Improve the CMax? Your thoughts...

Jus-A-CMax

Let your voice be heard about the improving the CMax!  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see improved in the C-Max?

• MPG performance in the cold
    • MPG performance - other, please elaborate
    • My Ford Touch
    • Interior layout, details & finish
    • Exterior paneling, styling, color, finish, mirrors
    • Wheels / Tires
    • Rear Liftgate
    • Electronics (non MFT), Battery
    • FOB / Remote Start
    • Other - please state.

here is the thread for the shelf in the glove box:

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2284-stuff-doesnt-fall-off-my-glove-box-shelf-anymore/?do=findComment&comment=23579

There is a cure for number 8.  Look for the thread.  We have a generous member who is making a little shelf add-on that a lot of people like.

Edited by salsaguy

I didn't read the whole thread, butbdidntbsee this one, I would like to see some insulation in the upper compartment for your glasses. I have had my Energi for a couple of weeks and my glasses are very hot after the car has been in the sun. Of course I am in the Houston area where the temps are near 100.

• 2 months later...

Put LED DRL's around the headlights, it's a matter of safety!

Make a set of chrome side roof rails for the C Max like on the Escape. They would look great.

Allow the bigger C Max from Europe to be sold in the U.S. it would give us more storage space.

I'll think a little more about it, and come back.

xphotoguy.  ;)

I think the Grand C-Max has rails, and a removable center tot seat; not to mention tot/mom/dad friendly doors.  Probably not convertible to hybrid though - no room for a big lithium battery.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=grand+C-Max+video&qpvt=grand+C-Max+video&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=7630CED326A9F29636E07630CED326A9F29636E0

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=grand+C-Max+video&qpvt=grand+C-Max+video&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=EA2F40A0373DAE8F1839EA2F40A0373DAE8F1839

Edited by C-MaxSea

• 1 month later...

I'll add two items:

1. Please show the gear selected AT the gear selector. Unless you happen to stop with your wheels straight ahead the steering wheel blocks the dash display making gear selection a guessing game!

2. This is a big one. I suggest that the behavior of the automatic rear hatch be completely changed. While the foot under the bumper is cute , it is inconvenient if not dangerous for short people who have to get too close the activate  the hatch. (Ask my wife who now hates it after being hit in the head by the hatch.) This is how it should work. When you approach the rear of the C-Max and get within key-fob rage the C-max should (using the same technology used in laser levels) paint a bright yellow line on the ground indicating where it is safe to stand. Stay in range, but in the safe zone and the laser line should over ten seconds change from left to right from yellow to red, indicating a count down. Move out of range before 10 seconds and nothing happens. Stay still until the safety line turns red and the hatch will open, missing you because your behind the safety line. No need to do the auto hatch dance or risk being hit by the hatch to get it to open!

Oh Just thought of a third:

3. Give us memory seats like in the Edge.

Edited by pg13

2. This is a big one. I suggest that the behavior of the automatic rear hatch be completely changed. While the foot under the bumper is cute , it is inconvenient if not dangerous for short people who have to get too close the activate  the hatch. (Ask my wife who now hates it after being hit in the head by the hatch.)

If anything, the hatch is too sloooooooow.  

digital instant mpg - I use "torque" android app and bluetooth obd for this right now, and lots more info, including 12v battery voltage (though I've never had a problem)

cloth seats for 303A

voice notify outside temp is lower than AC setting

don't count mpg while parked and engine on

increase size / boldness of font of speed limit sign in right screen, I use that daily

Give us Applink! We paid more and you took it away? WTF

more storage spots

seat heater less power (think that's coming, the engineers asked if we'd like that...)

factory tinted windows

dimming side mirrors

AC seats like lincoln has

adaptive cruise control

sunvisors that cover the whole side window

longer, softer seats

Edited by MacGyver

I didn't read the whole thread, butbdidntbsee this one, I would like to see some insulation in the upper compartment for your glasses. I have had my Energi for a couple of weeks and my glasses are very hot after the car has been in the sun. Of course I am in the Houston area where the temps are near 100.

most dollar stores have craft foam as thin as 1/16", some with sticky backing, you could insulate the thing yourself by cutting paper templates, then using those as a guide to cut the foam insulation.

Edited by MacGyver

how about just having your wife press the button on the fob to open the hatch and stay safe??

