50+mpg trips

C-MAXER

jus that would be great to have a faq created by you and recump for the top 10-20 tips to get the highest mpg / longest range out of the C-Max.

having it in one document/place will be better for all the new (and potential) and seasoned cmax drivers.

thanks

I hear yer but that may be hard to achieve since I am sure myself, Matt and others all have other beliefs that would be conflicting when laid side by side - and yet this works for us individually. Thats the tough bit to overcome. So for now, I'll do mine, I know snitGTS has done his own, and many other drivers will do their own. Individually, we could do our own top 10 but its just too hard to come to a common consensus top 10 - if you catch my meaning. Good idea though.

Keep going C-Maxgo, you're tracking nicely to be the next hypermiler. To charge, take the car to say 5 mph above the limit and let it glide, repeat and repeat till you get a "useable" level. Feel free to throw in some nice EV in betwen cycles. I would also suggest you keep a good eye on the front red lights and see if you can time crossing them without stopping -  without p*ss off the drivers behind you, be street smart. I think the timing helps a ton by saving you gas from the 0-35mph acceleration. Try that next time.

Thanks Jus-A-CMax.  I'll try that.   :salute:

The picture :camera: below was taken last night on interstate mixed with traffic lights with a speed limit between 35 and 55 mph.  The streets were mostly flat with some minor bridges.   :shift:

null_zpsc9122ad1.jpg?t=1371824248

On this second tank of my new C-MAX, I have been getting 50+ pretty consistently.  My Lifetime has been ticking up as I make more trips.

Good...cause the next the 600+ tank we need the photo, we trust yer but we need to verify ;)

Keep it up, going great gunz there SDM :rockon:

This was my drive home from work today. I know it's not very far but for some reason the MPG was higher than the usual 50-55 that I typically get.

attachicon.gif60MPG Trip.jpg

So far I have put about 70 miles on this tank and I am running a 49.7MPG average.

Way better than my debacle at those short miles.

Isn't this a FUN game? How can anyone drive a gas engine after all this :hysterical:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Jeez... Jus  You're killing me. Congrats!!!   And to think I was patting myself on the back over a lousy 56 mpg. LOL

Metroman, 56 MPG is really a good number!

I wish I could get that consistently on my leg back from work - ah, I get around there or a wee bit below. Its just tough to climb hills with any semblance of good MPG numbers at end.

So....that was jus my personal best and I thought I would throw it out there to show what can be done with street driving@speed limit speeds since there is a misconception here and on the net that myself and other hypermilers are "slow" but in reality - we drive the speed limit or more (for the pulse phase). 

So, keep going metroman, both you and CMaxgo are doing great and lets see more of those numbers  :rockon:

PS By the time you both get to our high odo, these numbers will be jus-a-walk-in-da-park. Trust me on that one...it also includes engine breakin. Again, no one is paying attention as to how much this can effect your MPG  ;)

My contribution:

Lunch ride to get away from the office for a few (30) minutes.  From office, the very longest way possible to Office Depot:

yc8b.jpg

Next was ride from OD to my bank. That was 36.6 mpg's because I had to accelerate in with traffic to 55 mph for about 1.5 miles (semi-uphill) to get to my bank.

Ride from my bank to my office:
53au.jpg

High mpg "short" trips are easy for me and a large part of my 90% city driving.  Knowing the topography of the world you drive on helps a lot, too.  I get 80+ mpg's EVERYTIME I drive home from my friends house.  Almost all downhill (or rolling hills), few lights, minimal traffic, and using P&G in EV mode to maximize those little hills for speed.  It is a 15-20 minute ride on surface streets, not sure of the total miles.  If I get less that 80, I wonder why, lol.  I will take a pic of that trip next time I head over his way.

i think i can break 50 MPG over a 20 mile route going 55-70 MPH, and turning around half way.  on the way to the north side of my town is mostly up hill, slightly.  going 10 miles in that direction, just driving, i got about 34.6.  

the way back makes up for it though:

IMAG0420_zps4c623fb8.jpg

Edited by Jmonty

not lousy metro, anything over 49 mpg is excellent and deserves recognition as its not just the car but the driver as well that plays a big part in getting great numbers. the car is the paintbrush. the driver is the artist. keep it up.

Jeez... Jus  You're killing me. Congrats!!!   And to think I was patting myself on the back over a lousy 56 mpg. LOL

perhaps we need a minimum miles driven for the trip to post here as most can do 2 mile trips that get 60-80mpg if the terrain is ideal.

I get your point but no a minimum isn't needed.  In fact, short trips are one of the primary reasons for poor mileage so showing ourselves and others that the CMax/hybrids can do well under these circumstances is beneficial.

perhaps we need a minimum miles driven for the trip to post here as most can do 2 mile trips that get 60-80mpg if the terrain is ideal.

I get your point but no a minimum isn't needed.  In fact, short trips are one of the primary reasons for poor mileage so showing ourselves and others that the CMax/hybrids can do well under these circumstances is beneficial.

Oh how the whims of a forum changes.... ;)

We did have a thread here where you posted your 25+ miles MPG because the posters back then were complaining that these super high MPGs were not fair because they were too short!!!

Heres the thread: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/862-who-says-it-cant-be-done-post-highs-here-over-25-miles-traveled/

So if we're still on the short trips are tough....this was yesterday, when I was going to the golf course (El Cariso to Hansen Dam). Trip 2 was tracking my days run (yeah, I know, I took a break from the MPG-free vacation)...

9174157747_a0fd4416b4_z.jpg

and then I headed from Hansen Dam to Roger Dunn at North Hollywood:

9174158711_4e2f3eb98c_z.jpg

Nutz :sing_rain:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Oh how the whims of a forum changes.... ;)

We did have a thread here where you posted your 25+ miles MPG because the posters back then were complaining that these super high MPGs were not fair because they were too short!!!

Heres the thread: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/862-who-says-it-cant-be-done-post-highs-here-over-25-miles-traveled/

So if we're still on the short trips are tough....this was yesterday, when I was going to the golf course (El Cariso to Hansen Dam). Trip 2 was tracking my days run (yeah, I know, I took a break from the MPG-free vacation)...

9174157747_a0fd4416b4_z.jpg

and then I headed from Hansen Dam to Roger Dunn at North Hollywood:

9174158711_4e2f3eb98c_z.jpg

Nutz :sing_rain:

Bionic car, I say!!!

Telling me...this car JUS GOES. I took the freeway back cause it got hotter than HELL with AC so that dropped my MPGs back to the mid 50s but still, what can I say. If I wanted to, I could surface street it back and it woul dbe mid 60s.

I hope that this is whats waiting for all of you when you get to 15,000+ on the odo :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax