Another Cmax ... In My Neighborhood

I've owned my Cmax since January 15th, 2013, I think I have seen maybe 2 other Cmaxes (or is it Cmaxi?) in that time.  Now there is a Sterling Grey SE parked about 5 doors down!  I did notice that they are visiting since I am in NC and the license plate shows it’s from SC.  My Cmax is no longer unique!  :rant:

I'm not sure.  The receptionist didn't know who was driving it and my office does not have a window looking out. 

Thanks on the scangage.  I love using my scangage with the Cmax, I just wish there were more Xgauges for the Cmax.

was it a rental or a regular one?

btw nice scangage

What's a scangage? What does it report and how hard is it to install?

For the most part a scangage reports the same stuff that the Cmax gauges do. I use it to supplement what the dash does. I display instantaneous mpg, tank mpg, engine rpm, and high voltage battery state of charge (in %, 0-100). The scangage can also display things like throttle position, water temp, intake air temp, 12v battery voltage, and other stuff like that. It can also read and reset engine codes.

Edited by HannahWCU

The Scangage does basically the same thing this product does, but the scangage does not need a smartphone and app.  They both read the same data from the car. I am sure the apps for the smartphone can manipulate the data in more ways, but I don't know since I haven't used one in a while.  The Scangage does not let you attach other sensors to it like this product appears to.  If you are interested in reading the data and playing with the apps I would suggest you go a cheaper route and buy one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051DUVK0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have this one and it works through Bluetooth to your phone.  It will work with the same apps listed on the plx web site.  It works fine, I just couldn't find an app I liked as much as the scangage.

I've wanted to get something like this: http://www.plxdevices.com/product_info.php?id=GSSTWIFI so I can try to map more detailed information about the car's fuel economy under different scenarios… 

The Scangage does basically the same thing this product does, but the scangage does not need a smartphone and app.  They both read the same data from the car. I am sure the apps for the smartphone can manipulate the data in more ways, but I don't know since I haven't used one in a while.  The Scangage does not let you attach other sensors to it like this product appears to.  If you are interested in reading the data and playing with the apps I would suggest you go a cheaper route and buy one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051DUVK0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have this one and it works through Bluetooth to your phone.  It will work with the same apps listed on the plx web site.  It works fine, I just couldn't find an app I liked as much as the scangage.

I wonder if it uses the same chip underneath, so that the same code would work with it? it's cheap enough that it's worth trying to see… 

I know the one from Amazon works with several of the Android apps out there.  I used several of the free ones then purchased this one to use with it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

I wonder if it uses the same chip underneath, so that the same code would work with it? it's cheap enough that it's worth trying to see… 

You might want to call and be sure whatever unit you get will shut itself off when you shut the car off.  The Scangauge does this.  I had another one, which required you to flip a little switch to shut it down.  Sooner or later I knew I would forget and probably drain the battery.

• 1 month later...

An interesting note, the CMax I spotted in my neighborhood in eary June, has not moved since then.  I really don't know the story on it.  It has out of state tags, so I thought it was a visitor. An elderly man lives in the house it is parked at.  But I never see anyone else there.  Just wondering how long the HV battery will last with not being used for so long.

• 3 weeks later...