3.5.1......Anyone? Anyone?

Nissan Altima loaner, surprising fuel economy of 38 mpg driving 75 mph on the tollway. The Altima engine maintenance light came on as I was driving off the dealer lot and when I got within 2 miles of my house the low fuel warning turned on. I am leaving town this weekend and taking my Passat TDI so all is good.

I was going to say darrelld... ;)  Enjoy your weekend and please, keep us posted. I hope it all works out at the dealership.

Have you had this since the 3.5.1? My SEL was caused by the SD card which the 3.5.1 has since updated to the A4.

I haven't drove it since I dropped it off for the update on Monday. I am picking it up tomorrow, the CEL was evap related. The tech needed to replace a pump.

I will post the results when I finally get them. I miss my car, $60 worth of gas in 4 days while avg 25 mpg in this Impala.

I haven't drove it since I dropped it off for the update on Monday. I am picking it up tomorrow, the CEL was evap related. The tech needed to replace a pump.

I will post the results when I finally get them. I miss my car, $60 worth of gas in 4 days while avg 25 mpg in this Impala.

Ouch, I shudder. Wait, thats the same mileage my wifey gets in her Jaguar. Nevermind :confused:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Got my 3.51 update today. My car was at a dealer in Conroe for a week because the power steering died. They offered to do the update at the same time. Why not, I thought? They'd probably be waiting on parts.

The touchscreen is totally messed up. The displays are correct, but the touch areas are upside-down and backwards in relation to the screen. Press the "information" area and it brings up "entertainment." I don't think anyone even tested it. Sigh.

Got my 3.51 update today. My car was at a dealer in Conroe for a week because the power steering died. They offered to do the update at the same time. Why not, I thought? They'd probably be waiting on parts.

The touchscreen is totally messed up. The displays are correct, but the touch areas are upside-down and backwards in relation to the screen. Press the "information" area and it brings up "entertainment." I don't think anyone even tested it. Sigh.

That is CRAP service by that Ford dealer. I think this is past the self calibration fix (search Laurel as she asked about this) - back goes the CMax....*sigh*

I wonder what is going on Darrell?  Probably another case of no land line.

The SA said one of the PCM modules is refusing to take the update and they need guidance from Ford on how to proceed. The SA said another C-Max they updated just before mine had the same problem and they needed to replace the module. I prefer they do this correctly the first time so I don't have to make another 45 minute one way drive to dealer again. Wife really misses the C-Max but agrees they need to completely fix the problems before its returned.

How discouraging Julie!  Comes down to poor work ethics and lack of knowledge.  Gotta wonder what is with these dealership managers to not supervise their employees. I will make sure I check my system thoroughly in October when I do the upgrade BEFORE I drove away.  Sure hope somewhat at Ford reads these forums and acts on what they read.

How discouraging Julie!  Comes down to poor work ethics and lack of knowledge.  Gotta wonder what is with these dealership managers to not supervise their employees. I will make sure I check my system thoroughly in October when I do the upgrade BEFORE I drove away.  Sure hope somewhat at Ford reads these forums and acts on what they read.

It's the whole system.  Dealers are independently owned, and there's only so much "control" that Ford can bring.

Fast food franchises around here are the same, one KFC is nice, and a couple miles away the other is crap.

It's the whole system.  Dealers are independently owned, and there's only so much "control" that Ford can bring.

Fast food franchises around here are the same, one KFC is nice, and a couple miles away the other is crap.

You're right Zhack.  For sure it would be hard to monitor all these independently owned dealerships, and having qualified IT techs has got to be expensive.  You are a voice of rational thinking.

Edited by Laurel

pwbarrett said he found the calibration fix in one of the threads and applied it, and now the touchscreen is working properly. I'm going to let the service guy at the dealer I went to know. I think Thursday may have been his day off as I dealt with someone else. 

Ouch, I shudder. Wait, thats the same mileage my wifey gets in her Jaguar. Nevermind :confused:

No issues so far other than a system maintenance message when getting it home. That was after phone and USB music drive install.

My check engine light did come back on though for the P043E code, so it is scheduled to go back Tuesday... I did lose 3 mpg to that tank of gas for the service and update. 45 mpg is still better than 25 mpg, I wonder what my next loaner car is going to be.

Hopefully Ford can help out the tech more, EVAP codes are a nightmare to chase down.

My mouth remains open upon reading your post. How can that be?

According to my SA the firmware updates were unsuccessful and they went back and forth with Ford on how to proceed. Ford finally authorized replacement modules on Monday that have yet to arrive at the dealer.

I suspect most problems are due to dealer computer network shortcomings.  Ford specifically notes that a hard-wired (i.e. non-wifi) connection is to be used to connect the in-shop workstations to the dealers network (and hence to the Ford servers).  Apparently, the upgrade has to be done directly from Ford servers rather than download the upgrade to the dealership then update the vehicle.  So any hiccup in the network connection, server overload, etc., will cause the whole process to fail.

That's my surmise.

Add me to the list.  Took car in for 3.5.1 and liftgate fix.  They called, I went to pick it up.  Guess what, no 3.5.1! 

Like the rest of you, I inquired as to why they didn't look at the screen to see if the fix actually taken place.  They said, "They don't tell us what is supposed to happen with the fix, so we don't know what to look for."

Why am I not surprised about any of this.  

Lift gate, by the way works with one kick now.

All this despite my warning the Tech guy in advance that the fix doesn't always work right.  Even sent him a bunch of posts from this forum as proof.

amazing that do many dealers/tech's are clueless and the owners know more than they do. definitely need more techs to be trained on this car and how to fix it. of course it being a first year model all these issues are brand new so nothing to go by as a reference.

sad sad sad. wish all of you luck.