24 Hour Test Drive = Buyer?

ScubaDadMiami

My car was built in mid-march (3.5.1) and has had basically zero issues (had to reconnect my iPhone 4s once) so I wouldn't stress over anything with your now latest build date.  I'd suggest you relax, breathe deeply, and enjoy your new ride. :happy feet:   Plenty of time for all the other stuff.  Don't forget to register on syncmyride.com too once you're an official owner.   :rockon:

Oh, and also don't forget to look for the high price cup holder divider before you leave the dealership!   :drool:

Edited by fotomoto

I am certainly going to check and ask about the kick operated liftgate to make sure that this is with the latest update, since it sounds like that resolution has just come out.  Maybe my build date, April 29, already has this.  That would be great.

Yes, the cup holder divider is on the list, which I now know about, thanks to this Forum!

I added the strip of tinting across the windscreen and it is really dark.  I don't like it, but it has become a necessity.  I'm 5'4", and my morning and afternoon commute put me directly in line with sun-at-an-angle.  The visors are way too small to be of any help.  I would prefer to not have that strip, but it has helped, for sure.  (I'm in Orlando).

Well, I am just waiting for the call that lets me know that the CMAX is at the dealership.  The ETA is May 13!  :) I sure hope it arrives on time.

Once I placed my order, I started doing things to get ready for the big day.  I ordered a mounting kit for my radar detector.  I still can't decide about just where I am going to put my phone.  So, I have held off on ordering that until I see just how much or how little I am going to be needing to access it.

Meanwhile, I keep reading here on the Forum.  Thanks for so many helpful suggestions, everyone!  :worship: Because of the great information I have found here, I now know to ask about various versions and updates on pick up day, and I hope that I can get any updates done then and there, if any are needed.

I have watched all of the videos, and I am finishing up reading the owner's manual.  I registered on the Ford website, as soon as I got my VIN.

I have decided to tint the windows, but I am still not completely sure of just what I am going to do in that regard.  I may go with privacy tint to the rear, and something less than that in the two front windows.  I have not decided on whether to add a strip across the top of the wind screen, but I am leaning against doing this unless it is really necessary. We get disgustingly hot summers in Miami.  So, I need something functional, but I also want something that will look good, or at least not look bad.

I have saved the site to get the LED puddle lights, and will probably go with some for the license plate lighting, too.  I would have already ordered these, but I am waiting until I can order enough to get free shipping before I pull that trigger.

I hope that I have thought of everything, or at least have done enough to get ready for when "that call" comes!  I hope it won't be long!  :drool:  :shift:

" I ordered a mounting kit for my radar detector."

I looked at the radar mount and don't think it will fit, because of the rain sensor???

When THEY get here let us know how your mods work out.

When I finish the LED's I'm going get a "shark fin" or revisit HIDs.

Got a status update, and I am awaiting further details before I fully understand it.  So, I'll tell you what I know, and I'll let you know my speculation, and I'll distinguish which is which.

Just to recap, my Order Date was March 29, and my Build Date was April 29.  The ETA was originally six to eight weeks, but that was narrowed to about six weeks, as of the Build Date, which would have made an ETA of May 13, yesterday. 

I called my dealer yesterday, and they said that they would get their weekly order status report from Ford today.  They called today, having received the report.  The report shows a status of Hold for Quality Control.  (Normally, expected status would show the date that the C-MAX was put on a train for shipment.)  I am to receive more information tomorrow concerning the details behind the reported status.

Here is my hopeful speculation.  Perhaps there are updates and the like being installed (like the liftgate update), and my new C-MAX will arrive without the few issues that have been reported.  This would mean that Ford is responding to any reported problems, which is a good thing.

Of course, I am deeply saddened by the delays.  This would have been easier on me had I not adjusted my expectation of delivery to the six week time frame instead of the eight week time frame that I had originally expected.  Nonetheless, it will be better in the long run for any little issues to get addressed before leaving the factory.  So, I will do my best to remain positive.  :sad:

So, I will do my best to remain positive.   :sad:

Ahhh ScubaDad! I appreciate your positive attitude.............but ....... I know how hard it is to wait. However, you have the right idea....this extra time is going to iron out all the wrinkles and make for smooth sailing once your new ride arrives. 

Keep us posted on any updates! We're all hoping along with you.

Got another update, and clarification on that "Hold for Quality Control."

Apparently, that hold is for QC testing.  Ford routinely pulls assembled vehicles for in-depth testing to assure that the current run is going properly, and mine was tested accordingly.  I think that this is a good thing.  Hopefully, clearing QC should mean that I will have fewer issues after delivery.

The really big news is that the latest report shows that my CMAX is at the rail yard, ready for dispatch!  :yahoo: This means that it is not yet loaded, but it is at the rail station.  At this point, I am told that delivery ETA is 7 to 10 days!  :woot:

FINALLY!  My new C-MAX arrived at the dealer!  :yahoo: They will likely have it prepped (depends on if able to do the tinting) for delivery as soon as tomorrow!

Just a few more steps to go!

So:

My Order Placed: March 28, 2013

Order Placed by Dealer: March 29

Build Date: April 29

Delivery to Dealer: May 24

I'll let you know when I finally get to bring it home!  Hooray! :woot:  :shift:

FINALLY!  My new C-MAX arrived at the dealer!  :yahoo: They will likely have it prepped (depends on if able to do the tinting) for delivery as soon as tomorrow!

Just a few more steps to go!

So:

My Order Placed: March 28, 2013

Order Placed by Dealer: March 29

Build Date: April 29

Delivery to Dealer: May 24

I'll let you know when I finally get to bring it home!  Hooray! :woot:  :shift:

I know it seemed like FOREVER!! But now, just in time for a long weekend of getting to know your new car!! Have fun, don't forget to write, send pix, etc!

Tinting is getting done today.  I could have picked up my new C-MAX tomorrow, but, given the holiday weekend, I told my rep that I would pick it up whatever time would work best for him, since he was supposed to be off for the whole weekend, and since he is willing to come make my delivery during this time.  So, instead of picking up tomorrow, I will pick up on Monday.  This will give me time to arrange for turning in my rental at a different location.  So, it really doesn't bother me too much.

There is one decision I have to make:  We discussed the liftgate TSB.  Not sure if my vehicle will have the latest version or not--Build Date April 29, 2013.  He can have it done for me, if it has not yet already been done during the install at the factory.  However, that will mean that I will then have to schedule pick up for Tuesday.  On the other hand, my vehicle was pulled for a Quality Control test, which likely means that they tested everything before sending it off.

I am off of work on Monday.  So, that works well.  Picking up on Tuesday will really crowd my schedule.  So, I am going back and forth about getting the liftgate update done now.  I mean, I am already waiting until Monday.  I just don't think I can hold out much longer!  For all I know, maybe the liftgate has the latest programming.

Almost there!  :drool:

Yippee!! You are sooooooooooooo ready for this. Look at all the info you've absorbed over the past months! You have such an advantage over those who don't know about this forum when they pick up their cars!

Can't wait to hear your first impressions!

And pix, of course!!!

Most likely all that info absorbed will go out the window once they get in it and just want to DRIVE it and have fun and cruise, cruise with the tunes blairing and stomp on it at all the lights :) hence the 38 mpg

:)

but dont worry we wont tell. its understandable in such a cool new car