Improve the CMax? Your thoughts...

Jus-A-CMax

Let your voice be heard about the improving the CMax!  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see improved in the C-Max?

• MPG performance in the cold
    • MPG performance - other, please elaborate
    • My Ford Touch
    • Interior layout, details & finish
    • Exterior paneling, styling, color, finish, mirrors
    • Wheels / Tires
    • Rear Liftgate
    • Electronics (non MFT), Battery
    • FOB / Remote Start
    • Other - please state.

My List

Pwr passerger seat (i was told I had one)

Two settings for drivers seat

Better screen control GPS is not as user friendly as my magellan

I'd like to see adapative cruise control( again told by my dealer it came on my car) it did not.

Adjustments for steering and tele a scope.

coin holder

lighting for PRNDL

I'm living in the south but better MPG for the northern people in cold weather a must.

And then the new 2018 'Carbon' model - carbon fiber body, nex gen battery, 63 mpg hybrid version, 150 mpg Energi II version, ejector seat with parachute.............

Sorry, could not resist, Nick     ( Hmm, I wonder how much time Alan M. spends with his old pals at Boeing talking tech?)

(That 'C' version will be too rich for us; just hoping our 'simple' C-Max will last for a good 15 yrs)

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

I'm guessing the original poster meant being able to open the back window when parked-- that's how I took it.   Not sure about 21st century Explorers, but I could open the back window of my '95 Explorer while the liftgatge was closed-- came in handy more than once.

I really miss the rear window that could open when the lift gate was closed like I had on our 06 Poniac Vibe. I could put long things in and they would only stick out the window.

Plastic on the back of the back seats and cargo space would be nice for easy clean up. We really use our car... it is more that a "show piece" :-)

Don't the Sync voice commands work with the climate settings if you don't have MyFordTouch?  I have it, and the commands work with it. 

Unfortunately, no. I realize you get what you pay for, SE vs SEL and no added options, but with Sync with MyFord, the right side display and controls are virtually worthless. All I can ever see on the right is the "efficiency leaves" or the compass that only indicates 8 compass points, N NE E SE etc. It's not an accurate or fluid display, but the compass is more useful than the leaves.

Changes:

The HVAC control round knobs are almost impossible to turn being smooth and short. Make them longer or put knurlling on them like on the Escape.

The seats are a little too short for leg support.

The console between the seats is narrow and deep. We can only use it for a small box of tissues.

Additions:

Auto-lock as you leave the car.

BLISS - us older folks would like this.

Rear heated seats.

Cooled front seats. I have these in my F150 and love them.

Reclining rear seats.

Overall the car is great for what we got it for. Will buy another.

Most of my peeves have been mentioned. Per my recent post, I would like to have the ability to change the MFT screen to a wallpaper or screen saver mode. Don't want or need a quadrant to tell me the direction or that my phone is the tone sync'd. My wallpaper is more soothing to see on a glance!

1)   Eco-heat.

2)  12V battery status (for obvious reasons).

3)  Solar battery maintainer (for airport parking).

4)  20% increase in high voltage battery capacity.

5)  It is great to see exactly how much you can push until the ICE comes on, but how about something mechanical so that I don't have to stare at my gauge?  A left foot pedal for electric or a sticking point in the regular pedal.  Probably difficult to implement and maybe I'd hate it in the end, but they should work on it.

i get so jealous when I see power folding mirrors!! our garage is very narrow so every in and out requires folding and unfolding. not terrible, except those days when i forget to unfold and don't realize it til I'm on the road! then it's arrgghhhhh!

Yeah pomtrey, I told the Ford engineers about that - especially SEL, if its not included, its a worthy option to have. I totally luv the folding mirrors in my Jaguar as well and I totally miss it.

Oh since it got hot here in Los Angeles, 84F today, my AC was on and I had to sit there waiting at the clients, I'll add a wishlist of COOLING seats. 

Watch, summer will be here and those leather seats will be all sweaty...ugh.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I might love a retro kit to convert/replace our panorama roof into/with a solar panel for passive charging.  I would assume this might be more appropriate for the Energi, but I would love to have charging potential for the Hybrid.  Probably cost prohibitive.  Nick

Cool idea.  On a related (solar) topic, I would love to have a solar powered ventilator fan that functions to keep the interior of the parked car cooler in summer.  The (I hate to say it) Prius has this as an option.

On some previous vehicles I have used a small aftermarket solar powered fan that cost about $20.    The solar panel was about a two or three inch square.  This works the best in cars that have rear windows with straight sides and nice sharp near 90 degree angles at the top corner of the glass.  When the vehicle design met these criteria, the fan would keep the interior temp at around the outside temp and the AC ducts contained similar temp air, not superheated air.   I will try this on my C-Max when it gets a little hotter here in NC, but I am not too optimistic the rear windows look to have too much of an angle to them.

I think the C-Max is pretty awesome, and for the price, it has more bells and whistles than any car I've ever had. 

But would be nice to have:

HID headlights

LED parking and tail lights, pretty much every bulb LED besides the HID headlights.

Memory driver's seat

Better quality carpet

Solar panel on roof for fan/charging battery

Digital MPH, MPG, and 12 Volt display

Heads up display

• 1 month later...

Two additional improvements:

• I'd like to be able to shift from drive to neutral without pushing the button thus making smooth stops easier (avoids the lurch at the end).
  • Optionally have the rear proximity alarm work in neutral as well as reverse.

Okay Bill you have lost me with your first point.  Why do you shift from drive to neutral when stopping?  And I have never had any lurching with changing gears.