2. This is a big one. I suggest that the behavior of the automatic rear hatch be completely changed. While the foot under the bumper is cute , it is inconvenient if not dangerous for short people who have to get too close the activate  the hatch. (Ask my wife who now hates it after being hit in the head by the hatch.) This is how it should work. When you approach the rear of the C-Max and get within key-fob rage the C-max should (using the same technology used in laser levels) paint a bright yellow line on the ground indicating where it is safe to stand. Stay in range, but in the safe zone and the laser line should over ten seconds change from left to right from yellow to red, indicating a count down. Move out of range before 10 seconds and nothing happens. Stay still until the safety line turns red and the hatch will open, missing you because your behind the safety line. No need to do the auto hatch dance or risk being hit by the hatch to get it to open!

Hey, what is going on at Consumer Reports?  Earlier in the year they preliminaryly rated the C-Max at 87, as I recall, higher than the Prius, and in this month's issue they put it in last place in the Hybrid class for reliability!  I find it hard to believe that Ford's earlier issues with the My Ford Touch and SYNC software would so severely effect their overall rating of this great car!  The recent software updates have totally fixed all of my SYNC and Touch issues and, mechanically, the car has been almost flawless.  The handling, power and fit and finish are far superior to anything that Prius offers.  In fact, after the mileage software update, the MPG is actually rated a mile or two above the Prius V.   What more can they expect?  Any thoughts, anyone...anyone?

Hey, what is going on at Consumer Reports?  Earlier in the year they preliminaryly rated the C-Max at 87, as I recall, higher than the Prius, and in this month's issue they put it in last place in the Hybrid class for reliability!  I find it hard to believe that Ford's earlier issues with the My Ford Touch and SYNC software would so severely effect their overall rating of this great car!  The recent software updates have totally fixed all of my SYNC and Touch issues and, mechanically, the car has been almost flawless.  The handling, power and fit and finish are far superior to anything that Prius offers.  In fact, after the mileage software update, the MPG is actually rated a mile or two above the Prius V.   What more can they expect?  Any thoughts, anyone...anyone?

Generalbeluga -

Good to hear from you!

The CR overall score and the CR reliability rating are two different things.

Overall score --

"The overall score for a tested model is based on CR's results from more than 50 tests and evaluations. You can easily see how its overall score compares with the "Highest" and "Lowest" rated vehicles in its category."

"Formal testing is done at the track and on surrounding public roads. The evaluation regimen consists of more than 50 individual tests. Some are objective, instrumented track tests using state-of-the-art electronic gear that yield empirical findings. Some are subjective evaluations-jury tests done by the experienced engineering staff."

Reliability rating --

See   http://www.consumerr...ories/index.htm   for CR's explanation of its "Reliability" ratings system.

Note they say "Models that score a blob_1.gif are not necessarily unreliable, but have a higher rate of problems than the average model. Similarly, models that score blob_5.gif are not necessarily problem-free, but had relatively few problems compared with other models."

They also say, "Consumer Reports subscribers reported on any serious problems they had with their vehicles during the past 12 months that they considered serious because of cost, failure, safety, or downtime, in any of the trouble spots included in the table below."

Sincerely

"Ferris Bueller"  

We've had some pretty harsh criticism of CR in several threads, let this be a lesson to you.

DO NOT mess with the holly word of :worship:  CONsumer Reports.

Take a look at the You Tube I posted on pg 1 post 14.

"Ford C-max least reliable car in America (Says CR)"

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/3103-ford-c-max-least-reliable-car-in-america-says-cr/?hl=%22consumer+reports%22

wab

• 2 weeks later...

why in the world would you put on super inefficient roof rails that steal your mpgs on a hybrid car!!?? totally counterproductive.

Because you want to carry 4 bicycles at a time and the riders to go with them and need to fork mount them.  Or a cargo box.  I got the Cmax because it's a small wagon with good performance and made in the US-- the other car I was looking at was the Subaru Impreza Sport.  The Cmax is a little bigger, and at least assembled in the US, and costs about the same for a similarly equipped car.  The hybrid gas mileage is just a nice bonus feature for me (the AWD Impreza is a FWD for most driving anyway)

So yes, I'd like roof rails, too (real ones, not decorations), or at least fixed points for towers underneath the gutter covers (the euro version has them).  I have a ton of yakima mounts that only work on round bars, and they'd be expensive to replace with mounts for square or aero bars (Thule makes a fit kit for the Cmax, Yakima doesn't yet).

I'd also like a removable aux battery with the capacity of the Energi battery.  For the commute that I'm doing for a while, I'd like to have more electric time, but for my normal use case (the commute should go away in 6 months or so) I want the cargo volume of the hybrid.

Edited by chrisl