :drool:

#50 OFFLINE   RachelnLa

RachelnLa

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLouisiana
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ice Storm
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Whoop whoop. I am a posting beast!

I do hope to follow in yalls footsteps, oh great hyper milers.
  • Jus-A-CMax likes this

#51 OFFLINE   roninsd

roninsd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 504 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Hail the Queen of Posts!  Keep up the prolific verbiage!

#52 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

Brother Mike (a.k.a. mtb9153)

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationS.F. South Bay Area, Ca.
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

on my last tank I took mine down to only 1 mile from empty.  Took more than 12 gallons to refill @ $4.11 per gallon.  Glad this only happens to me once every week.

#53 OFFLINE   DozerBob

DozerBob

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLaguna Hills, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

How about a potential 800 miles per tank. In the second photo in my signature you'll see 58.7 miles driven on .99 gallons. No plugin power was used on this trip. That is what the 0.0 kwh shows. The Energi has a 14 gallon tank. 58.7 miles times 14 gallons gives you exactly 821.8 miles. The possibility is there folks. If you haven't tried my "Surfing" technique yet, why not? It's not like I'm charging for it! The proof is in the photos.  DozerBob

Edited by DozerBob, 10 April 2013 - 08:43 PM.

• hybridbear likes this

#54 OFFLINE   C-Maxgo

C-Maxgo

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 321 posts
  • LocationRoanoke
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL 301A, Premium Audio & Navigation Package, Built on 1/16/13

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Oh this sounds like fun! I just filled up yesterday with a little over 500 miles on mine. I'll check it out this tank so I can join this club.

#55 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

Brother Mike (a.k.a. mtb9153)

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationS.F. South Bay Area, Ca.
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Yea, I've had two tanks in a row with over 600 miles, and both times I put in less than 10 gallons. Over on the Energi forums, the challenge was for a 100mpg tank, and someone got that pretty quickly. The plug and the big battery is a massive game-changer, and I'm loving it.

How in the world do you get 2 tanks in a row at 600 miles?  I have to work my butt off to pull out a 500 miler.  Very interested to know the secret.  Of course it doesn't help me that in the mornings I have the heater at 74 and in the afternoon drive home I have the A/C on.

#56 OFFLINE   MikeB

MikeB

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • My C-MAX's Color:Blue Candy
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

How in the world do you get 2 tanks in a row at 600 miles?

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but now my last two tanks were both over 700 miles, and I had 1/4 of a tank left each time. :)

The secret is to have a very large battery, a charger, and a plug. The C-Max Energi is what I have. I drive all week without starting my engine, and all my gas usage is from weekend trips.

#57 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

How in the world do you get 2 tanks in a row at 600 miles?  I have to work my butt off to pull out a 500 miler.  Very interested to know the secret.  Of course it doesn't help me that in the mornings I have the heater at 74 and in the afternoon drive home I have the A/C on.

mtb - it can be done :)  . I've had 4 tanks in the 600 miles, running on fumes at the end and always carrying a spare 2 gallons in the back. Its a question of terrain, temperature and driving habits. What I find is that I vary between 600 to 612 and I usually have about 25 miles spare before it really goes red line (thanks to ptjones for giving us the threshold). I drive everywhere but I pretty much know my roads which help and I choose my route carefully to take advantage of the terrain. For example to go from San Fernando to Westlake Village - most people will take the 405-101 route. But what I found out is that if I climb a bit to Rocky Peak and then I use Box Canyon I just done one end of the valley (118 to 101) with a full battery at the end as I approach the 101.. Plus Box Canyon is the MOST FUN route to drive with the canyon roads and narrow, tight turns but spectacular views of the Simi Valley and San Fernando valley and very little stop lights. Sometimes going a little way out also improves your MPG but it's your call. I've had posters here flame me for spending too much time over MPGs but its my car and I drive it the way I want and if I want FAST, I can do that and if I want super MPG, I can also do that...what a car! Hope this makes sense.... :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax, 24 March 2013 - 09:57 PM.

• JAZ and salsaguy like this

#58 OFFLINE   RachelnLa

RachelnLa

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

Time for money, or in this case gas! I love drives off the beaten path. I like scenery. I do not like the interstate. If you have the time you can really enjoy trips. I took the scenic route the last two trips. I totally enjoyed the drive. Saw some small towns and did some research on them once I was home.
  • JAZ likes this

#59 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Time for money, or in this case gas! I love drives off the beaten path. I like scenery. I do not like the interstate. If you have the time you can really enjoy trips. I took the scenic route the last two trips. I totally enjoyed the drive. Saw some small towns and did some research on them once I was home.

Post'em up Rachel...  :wub2:  scenic shots  :drool:

#60 OFFLINE   RachelnLa

RachelnLa

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

Well, I am no McGuyver......