600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

attachicon.gifIMG-20130804-00011.jpg

Well I made it!  I wasn't really trying.  I was just being lazy and not wanting to get gas, when I realized that I was very close to 600 miles.  So I kept going just for fun.

:congrats: updated the Post#1 and welcome to the Club! Might I suggest you put your Trip computers into the Enhanced mode and we can get the gallons used and MPG, next time...as you did this easy, I think you can break into the 700+ club given your fuel level.... :drool:

So, if you just ignore that little 174kWh bit, I'm well over 1,000 miles on this last tank.

I think if Ford gave the regular CMax a rechargeability option with the existing battery capacity, I think some of us should post some pretty high numbers.

Interestingly, if you compare your screenshot against my "Journey to 800+" thread, you are running EV at 72% vs 79%-80% that I got with that tank.

I think the EnergiBoyz are playing in the 2,500 Mile Clubs vs our 600+ Mile Club also.

Nonetheless, nice one MikeB :rockon:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Interestingly, if you compare your screenshot against my "Journey to 800+" thread, you are running EV at 72% vs 79%-80% that I got with that tank.

Well, it's very much an all-or-nothing thing for me. Either I'm 100% EV in town, or I'm on a highway trip going fast and running mostly on gas. You're getting your great numbers by sticking to slower speeds and avoiding the high speed stuff entirely, which means you alternate between gas and EV on a minute by minute basis. But I think what that really means is that we both chose a good vehicle for our driving needs.

My first entry into the 600+Mile club:

9497441438_b4e73c860e.jpg

I took this immediately before I filled up 12.91 gal, although I topped off this tank and didn't top off the last one.  Same gas station.  E10, unfortunately... I can't seem to find E0 anywhere here in MA.  This is my third fill-up (car had 550mi when I bought it, from being transferred all over creation).  This tank is all post-13B07, and had a ~250mi 70mph road trip.

Time to work on the 700+Mile club... :)

Edited by CMax-Traveler

With the 2014, we may have to start noting if the Club Members are 2013 or later models - given the aerodynamic improvements being done by Ford for the 14 over the 13s.

Unless you guys want a separate list for the 14s? Open for discussion but we don't have to worry about it until Dec13/Jan14 onward anyway...

Jus a heads up :)

Jus, I will be in line for those mods ASAP, provided they make them retro to us and they give us a price break for being EAs.  Sure hope they continue to take good care of us.  Ecstatic about the $550.  Nick  PS  like you said, plenty of time - perhaps just an asterisk on 13s, or just noting the year going forward.

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

Way to go Adair & JellyBean!  And a check for $550 too!  Nice day!  :yahoo:

A "way to go" from Virginia as well! :victory:

(About the check, I just hope there isn't this fine print that says "FordCmaxHybridForum 600+ Club Members are exempt from receiving a check".  When I told my wife, she said I wouldn't get one!) :cry:

email the picture to yourself. Then upload it to Flickr and share from there.

Just hit my first 600 mile marker ever. Filled up the tank last Monday after the control module update and WOW first tank with 600 + miles on a single tank. I'm officially in the club

600.2 miles
295.9 EV
48.5 MPG
12.35 gal

Wish I could post pics from my iPhone

on my SECOND tank of gas, I was able to achieve the 600 milestone. I live in a rural area, thus no city and minimal interstate driving on this tank. i used non ethynol regular gas at about $3.41/gal vs 3.30 for ethy. regular.

90 % of my driving was in rolling hill ...(some pretty steep) country of southwest virginia with a couple of trips thrown in along the blueridge parkway in some pretty severe inclines and decents . almost no freeway or city driving. since we are experiencing unusual mild weather for summer, i used ac about 50% of time. as you can see, i cut it pretty close on running out of gas, but the trip 1 gage helped reassure me that i could make it to the station. second thoughts creeped in while viewing the trip one gallons used and calculating how many miles i had left to use .... i kept questioning whether i had truly filled the tank up to its max. at the last fillup.

following the experience shared here, i don't understand all the issue re mpg. i clearly beat the epa 47 on this tank and the only BIG change I have had to make is to be patient ( stay at second ICE mark or below)  when using the gas pedal to climb grades ...yet be mindful of other traffic...which isn't easy on two lane rural roads. 

next i will tackle the interstate and see what i achieve there. 

I am so happy with this car and so thankful for the sharing of experience by others on the forum.

finally named her two ..."Jolene"...

post-1106-0-03077300-1376690608_thumb.jpg

post-1106-0-13862000-1376690614_thumb.jpg

If I had been a little more patient and/or more willing to go without air conditioning I might have made it:

IMAG0825_zps140a30c3.jpg

I thought I only had about half a gallon left. Should have re-Googled the fuel capacity. The update was made about halfway through the tank so the next tank should be a breeze :D

A "way to go" from Virginia as well! :victory:

(About the check, I just hope there isn't this fine print that says "FordCmaxHybridForum 600+ Club Members are exempt from receiving a check". When I told my wife, she said I wouldn't get one!) :cry:

lol

Y'all should get another check for $550 in exchange for a testimonial in a commercial

Alright, stupid question time ... when I go to my TRIP displays I don't have the MPG or gallons of gas used?  Is there a setting I need to change??  I want in on the 600+ Club and need to make sure I can prove it!!

EDIT:   NEVERMIND ... I just went out in the garage and figured out the Trip display ... d'oh!

BTW - This morning on a short trip (about 9 miles one way) I noticed the trip summary said I averaged 49.9 MPG.  I've barely had the vehicle for a week and already got a small trip at close to 50 MPG!!  I was pretty excited about that!

Edited by MI C-max