3.5.1......Anyone? Anyone?

I've heard that the 2013-born C-MAXs are coming with the upgrade already installed. :)

Has anyone who took ownership of their car before 2013 been able to get the upgrade?

Have you asked about it? And if so, what was the dealership response?

I've called my dealership and they act like they have no idea what I'm talking about. I just got a call back from they, saying that they ran my VIN # and there were  *no recalls* on my car. I didn't call about a recall, but about an upgrade chip.

Our build date is 01/14/2013 BUT I can't get a vehicle report because my phone thinks it's still in Colorado, for 2 years.

Is their another way to get the software version?

We've had zero GPS,SYNC,CLOCK,MFT or BATTERY problems @ 1800 miles.

I can't kick the hatch or lock the doors, wife can???

wab

Edited by wab

I think everything built before 1/15/13 has teh old stuff. Mine was built on 1/8 and it has the old firmware and map A3. Bad GPMS too....

Here's the latest on my saga, after they replace the GPMS (unit in the antenna, I think).

Okay, interesting results from driving all around Ohio this weekend:

I headed South to the Cambridge area (100 miles) and the Navigation system worked flawlessly!

From there I went to Massillon, and everything worked fine.

From Massillon I went north from I-71 into Strongsville.

At 303 & 71 I started having the same problem, Navigation Loading... but seemed to recover ok

The next day I successfully computed a route from Strongsville to New London, which is about 50 miles east

On the way to New London the map went back into Navigation Loading… until I got a little ways out of Strongsville. Then it recovered and worked fine

From New London back into Strongsville everything worked fine until I got close to Strongsville…. Navigation Loading….

This morning Leaving Strongsville heading east into work, the map immediately rebooted and went into Navigation loading until I got at the same spot approaching I-77, then everything worked perfectly

The only conclusion I can come to is that the Strongsville area is haunted.

Or possibly something may be corrupt in my A3 map, I think.

I have approached Strongsville from the East, West and South. Outside of that area everything works fine.

At least the car's poistion  is displayed properly on the map now

Mine has a build date in November and has the navigation problem. I have been bugging the dealership about it and asked about the 3.5.1 update. I was told that until it shows up on oasis "for my specific cmax" there is nothing they can do about it. They couldn't even give me an ETA. I would assume that since it is coming installed on the new ones it shouldn't be too far off. Then again you know what they say about assumptions.

Well my TSB update for the NAV was a POS...it took me to the wrong direction and then decided to "give up". My partner who has a Fusion hybrid is also having similar "la la land" Nav issues and he's p*ssed. I dropped 2 calls to Galpin to my service manager and he's not returned my calls yet...I'll go bug him tomorrow or his manager. I want this 3.5.1 as I am getting sick of these Nav issues...I only have so much patience....

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Just returned from the dealer yesterday for my first free oil change and asked my service advisor about the 3.5.1 software update.  The SA stated it was not yet available for Hybrid owners then I stated all current Hybrids are shipping with 3.5.1 installed. Next the SA responded by saying Ford has instructed all dealers to not attempt a 3.5.1 update on any pre 3.5.1 Hybrid vehicle. He stated there was no Ford schedule on when this would be available to existing Hybrid owners.

As a reference when I purchased my 2012 Passat TDI about 6 months after it was released VW added Sirius Travel Link to RNS510 navigation units. Within 3 months of the new vehicles shipping a TSB was issued by VW giving local dealers access to firmware for updating all existing customers to the new version.

I would expect Ford at a minimum to match VW in customer satisfaction.

Just took the car in for 10K oil change.  Asked my SA 'who's the Sync expert around here?'  She said she was, so I explained that I had 3.1.3 and that new builds had 3.5.1 and what's up with that?    She hadn't heard about an upgrade, but I DID get an interesting tidbit out of the conversation.  The SAs just put in the VIN into the computer and the DEALER COMPUTER tells them if the car requires any upgrades.  Makes sense, that way the SAs don't have to try to keep track in their heads of the different combinations of software and what car gets what upgrade, they just look at the printout from the master computer.

