Improve the CMax? Your thoughts...

Jus-A-CMax

Let your voice be heard about the improving the CMax!  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see improved in the C-Max?

• MPG performance in the cold
    • MPG performance - other, please elaborate
    • My Ford Touch
    • Interior layout, details & finish
    • Exterior paneling, styling, color, finish, mirrors
    • Wheels / Tires
    • Rear Liftgate
    • Electronics (non MFT), Battery
    • FOB / Remote Start
    • Other - please state.

Improved turning radius

Improved center console storage

Obviously MFT improvements - Better yet Siri integration.

Contacts to Nav integration

More color options

Allow us to program the LED displays with lots more options from our Ford webpage.

Raise the speed on Battery mode to 67MPH.

My two cents worth (in no particular order):

• Displayable tire pressure.
  • Bigger sun visors.
  • Illuminated gear indicator by the shifter.
  • Opening liftgate window.
  • Rear-view camera without navigation.
  • Less grabby brakes.
  • Less instrument glare.
  • Additional right-side-of-the-speedometer display options (e.g. tire pressure).
  • And, obviously, MFT fixes and cold-weather mileage.

Incidentally, MFT vs. navigation should be clearly differentiated.  I have MFT; I do not have navigation.

Edited by Bill-N

I've wanted sun visors with a slide-out panel to cover the whole width of the side windows ever since I started driving (decades ago).

I usually drive with the seat all the way back, and during commutes, the sun is right in that gap, glaring in my eyes.

I don't know if there's some DOT, NTSB, etc. guideline against it, or what.

In my truck, I've taken to putting a utility-pouch-thing on the visor that I can slide further out when I have the visor pivoted.

How about ability to add a 3rd Intelligent Access key-fob without requiring a trip to the dealer.  [in the mean-time, dealers that are trained on how to do it.]

I hate to bring it up, but Ford should look into why grill covers are improving the MPG.

(And I only think the brakes are grabby when they're wet.  Maybe they take longer to break-in because they don't get used much?)

(And I only think the brakes are grabby when they're wet.  Maybe they take longer to break-in because they don't get used much?)

Actually it seems to me that they grab a bit more when first used.  Rather like they need to get warmed-up (regenned?).  Wet brakes, which I've experienced on other vehicles, tend to slip until they dry out.  Especially exciting when only one wheel gets wet!

As far a break in, I have 5500 mi on the C-Max and they still grab a bit when initially used.

Really :wub2:  the car in spite of some "issues."

I want to be able to turn on the HVAC system without instantly kicking in the ICE.

I need to be able to direct air to my windshield without running the ICE.

My window fogs up constantly here in the pacific NW where it is damp and cool but not really *cold*. I just need a teeny tiny bit of airflow in the windshield to prevent it. I don't need defrost or heat or fans, just a vented outside air through the windshield vents is enough to prevent it.

It's impossible to do in the C-Max. The first vehicle I have owned that won't let me turn off the fans and compressor but use the windshield vents.

When I hit power on the HVAC it will turn on the ICE because the HVAC defaults to high fans and whatever temp it was last set to. Heck if I had at least a 10 second "grace period" where I could make adjustments without it turning on the ICE it would be nice - so I can adjust the air temp or vent settings quickly without the need to turn on the ICE.

I hate that it starts with fans on high, and that I have to turn on floor or face vents first before windshield vents or else the ICE turns on.

There was one more idea I had been thinking of and couldn't remember, but now I do. An "eco-heat" setting on the climate control where it will only give as much heat as it can without turning on the ICE. If the engine cools from extended EV mode in low speed driving, the fan speed will drop until it's warm enough again.

There was one more idea I had been thinking of and couldn't remember, but now I do. An "eco-heat" setting on the climate control where it will only give as much heat as it can without turning on the ICE. If the engine cools from extended EV mode in low speed driving, the fan speed will drop until it's warm enough again.

One thing the Ford engineer said in 'Lunch Date' Fusion video was that the way to heat yourself up using the LEAST amount of power was to use the seat heaters only, no fans.  I can't remember if the seats are heated by the ICE or electric motor, you can watch the video and see what he says.

One thing the Ford engineer said in 'Lunch Date' Fusion video was that the way to heat yourself up using the LEAST amount of power was to use the seat heaters only, no fans.  I can't remember if the seats are heated by the ICE or electric motor, you can watch the video and see what he says.

I've been using the heated seats instead of the climate control since I got the car and discovered that the engine shut off as soon as you turn off the heat. The seats are not quite enough when the temperature is in the single digits or colder.

Add me to the list of people who would like more options for the right-side display, especially for the SE without MyFord Touch. Switching from leaves to compass was one of the first things I did after I got the car in October and even the compass is annoying.

Things that would be nice to see on the right-side display, even in a non-touch car:
1. Same options as left-side so more ICE/EV info can be displayed
2. Actual tire pressure
3. Entertainment (station/song/album/etc)
4. Climate Control
5. Navigation (When using Services or Apps)

It would also be nice to be able to use the steering wheel arrow/ok controls for more than just the screen menus.

Voice-control for climate settings would be nice on the non-touch as well. The manual controls are so far down that you have to take your eyes pretty far off the road to adjust anything.

Lack of a spare tire is also an issue for me. I have a long commute starting next week and would hate to have to wait for a tow if I had a flat that couldn't be fixed with the can of fix-a-flat and compressor. An option for a spare and a way to secure it, along with a jack and wrench, would be appreciated.

Other than these relatively minor issues, I really like this car!

Edited by raymond963

Just went out by myself to run a few errands.  After driving for about 20 minutes, I noticed that the front passenger seat heater had not been turned off during or at the end of our last drive.  How about tying the passenger seat heater to the same sensor that deactivates the front passenger seat airbags when the front passenger seat is unoccupied?  No passenger in front passenger seat, no power drawn by front passenger seat heater even if the switch is not at zero.

The passenger seat in my SE will heat with the seat unoccupied, I tested it a few weeks ago. That's how I learned that the seat backs and bottoms are both heated, I felt them with my hand. Before I did that, I couldn't stand to have the heat on long enough for the seat back heater to be felt through my coat, so I assumed only the bottom cushion was heated. Even on 1 the seat bottom gets too hot for me.

Voice-control for climate settings would be nice on the non-touch as well. The manual controls are so far down that you have to take your eyes pretty far off the road to adjust anything.

Don't the Sync voice commands work with the climate settings if you don't have MyFordTouch?  I have it, and the commands work with it.