Call Home...Select a line?

Using an iPhone 5 and when I select voice commands, say "call home" I'm presented with the message to select a line...home is the line 2. If I say line 2, it replies, calling Home Home. So, what's the deal. Why can't it realize I want to call home. Do I have to say, "call home home?"  Something about the way my directory is set up on the phone?

Thanks,

Marty

I have an iPhone 4s and it occasionally does that too.  I have our home phone number named as "home" and classified as "home" as opposed to work or cell.  I have my wife's cell and work numbers stored and have to say both to specify which one to call so, yes, I think we both should be saying "call home, home" so as to skip the line #2 step.  Hope that makes sense.

What is on Line 1?  Does it sound like "Home"?  Sometimes when I say "Call Sally" it makes me choose between "Kelly" and "Sally".  I think this is usually when there is more background noise (road noise or the fan is set higher).  I don't think that it has anything to do with my phone (HTC EVO).

I'll have to try again to see what's on line 1 Rob. I have learned that when I want to call my wife's iPhone, I need to say, call Barbara Mobile, not just Barbara. I guess Ford thinks my wife married someone named Mobile. However, I CAN say call Ted mobile and it repeats calling Ted mobile. So who knows. I just wish everything just worked with Siri.

I'll have to try again to see what's on line 1 Rob. I have learned that when I want to call my wife's iPhone, I need to say, call Barbara Mobile, not just Barbara. I guess Ford thinks my wife married someone named Mobile. However, I CAN say call Ted mobile and it repeats calling Ted mobile. So who knows. I just wish everything just worked with Siri.

I think this is because your phone is set up for multiple numbers for one contact (home, work , mobile, etc.) so it asks which one you want, even if you are only using one entry for that contact.