600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

you need to start entering your mpg and fill ups data at fuelly.com

12.99 gallons, I know I could have gone further to over 13 but next gas station was 11 miles down the road and didn't want to chance it..

12.99 gallons, I know I could have gone further to over 13 but next gas station was 11 miles down the road and didn't want to chance it..

Well I just crossed the 350 mile mark on my current tank of gas (1st full non-vacation tank since the update) and I've burned 6.56 gallons of gas, good for 53.3 mpg.  I'm a little shy of where I need to be to hit the 700 mile mark on this tank unless I can pick it up a little, it didn't help that I drove up to my friend's house with my girlfriend Friday night and she required the air conditioning the whole way up, it's a 70 mile round trip at highway speeds.

Even if I don't hit 700 I should have no problem breaking my previous best, 647 miles at 51.4 mpg.  The update definitely seems to have helped me!

you need to start entering your mpg and fill ups data at fuelly.com

pt Jones, are you topping off when you fill up your tank?

If you click on my  Fuelly Icon it will take you my Fuelly post.  I only top off if I think there is a possibly of getting a new record. topping off gains anywhere from .1 to .5gal at the most.

post-872-0-89015800-1378175584_thumb.jpgHi Jus,

Not a seven hundred miler but closer.  Chickened out again.  Just had the update for the mileage and when I filled up it said 735 to empty.  So I might brave it this time!!!  I have a question for any one who has ran out of gas.  Is it hard to start back up once out of gas or does it run on ev mode or what happens once you put gas back in?  I'm thinking of taking a spare gallon or two with me next time to try for 700 mile club.  Thanks anyone who has input on this.

attachicon.gifHPIM0295.JPGHi Jus,

Not a seven hundred miler but closer.  Chickened out again.  Just had the update for the mileage and when I filled up it said 735 to empty.  So I might brave it this time!!!  I have a question for any one who has ran out of gas.  Is it hard to start back up once out of gas or does it run on ev mode or what happens once you put gas back in?  I'm thinking of taking a spare gallon or two with me next time to try for 700 mile club.  Thanks anyone who has input on this.

Woah....you did even let the paint dry on ptjones' name on the 1st place 600 Mile Club...so :congrats:  #1. Post #1 updated.

Yep, definitely carry a spare tank if you are going to gun for the 700 club. Not easy is it? ;)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

By the way, we have 38 members who posted 600+ miles, 2 more for your 40th! Lets see if we can hit 50 drivers by the end of the year...thats a tough one given it will be winter soon and the winter blend fuels are coming back.

Ah yes.....Consumer Report is SO RIGHT, our CMaxs cannot do 47MPG - after all, didn't we all did this with their 38MPG :airquote:  tested...they buy the same car as we all did. Right? CR is God :drop:

:stirpot:

PS yes, I have a passionate dislike of CR which is why I so much :flirt:  destroying, nuking, vaporizing...atomizing the Consumer Report CMax MPG figure.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Our dealer purchased our first tank of fuel for us when we took delivery of our car on August 24th.  We hadn't heard about this forum yet and did not set the trip meter, but it looks like we may just break 600 miles on our very first tank.  My wife and I are thrilled to say the least.  Is it possible for us to join the 600+ club, if we make it, without the screenshot.  Or rather, can we send a screen shot showing total miles on the car?  Our mileage at delivery was documented by the dealer and we can calculate actual mpg.

Anyway, this is our very first new car and we are very happy.  We were expecting the mileage Consumer Reports reported, but according to our info screen we are averaging around 46 mpg.  So far, the C-Max has exceeded our expectations in every way.

Our dealer purchased our first tank of fuel for us when we took delivery of our car on August 24th.  We hadn't heard about this forum yet and did not set the trip meter, but it looks like we may just break 600 miles on our very first tank.  My wife and I are thrilled to say the least.  Is it possible for us to join the 600+ club, if we make it, without the screenshot.  Or rather, can we send a screen shot showing total miles on the car?  Our mileage at delivery was documented by the dealer and we can calculate actual mpg.

Anyway, this is our very first new car and we are very happy.  We were expecting the mileage Consumer Reports reported, but according to our info screen we are averaging around 46 mpg.  So far, the C-Max has exceeded our expectations in every way.

ScubaDad did something similar....post it up on here and we'll take a look at it.

There are many posts and threads here about Consumer Reports and many of us have SERIOUS ISSUES with their :airquote:  unbiased reporting. Does CR sell bridges to nowhere as well? If you have time, go take sometime and scour the many threads and posts here...some are very funny.

Anyway, I digress..welcome to the forum, 2nd post and you're already claiming the 600+ Mile Club....way to go :)

PS Post #1 always contain the Honor Roll.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

"There are many posts and threads here about Consumer Reports and many of us have SERIOUS ISSUES with their :airquote:  unbiased reporting. Does CR sell bridges to nowhere as well? If you have time, go take sometime and scour the many threads and posts here...some are very funny."

It is actually because of the March 2013 Consumer Reports issue that the C-Max came to our attention.  Their favorable asessments of "ride, handling, quiet interior" and "drivers sit up high" generated enough curiousity to get us to the dealer for a test drive.  We would be perfectly happy with CR's 37 mpg average given everything else this car offers.  Luckily, we are currently exceeding this.  After our winter weather arrives and we add snow tires, 37 mpg may end up being closer to an annual average for us.

i think you meant you DON'T top off if you might not a record as a larger number in the denominator (gals) means a lower mpg value.

If you click on my  Fuelly Icon it will take you my Fuelly post.  I only top off if I think there is a possibly of getting a new record. topping off gains anywhere from .1 to .5gal at the most.

I just got over 600 miles on my last tank of gas in my C-Max Hybrid!

Congrats Chris!! I tried to add you to the OP but the editing function isn't working for me right now. May be because I'm at work :). I will add you later tonite unless Jus gets to it first.

Way to go!!!