So, doesn't sound like there is any 3.5.1 in my future, since Big Brother hasn't given my car the thumbs up yet. 

BBBuuuttt, on the good side, the SA sounded genuinely interested in the whole issue, and she said she was going to look into it.  When I get the car back I'll see what I find out.

Dealer has ordered a new GPS module.  Ford told dealer that it should fix the Navigation problem of showing me off road most of the time.  Part arrives later this week.  Will keep forum advised with my progress.

I hope that is the fix because the TSB didn't work for me and I am getting tired of waiting for the release of 3.5.1 and the A4 map.

So my MFT took another "performing scheduling" dive this afternoon - wonderful. I finally called Galpin and got my SA - hes kinda preplexed as well with the TSB and I am not the only one that this TSB did not work. What was really annoying was that I was using the direction and then it lead me to the wrong direction and decided to go into fairy land - just disappear, as if I never entered a destination. WTH....

I suggest everyone start bugging their SA and get them to bug Ford...just even with the people who replied to this thread can each call Ford and get them to release the 3.5.1, that would be outstanding...

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

So my MFT took another "performing scheduling" dive this afternoon - wonderful. I finally called Galpin and got my SA - hes kinda preplexed as well with the TSB and I am not the only one that this TSB did not work. What was really annoying was that I was using the direction and then it lead me to the wrong direction and decided to go into fairy land - just disappear, as if I never entered a destination. WTH....

I suggest everyone start bugging their SA and get them to bug Ford...just even with the people who replied to this thread can each call Ford and get them to release the 3.5.1, that would be outstanding...

I was planning to call tomorrow anyway. My person hasn't returned my call returning their call......they said there were no *recalls* on my VIN#. I explained that I wasn't concerned about a recall but an update! That's where the convo died. I gave her 3 days........tomorrow I make the call......and to Ford Customer Service too!!!

Hi all!

New member on here. First off, a big thanks to all members, this forum helped convince me to purchase the car.  Love it so far!

Just picked up our 2013 C-Max 4 days ago, I have not checked the build date but it did come with Gen2 3.5.1.  In my short ownership it has worked perfectly in all uses so far.

Welcome d90! Good to see someone else here from Michigan!

What a great time to get your new car! The weather is moderating, and with all the info you've already learned here, you're way ahead of the game!

I hope your 3.5.1 continues to perform flawlessly for you. Now, if the rest of us could only get our hands on it..............

Again, Welcome, and congrats on owning a wonderful new vehicle!

OK, I forgot.  

How do you find out what release date your car has?

Took mine in yesterday, told dealer to do the TSB 13-3-11.  Claimed they did, but I can't detect anything has changed.

At least one way is online at the www.syncmyride.com web site. For me, clicking the tab "Account Settings" shows the following report:

SYNC Version

Gen2 - V3.5.1icon_checkbox.pngDA5T-14D546-BB

icon_checkbox.pngDA5T-14D546-DB

icon_checkbox.pngDA5T-14F496-AH

icon_checkbox.pngDA5T-14F497-AJ

icon_checkbox.pngDA5T-14F657-AK

My car was built on 3/13, and also has the A4 version of maps. No problems so far.

At least one way is online at the www.syncmyride.com web site. For me, clicking the tab "Account Settings" shows the following report:

OK, I just did that and according to the website I do have 3.5.1; however,  my car display says 3.34.4 in the setting submenu.   :headscratch:   Either way, I haven't had any issues.  :yahoo:

I went in today to have TSB 13-3-11 installed (post that story in that thread) and asked the tech guy about the 3.5.1 update and he said he didn't know when it was coming, but he had tried to install it using copies he had in a couple of vehicles and it failed.  So he thought it was requiring some extra work at Ford to make it installable in the older Hybrids.

And now it looks like I will need that update for fix my Nav problem as 13-3-11 didn't do it.  More on that elsewhere.